Disneyland Resort to Extend YoaMD?

DisneyWales

Disney Parks

The worst thing to come out of YoaMD:

Disney Parks

While this is bad for Florida and Califonia, it great for well maybe Paris alone i guess.

Its a great idea for international guests who maybe dont really know there's just DLRP or "The one in America" Since the 50th and the year of a million dreams more people here in the UK are becoming aware that there's more than two Disney Parks out there.

In the UK most peeps think theres DLRP and Disneyland in Florida.

So its working as intended, just not the best way to promote WDW.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
In the UK most peeps think theres DLRP and Disneyland in Florida.

eek2.gif

polarboi

This celebration to me was more exciting than any other, I have NOT won one single thing but I've seen little kids get to make a Mr. Potatoe Head and display it in the window. I've seen kids get a free Ice Cream Bar and think they couldn't have won anything better. I've seen the tags that people wear around their necks that they have fast pass all day on all the rides for that park and I haven't enjoyed anything more. This celebration is making a lot of people happy, a lot of kids thrilled and to me there can't be anything better. I go to Disney to enjoy Disney, I don't care what they are celebrating, I don't care what they are giving away, I care about Disney and having a great time and feeling like I'm twelve again. Who really cares what's being celebrated. I'm sure Epcot will have some sort of Tshirts, etc. to celebrate their 25th, do you really need a special banner to celebrate it? :shrug:

Honestly, this is my feeling as well. I love the YoaMD. It's a very Disney concept, and it's taken us back to commercials, planning videos, and more that really express that magic we all love about Disney. The current planning DVD is soooo much better than the one before it, IMHO. And the feeling of magic in the parks is awesome. The people who don't go every year, the ones who save up for years to take their family on a "trip of a lifetime" - these people seem to be really eating it all up and getting so much out of it. So I'm a fan, because that's what WDW is about.

As for its being more than a year, this is nothing new. Disney "year-long" celebrations always seem to last more than a year. The average Disney visitor has no idea when the celebration started or when it's ending; they just know it's there for them.

The worst thing to come out of YoaMD:

Disney Parks

:hurl: Yeah, not a fan. I don't like the Disney Parks logo (it seems to cheapen the Disney font) and I don't like the implication that we're all just part of some global marketing effort. I much, much, MUCH prefer seeing individual focus on the parks. Market Disneyland to those near Disneyland and market WDW to the rest of us in the U.S. People want to feel that the destination they've chosen is the most special one and is getting special attention, not that it's just one of many. This isn't Six Flags.

I do love YoaMD, though.

-p.b. :cool:

FantasMickeyM

Oh, I REALLY hope Disney World will keep doing Year of a Million Dreams, I LOVE it :D

When we were there we won Mickey ears, pins, CD, 2 YoaMD certificates, we got to be in a parade+ hubby was in "Woody's Roundup".

Year of a Million Dreams made it all much more exciting :king:

speck76

DL's 2nd quarter results were good - really good. As in higher then during the 50th anniversary celebration. So, they're crediting YOMD's and the Rocking both Parks promotion for the success.

Sad reality, most people vistitting DLR have no affection for either of these promotions. They just happen to coincide with a boost in attendance.

Thus both are being pushed to return in 2008. It remains to be seen if WDW will have to suffer the same fate, as AK's 10th was set to be a big promotion, and the two don't gel very well.

For MGM's 15th (in 2004) I got a coin

a420_1.JPG

:lookaroun

and when did you become the spokesperson for "most people"

speck76

:eek: :mad: :fork: :cry: I WISH SOME MARKETING EXEC WOULD PULL HIS/ HER HEAD OUT OF THEIR REAR END & REALIZE MANY OF THE DISNEY FANS THAT KEEP COMING OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER ARE SICK OF THE GLOBAL CELEBRATIONS, WDW HAS NOT CELEBRATED AN ANNIVERSARY SINCE THE 25TH, what could have been the 30th was 100 years of magic, now 35th is yomad ugggggggggggggggggggggh:eek:

what?

And I wish that the 'DISNEY FANS THAT KEEP COMING OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER' would realize that the celebrations are not targeted to them in any way. If you are coming again and again, you don't need the celebration to convince you. Celebrations are for the people who have never been, or come rarely, to convince them that 'now is the time to go.'

So who's the one with the head in the rear?

exactly

Not that I doubt you Lee, but if its really part of the new global celebrations, how come Tokyo can completely ignore it and have their own 5th year anniversary of TDS and all the big events that are going on there currently that have nothing to do with YOMD. As I understand it most of the overseas parks have completely ignored YOMD. So its not really a global celebration either, they just want to pretend that it is.

97%+ of the visitors to TDL are from Japan, most from Metro Tokyo.... A park like that needs to be marketed differently than one like WDW, where most visitors come every 4-5 years, and from the Northeast....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom