Rumor Disneyland Paris Project/Rumor Tracker

Gusey

Original Poster
  • Since there isn't a Rumor Tracker for Disneyland Paris, I thought I'd set one up. If I miss anything, please feel free to let me know so I can add it to the Tracker
  • This is a collection of rumors from trusted insiders (not wild speculation or assumptions). They don't come from me. The information had been originally posted to the various threads of the forum and are just repeated and collated here. There is a link as to where they came from.
  • If you want to discuss or comment on the rumors, then follow the link and post in those threads.
  • Do not comment or start discussions in this thread. The moderators will delete them.
  • Do not ask if there are updates. Go to those threads and ask there.
  • It's OK to discuss the rumor as rumors... as to their source and conflicting information and updating out of date rumors.
Disneyland Paris Rumors/Inside Info/Timeline on WDWMagic -- Jump to...
Other Rumor/Timeline Trackers for WDW/DL:

Last edited:

Gusey

Original Poster
Disneyland Park:
Main Street USA:
  • Casey's Corner Covered Terrace & Character Meet & Greet Kiosk (2024):
    • Announced October 2023 - [Official]
    • Permits Granted February 2024 - [Source]
    • Construction began March 5, 2024 - [Source]
Adventureland:
  • Pirate Galleon Refurb:
    • Teased (January 2023) - [Source]
    • Drone Inspection done on the ship (December 2023) - [Source]
  • New Adventureland:
    • A replacement of Indiana Jones and the Temple and use of the expansion plot, based on success of Walt Disney Studios Expansion Project - [Source]
    • Could be Indiana Jones Adventure - [Source]
Fantasyland:
  • Le Pays des Contes de Fees Adding Frozen & Winnie the Pooh Scenes (2024):
    • Construction began March 11, 2024 - [Source]
  • Peter Pan's Flight Queue Refurb (No Set Date):
Discoveryland:
  • Star Tours new scenes:
    • Announced (April 2023) - [Official]
    • Ahsoka becoming part of Star Tours (September 2023) - [Official]
    • New scenes debuted April 5, 2024, based on Ahsoka, Andor and The Mandalorian - [Official]
  • Space Mountain 4.0:
    • Permanent Replacement of HyperSpace Mountain, set to open in 2025. Linked to de la Terre a la Lune and the Society of Explorers and Adventurers (March 2023) - [Source]
      • 2022 D23 announcement that Disney "are actively working on ways to incorporate S.E.A. authentically at Disneyland Paris" - [Source]
      • SEA Map shows Paris and a Rocket (April 2024) - [Source]
    • Imagineers spotted at Hyperspace Mountain (April 2023) - [Source]
    • Permits filed for "Creation of a maintenance area for “Hyper Space Mountain”, not approved yet (November 2023) - [Source]
    • Expected to be announced by or at D23 - [Source]
  • Mini Star Wars Land Behind Discovery Land:
    • Bike Coaster E-Ticket Proposed (March 2023) - [Source] [Source]
    • Long way to go before greenlit (March 2023) - [Source]
    • Star Wars behind Discoveryland "going well" (Feb 2024) - [Source]
    • Could be a Mandolorian coaster?? - [Source]
    • Not Rise of the Resistance, based on the success of Walt Disney Studios Expansion - [Source]
  • Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast Retheme?
    • Next 10 years. Dependent on California version, Lightyear retheme proposed but film didn't do well (March 2023) - [Source]
Other Non-Land specific rumors:
  • New Land or 2 new rides: Larger than Soarin'/Soarin' 2.0, Indiana Jones Adventure or Rise of the Resistance
    • Expected to be announced by or at D23 - [Source]

Last edited:

Gusey

Original Poster
Disney Adventrure World/Walt Disney Studios Park
  • Alice and the Queen of Hearts: Back to Wonderland (May 25, 2024):
    • BMX auditions (May 2023) - [Source]
    • Inspired by Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, supposed to last 5 years at WDSP - [Source]
    • Permits for Stunt Show Arena (June 2023) - [Source]
    • Official Announcement of Alice in Wonderland stage show coming Spring 2024 (August 2023) - [Official]
    • Named Alice and the Queen of Hearts: Back to Wonderland and Stunt Show Arena renamed Theater of the Stars - [Official]
    • Debuting May 25 2024 - [Official]
  • Name Change:
  • Tower of Terror Queue Refurb (2024):
    • Permit Filed February 2024 - [Source]
  • Studio 1 Becoming World Premiere (Spring 2025):
    • Garden Party retheme - [Source]
    • Closing in April 2024, set to reopen Spring 2025 - [Official]
      • Restaurant En Coulisse scheduled to close April 25, 2024, potential closing date for Studio 1 - [Source]
    • Officially named "World Premiere", set to open in Spring 2025 (April 2024) - [Official] [Official]
  • World Premiere Plaza (Formerly Production Courtyard and Toon Studios) (Spring 2025):
    • Reviving Initial Theater District at the entrance of the park (July 2020) - [Source]
    • Repaving of walkways in Production Courtyard, Toon Studio and Studio 1. Construction began October 2023, completed in phases until late 2025 - [Official]
    • Seems to be 3 months ahead of schedule (February 2024) - [Source]
    • Studio 1 and Theater District will open as soon as work complete, it won't be delayed to open with Frozen - [Source]
    • Officially named World Premiere Plaza - [Official] [Official]
  • Adventure Bay and Aventure Way (2025)
    • Announced (February 2018) - [Official]
    • Rumored 3 flat rides at one point, with Mary Poppins, Tinker Bell and Little Mermaid as mosd recurring IPS. Also a Tiana quick service - [Source]
      • Tiana Quick Service cancelled, replaced with generic East Pavilion (February 2023) - [Source]
    • Gazebo planned between Avengers Campus and Lake Pathway (Feb 2022) - [Source]
    • Announcement of Art Nouvea Restaurant (April 2022) - [Official]
    • New Flatrides and Gardens between Studio 1 and Lake (April 2022) - [Source]
    • Announcement of Toy Story Garden, English Garden and Tangled Garden (September 2022) - [Official]
    • Lagoon officially named Adventure Bay and will be "fitted with the latest technologies to provide exciting water-based entertainment, complete with fountains, music, lights and special effects that are sure to delight guests." [Official] [Official]
  • Rapionce Tangled Spin (2025):
    • Initial Rumor (October 2021) [Source] (May 2022) - [Source]
    • Rumored Plans for a Tangled Spinner Attraction based on the Floating Lantern scene - [Source]
    • Announcement of Tangled Garden and Attraction (September 2022) - [Official]
      • 18 "boats", seating 4-5 people, occupancy 850 per hour - [Source]
    • Officially named Rapionce Tangled Spin (April 2024) - [Official] [Official]
  • World of Frozen (2025):
    • Announced (February 2018) - [Official]
    • No Wandering Oaken Sliding Sleighs for WDS - [Official]
    • Construction Begins (April 2022) - [Official]
    • Royal Reception meet and greet in Arendelle Castle? (April 2023) - [Source]
    • Chance the project is delayed to Christmas 2025 or 2026? - [Source] [Source]
    • Officially named "World of Frozen" - [Official] [Official]
  • New Nightime Show:
    • Disneyland Paris rumored to have bought the Fantasmic barges from Tokyo DisneySea (March 2021) - [Source]
    • Use of Tokyo Disney’s Fantasmic barges, drones, water effects and pyro (March 2023) - [Source]
    • One of the buildings located around the lake will be entirely dedicated to the storage of drones - [Source]
    • Entertainment coming to Adventure Bay - [Official] [Official]
  • 2nd Flat Ride:
    • A second flat ride to be located around the lake (March 2023) - [Source] [Source]
    • Maybe themed to Ursula, based on the cancelled Ursula spinner from 1992 plans (March 2023) - [Source] [Source] [Source] [Source]
  • 3rd Land, Potentially Lion King Land:
    • Officially announced as a Star Wars Land (February 2018) - [Official]
    • Star Wars Land Cancelled, Natacha Rafalski: "We are still working on the third theme. We will make announcements about this when we are ready." (July 2022) - [Source]
    • Third Land now themed to Lion King, main E-Ticket will be a flume attraction (March 2023) - [Source] [Source] [SourceSource ] [Discussion]
    • Lion King greenlit, Expect an announcement at 2024 D23 (March 2024) - [Source][Source] [Source]
  • 4th Land, Potentially Avatar:
    • A 4th land for the Lake themed to Pandora: the World of Avatar, located between Frozen and Cars Road Trip (March 2023) - [Source] [Source]
    • Bob Iger teases an Avatar land for California and potential for a land in Asia and Europe: "We have one Avatar-based land, Pandora, in Florida. We’re going to put a second one in California. That doesn't mean we can't put one somewhere in Asia or somewhere in Europe for instance" (March 5, 2024) - [Source]
    • A unique version of Pandora is on the table (March 2024) - [Source] [Source] [Source]
    • Could be a version of Animal Kingdom's with Flight of Passage, project's approval will be based on the success of initial Walt Disney Studios Expansion (Avengers, Frozen, Lion King) - [Source]

Last edited:

Gusey

Original Poster
Resorts & Disney Village:
Disney Resorts:
  • Disneyland Hotel 3rd Restaurant:
  • Official Announcement of a 3rd Restaurant in collaboration with a world renowned chef (February 2024) - [Official]
  • Sequoia Lodge Refurb:
    • Test Hallway (June 2023) - [Source]
    • Upcoming Refurbishment Confirmed: 1000 Rooms, 2 Restaurants, Shop & Pool (October 2023) - [Source]
    • National Geographic themed - [Source]
  • Davy Crockett Ranch Bungalows Refurb:
    • Announced April 2024, themed to Junior Woodchucks/Donald Duck - [Official] [Official]
  • New Hotel on Lake Disney:
    • Disney Village 2021 Masterplan shows space for a new hotel, nothing concrete (March 2021) - [Source]
Disney Village:
  • Lakeside Park and Boardwalk:
  • Northern Block Refurbishment:
    • Northern Block Facades Concept Leaked (April 2021) - [Source]
    • Official Announcement (December 2022) - [Official]
    • Construction began Early 2024, set to last 2 years - [Official]
    • Permits Granted for removal of masts, new roof and four shops into three (Disney Gallery & Fashion) (January 2024)- [Source] [Source]
    • Disney Gallery & Fashion becoming Fashion store, Disney Fashion Jr. becoming Home Store and Lego Store getting an update - [Official] [Official]
    • Disney Store being re-imagined - [Official] [Official]
  • New McDonalds (Early 2026):
    • Disney Village Masterplan shows McDonalds moving location (April 2021) - [Source]
    • Official Announcement of a new McDonalds (October 2023): Construction begins September 2024 and set to open in Early 2026. Current McDonalds building will remain open until New McDonalds open - [Official]
  • Hard Rock Cafe:
    • Potential Hard Rock Cafe approached to open a restaurant (April 2021) - [Source]
Third Gate:
  • Disneyland Paris agreement to add a Third Gate to the resort is amended in February 2020. Now, Disney has until March 4, 2036 to have at least 22 million annual visitors and to submit a plan for a Third Gate. If they don't, EPA France can market the land set aside for the Third Gate - [Source]
    • As of 2022, Disneyland Paris Resort annual visitors was 15,270 (Disneyland Park - 9930; Walt Disney Studios Park - 5340) - [Source]
  • Nothing has been announced/rumored for the Third Gate but we have until 2036 so have time.

Last edited:

Gusey

Original Poster
Figured I'd add about the Third Gate Agreement Extension as we know a Third Gate is still in the contract and was extended back in 2020

Indy_UK

The National Geographic theme actually still in the plan? I like that...

FuRInI7WwAEd4tw.jpg

nickys

Premium Member
@Gusey , is there any way you could somehow embed the Twitter / X posts as sources?

Because I’m not on Twitter , I can’t see the actual tweets unless they’re embedded - like @marni1971 does.

Seems I can only see tweets if they’re the latest tweet that’s been made. If I try and scroll I get blocked with a sign-in prompt.

Gusey

Original Poster
@Gusey , is there any way you could somehow embed the Twitter / X posts as sources?

Because I’m not on Twitter , I can’t see the actual tweets unless they’re embedded - like @marni1971 does.

Seems I can only see tweets if they’re the latest tweet that’s been made. If I try and scroll I get blocked with a sign-in prompt.
I can give it a go, will look up as to how to do so :) If I embed the tweets on the main page though it makes it more cluttered. What I'll do is reply whenever I'm using a Tweet as a source in a separate post so people can see it in future

Last edited:

Gusey

Original Poster
Twitter Embed Source Dump:
Pirate Galleon Refurb:

March 2023 Expansion Recaps:

Star Wars Behind Discoveryland:

National Geographic coming to Sequoia Lodge:

Theater District is 3 months ahead schedule:

Lion King Land expected to be announced at D23:

Indy_UK

Looks like a refresh of the shops facade that’s all ready there? So the stores themselves will probably stay as they are?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom