Disneyland Things I Never Knew Existed & Now Want Back

Rich T

Original Poster
The wonderful Gorillas Don't Blog recently posted shots from the DL's 1976 Easter Parade, including this gem:
hathiandwinnifred.jpg

Col. Hathi and Winnifred in their Sunday best. Elephant spats!!! I know 2018 ain't 1976, but.... this is so much more charming and interesting than the same old same old character roster we currently get time and time again.

180º

Oh my goodness, that is adorable. Colonel Hathi and his wife were always my favorite characters in the Jungle Book. The hats are just too much in the best way possible.

Phroobar

The wonderful Gorillas Don't Blog recently posted shots from the DL's 1976 Easter Parade, including this gem:
View attachment 287661
Col. Hathi and Winnifred in their Sunday best. Elephant spats!!! I know 2018 ain't 1976, but.... this is so much more charming and interesting than the same old same old character roster we currently get time and time again.
I agree. Anything is better than Princesses, Aladdin, Mermaids, Lion King, Pixar and talking giant rats and ducks.

George Lucas on a Bench

Well I would want a revamped version of this to come back, but also a rare photo I love. The rare, high quality photo of the one neon rocket rod.

rocketrodnight.jpg
Also a lot of rocket rods ride videos have area music that is lost. I would love clear videos of this area music some day!

It's cool because it's subtly TRON-esque but not a literal TRON attraction like that stupid roller coaster that just goes outside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom