News Disneyland Paris Pride Lands Lion King Ride

Jordan dby

An absolutely bonkers decision to make this the one piece of concept art for the news though. Beyond baffling.

possibly there was a change of heart and not enough time to update the concept art for D23.

would a hybrid work? on balance i prefer the animated original but there are pros and cons on each with cartoon animation vs realistic cgi.

for me, realistic animals would work better from a distance, like a roaring simba 50m away through forced perspective but cartoon better close up on a water ride.

i think it is a good choice and the noise of the water and riders, plus hopefully a roaring simba on pride rock will bring some good energy to the lake. but i did also notice that even disney referred to this as a 'themed area' as opposed to a land, and actually compared to the investments in US parks and boats Paris got a pretty rubbish deal again. at least our prices will stay lower (hopefully)

fTs

Really have to wonder if this was originally designed for DAK, and in DLP style, they borrowed it. An outdoor flume ride in Paris winter just doesn't seem to make as much sense as it would in Florida.
Plenty of parks further North then Paris have water rides and log flumes and Paris has the same average temp as Tokyo in Winter and even slightly higher then Shanghai.

walt-e

Really have to wonder if this was originally designed for DAK, and in DLP style, they borrowed it. An outdoor flume ride in Paris winter just doesn't seem to make as much sense as it would in Florida.
If the rumours are true (they were for the ride itself so…), the ride has been in the work since late 2019 following the success of the live action movie and the success of the Lion King and Jungle Festival specifically for Paris.

Toni25

It barely has an outdoor section, just the drop. It's 99% an indoor ride.
Seeing the more detailed models and that MASSIVE showbuilding really got me excited, it looks huge compared to Frozen. Wow, it's definitely bigger than Splash, right?
I am curious if this is in any way inspired by the ancient "Western River Expedition" ride, which was basically a more ambitious flume ride compared to splash.

Also, could this be an "indoor" land? With other mini attractions inside?

Maybe a bit of a stretch, but what if there will also be a version of Soarin? There was a rumor at some point that Disney patented a more sophisticated version of the ride system and that it was for Paris? (vaguely remembering this).

Sir_Cliff

I've always thought Lion King was a weird choice for a film on which to base a land due to the fact that film lacks any structures or signs, and I guess at least this model seems pretty faithful to that. I am very curious looking at the model, however, what the experience will be like wandering through rocks, grass, vegetation, sticks, etc. compared to the sort of experience they are creating based on Frozen. Maybe it will be cool, or maybe it will feel as strangely barren as the model looks.

J4546

from this pic it looks like they are gonna eventually probably have 5 disntinct lands with 1 ride each around the lake. THe lion king land looks pretty big and seems to have a lot to explore and the ride and mostly indoors and massive

Attachments

• dlplioinking.jpg
    dlplioinking.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 33

Toni25

from this pic it looks like they are gonna eventually probably have 5 disntinct lands with 1 ride each around the lake. THe lion king land looks pretty big and seems to have a lot to explore and the ride and mostly indoors and massive
My thoughts exactly. That plot between Frozen and Lion King is bigger than I anticipated.
Besides those 3 plots around the lake (including the cars tour), there is still the stunt show plot AND the area behind the stunt show. So many expansion possibilities...and then some more, there's other areas of the park that can be expanded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom