Disneyland: Restraunts

dhoywdw20x

Original Poster
If any of you have been to Disneyland, what restraunts do you recommend. We are going this fall, or planning on going. We are going to stay at the Grand Californian most likely and will go to the OSU V USC football game and take a trip to both parks and Universal.

kingslyZISSOU

If any of you have been to Disneyland, what restraunts do you recommend. We are going this fall, or planning on going. We are going to stay at the Grand Californian most likely and will go to the OSU V USC football game and take a trip to both parks and Universal.

I have never been myself, but i have always wanted to eat at the bayou restaurant. I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
#1) Blue Bayou that is inside Pirates- make reservations and traditionally I have booked the last reservation of the evening and have waited for about 45 minutes AFTER my reservation time to be seated. When I'm there in Feb I will try a new strat. and book an early dinner to see if it cuts down the wait time. TRUST ME it is worth the wait!

#2) Napa Rose in the Grand Californian

#3) Village Haus in Fantasyland (Next to Pinocchio's Daring Journey). Great for a quick bite and has a good varity.

#4) Carnation Cafe in Main Street. GREAT for lunch! They have a soup and sandwich combo that is like $10 YUM! Get the pretzel bread sandwiches! Ask to sit in the sun you by pass the waiting line and the sun will move and then you will be in shade in no time.

#5) La Brea Bakery cafe for dinner and Express take out side first thing in the AM for breakfast. The baked goods are brought over fresh baked from the flagship restaurant on La Brea BLVD in Los Angeles in the AM daily. They taste best first thing in the AM. I worked there while in college when it opened and met the owner several times, she is wonderful and so is her food! The coffee is Peets and the espresso is Illy YUM!

#6) Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney

#7) Catal in Downtown Diseny

And those are my favorites :) As far as eating in DCA, I usually just get grab and go there, but there is a cool bread bowl place, Boudin I think, around the Warf area.

maconMouse

Here are my favorites :

• Storyteller's Cafe in the Grand Californian - Amazing buffet for breakfast or dinner in a gorgeous atmosphere with some neat characters you don't see at WDW often (like the Brother Bear characters).
  • Wine Country Trattoria in DCA - You'll feel like you've escaped to the Wine Valley as you enjoy some delicious Italian food. Love their soups, salads, lasagna, & CA wine selection. The tiramisu for dessert is to die for.
  • Carnation Cafe - So neat to be able to dine outside right on the middle of Main Street and people watch! Try the Matterhorn sundae for dessert.
  • Cafe Orleans - They serve ratatouille on the menu (delicious), tasty french onion soup, Monte Cristo sandwiches, Mint Juleps (with free refills), Mickey Shaped Beignets all while you sit outside amid New Orleans Square. A very unique dining experience you can't find at WDW!
  • Blue Bayou - Amazing atmosphere & desserts all while you watch the Pirates of the Carribean guests go by in a realistic feeling & sounding bayou. Very expensive for dinner. I often go just for dessert & coffee.
Hope you have a magical trip to Walt's park!

3IAlienKid

Napa Rose - This restaurant is regularly ranked one of the top 3 in Orange County. Very expensive.
Catal's - This is a really nice restaurant in DTD that no one seems to talk about much. We've always been impressed with our food, and the environment is modern classy. Very expensive.
Blue Bayou - This place is worth it alone just for the view of the Pirates of the Caribbean loading area, but it's gotten really good reviews for the food as well ever since they revamped the menu and redid the kitchen 2 or 3 years ago. Haven't tried it myself since then. Very expensive.
Cafe Orleans - Should go there to try the famous Monte Cristo sandwich. Moderate.
Riverbelle Terrace - We often get breakfast here. It's a nice view of the Rivers of America in the morning. Inexpensive (relatively speaking of course).
Storyteller's Cafe - Never had dinner here, but the breakfast buffet is excellent, and it's never as crowded as the more popular Goofy's Kitchen. Expensive.
Yamabuki's - Japanese food at Paradise Pier Hotel. Expensive.

redkoala245

I reccomend the restaurants in DD. I wasn't a big fan with DL food. And they didn't have a lot of character dining compared to WDW. I also stayed at the Grand Californian also. The name makes me think of GF.

maryszhi

#1) Blue Bayou that is inside Pirates- make reservations and traditionally I have booked the last reservation of the evening and have waited for about 45 minutes AFTER my reservation time to be seated. When I'm there in Feb I will try a new strat. and book an early dinner to see if it cuts down the wait time. TRUST ME it is worth the wait!

#2) Napa Rose in the Grand Californian

#3) Village Haus in Fantasyland (Next to Pinocchio's Daring Journey). Great for a quick bite and has a good varity.

#4) Carnation Cafe in Main Street. GREAT for lunch! They have a soup and sandwich combo that is like $10 YUM! Get the pretzel bread sandwiches! Ask to sit in the sun you by pass the waiting line and the sun will move and then you will be in shade in no time.

#5) La Brea Bakery cafe for dinner and Express take out side first thing in the AM for breakfast. The baked goods are brought over fresh baked from the flagship restaurant on La Brea BLVD in Los Angeles in the AM daily. They taste best first thing in the AM. I worked there while in college when it opened and met the owner several times, she is wonderful and so is her food! The coffee is Peets and the espresso is Illy YUM!

#6) Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney

#7) Catal in Downtown Diseny

And those are my favorites :) As far as eating in DCA, I usually just get grab and go there, but there is a cool bread bowl place, Boudin I think, around the Warf area.
wow, you have the same favs. as me........also the rest. at disneyland hotel is good, as well as paradise pier hotel and the grand californian
also
boooooo usc....go ND

maryszhi

also, you can go to allears.net , they have a list of rest. and menus from both the world and the land. just click on disneyland resort
hope that helps

Nicole220

Napa Rose...Disney's best. I've been there twice and have never been let down. The food is absolutely amazing and the service is top notch. It's pricey but totally worth it.

Some things that haven't been mentioned...I personally love ESPN Zones food. And I dont' know if you're interested in character meals, but Goofy's Kitchen is the best! I went a few weeks ago and had a blast!

Tigggrl

I love the Storytellers Cafe in the Grand Californian
Taste Pilots grill has the best BBQ Chicken
Pizza Port has some great chicken pasta
Blue Bayou is a good one, but keep in mind very long waits and higher prices!
I ADORE Ralph Brennans Jazz Kitchen in DTD
ESPN has the best salads:)
I just had dinner at the Carnation Cafe Friday and was disappointed!
OH! And for a fast break, and great food, there is White Water Snacks, at the Grand CAlifornian....and out of the way and quiet!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom