Disneyland Paris Band Organ question....

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
Last year, a shop on Main Street USA at Disneyland Paris, was apparently going to be refurb/remodeled, and in the process, was going to have the band organ (featured in the decor) removed. It was reported that the band organ was going to be moved to the Fantasyland Expansion at WDW-assuming the Storybook Circus section. Has anyone heard anything else about this? I've always been a fan of band organs and would love to have a real, functioning band organ at the MK. I remember the DL band organ that was moved to it's own building opposite Dumbo during their FL remodel. Sadly, on my last visit to DL, the band organ, while still there, was not operating and "canned" band organ music was playing instead.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Last year, a shop on Main Street USA at Disneyland Paris, was apparently going to be refurb/remodeled, and in the process, was going to have the band organ (featured in the decor) removed. It was reported that the band organ was going to be moved to the Fantasyland Expansion at WDW-assuming the Storybook Circus section. Has anyone heard anything else about this? I've always been a fan of band organs and would love to have a real, functioning band organ at the MK. I remember the DL band organ that was moved to it's own building opposite Dumbo during their FL remodel. Sadly, on my last visit to DL, the band organ, while still there, was not operating and "canned" band organ music was playing instead.

Yes this organ is 100% gone from DLP :wave:

As far as where it is going to, very little has been said, maybe One of the tents in Storybook Circus but details have been very scarce:shrug:

Crush Dude!

From DLRPToday;

"Inside the Disney & Co shop many changes will happen too. DLP will use some characters visuals that WDW WDI team sent to them and in exchange DLP sent the Disney & Co band organ (picture below) to Florida. If you go at WDW in the future you'll be able to see it in the Story Book Circus area located in the new Fantasyland."

Victor Kelly

I wonder what happened to the one from the penny arcade in WDW. It could be the same thing. I know it was old and hardly ever worked. If someone can get me a picture I can tell you.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
From DLRPToday;

"Inside the Disney & Co shop many changes will happen too. DLP will use some characters visuals that WDW WDI team sent to them and in exchange DLP sent the Disney & Co band organ (picture below) to Florida. If you go at WDW in the future you'll be able to see it in the Story Book Circus area located in the new Fantasyland."

Thanks for posting this....I knew I read it somewhere and I realize now that it was from DLRPToday (for a second, I thought I'd made the whole thing up in a dream). When the organ was at DLP, did it ever work, or was it just decorative? I'm hoping that it was....it will make a great addition to Storybook Circus if it does work!

aladdin2007

It will be inside the merch tent, thats what I was told anyway a few months ago, theres been no word on that changing but anything is possible I guess.

Crush Dude!

Thanks for posting this....I knew I read it somewhere and I realize now that it was from DLRPToday (for a second, I thought I'd made the whole thing up in a dream). When the organ was at DLP, did it ever work, or was it just decorative? I'm hoping that it was....it will make a great addition to Storybook Circus if it does work!

It did at one stage, how long ago that was im not sure :shrug:

litherlandhans

myself had a spec twin disk which drove amazing as well.
1.jpg

coachz

...Similarly, there used to be a coin-operated band organ in the MK at WDW. I remember it somewhere in Main Street , probably in the arcade, then a few years ago it was in the Main Street railroad station on the second floor...we specifically looked for it a couple of months ago and it was gone.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
...Similarly, there used to be a coin-operated band organ in the MK at WDW. I remember it somewhere in Main Street , probably in the arcade, then a few years ago it was in the Main Street railroad station on the second floor...we specifically looked for it a couple of months ago and it was gone.

I remember that one as well. Funny, I too was looking for it at the train station last month. I was sad that it was missing. I've got my fingers crossed that maybe it's having some work done to make it operational (again), and will appear in Storybook Circus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom