Disneyland Paris steals from WDW

mpaul32001

Original Poster
That's right! not a big deal or anything, but they stole our YOAMD costumes for their 15th anniversary...here's a video...

http://www.dlrp.fr/actu_disneyland_paris_15_ans_bougillumination_anniversa_1101.html

That's a video of the candle lighting ceremony...

Here is a video of the 15th anniversary parade which just debuted today! (They don't have our costumes in that!)

Go to this page and
Look for Disney's Once upon a Dream Parade - La parade des 15 Ans de Disneyland Resort Paris

http://www.dlrp.fr/dossiers/videos.php

They also stole the Illuminations theme on this page
Look for Son et lumières Spectrrraculaire - Soirée d'Halloween - 30/31 octobre 2005

And Wishes also on this page...
Look for Wishes - Spectacle sons et lumières estival du Parc Disneyland

I know it's disney's property and their not really stealing, but you know what I mean!!! I guess they have a history of taking from WDW...:wave:

raven

Disney does this for everything. I've seen music used in different parks, movie music used in the parks and even theame park music used in the Disney on Ice commercials and in the Disney Stores. Where do you think the YOAMD music came from? Disney's Peter Pan live action film. It's nothing new really.:wave:

GiveMeTheMusic

Peter Pan was a Universal Pictures film actually. Even weirder.

DLRP didn't steal the costumes. They were created to be used by all Resorts participating in the "Where dreams come true" promotion. Disneyland Resort uses them in Town Square only, while last I was in FL, I encountered them in every park but Animal Kingdom, which I found highly annoying.

ROEFan88

Downright senseless self-plagiarism, IMO. Why do all fireworks displays at DLPs Sleeping Beauty castle look so rubbish in comparison to DL and WDW? Watch the video that steals IllumiNations' music :)mad: ) - all the shells launched are the same, again and again and again. I think its pathetic that Disney would resort to this - it creates such wonderful original entertainment when it tries. Disneyland Resort Paris deserves better - now its inferiority is even more obvious.

dolbyman

Why do all fireworks displays at DLPs Sleeping Beauty castle look so rubbish in comparison to DL and WDW?

they have no permission for high flying shells or effects so they are keeping the display low :rolleyes:

RonAnnArbor

The fireworks have been a problem at DLP since its inception - the neighbors complain mightily about the fireworks (all 18 farmers of them originally) that they are "too bright and too loud" -- so there are no high flying shells, and there are no gratuitous nosemakers, which make the US fireworks so exciting.

As to "borrowing" -- they do a lot more than that -- WDW ships their Christmas decorations to the other parks every year; they also ship souvenir gift items and clothes items when they discontinue them in the US parks; similarly not only costumes but the actual floats used in the parades as well. Parts of discarded rides also find themselves in the other parks as scenery. Many pieces of the once planned western ride at WDW for example wound up in the scenic design of Big Thunder Mountain at DLP.

They do it all the time.

head mouse

Incase none of you have noticed ther is no DL, WDW, DLP, ect. It's DISNEY PARKS now. So they are all the same. So you can't say any one park steals from another. It's ALL Disney.

Get over it.

Captain Hank

It sometimes works the other way, too. The short-lived Splashtacular at Epcot was first the Tokyo Disneyland 15th Anniversary show, with one or two lyrics changed, and a different villain. Surprise Celebration (WDW's 20th anniversary parade) was a very slightly modified version of Disneyland's 35 anniversry parade Party Gras. The music for the Disney Dreams Come True parade was first introduced as the score for Disney Dreams On Parade: Moving On at Tokyo Disneyland. WDW's updated Dumbo was copied from Disneyland Paris. The same with Timekeeper. It happens a lot more than you think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom