Disneyland or Magic Kingdom

Disneyland or Magic Kingdom

• Total voters

UNCgolf

The unpopular choices certainly do damage, but like for like as a park DL still wins hands down for me. Albeit Tomorrowland still drags it down.

Having said that, flesh out DLP with another half a dozen attractions and the competition could be tighter.

I've never been to DLP, but I've spent some time looking at it -- is there a chance that they could partially ruin it by adding attractions?

Not the simple fact of adding attractions at all, but because they might decide to jam them into places that would eliminate some of the spacious feeling/charm of DLP. Or is that just completely unfeasible and there's no way they could add attractions into those spaces?

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've never been to DLP, but I've spent some time looking at it -- is there a chance that they could partially ruin by adding attractions?

Not the simple fact of adding attractions at all, but because they might decide to jam them into places that would eliminate some of the spacious feeling/charm of DLP. Or is that just completely unfeasible and there's no way they could add attractions into those spaces?
Good question. I’m just watching Empire Strikes Back so remind me for more detail but there’s planned room for another 6 substantial attractions around the berm.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've never been to DLP, but I've spent some time looking at it -- is there a chance that they could partially ruin it by adding attractions?

74CB4FA3-8FB1-44D1-A2BA-3EC4A759C9C2.jpeg

Clockwise from the bottom, the yellow X is the Geyser Mountain site that for better or for worse was lost when WDSP was built. To be honest it’s no bad thing given when riding the riverboat this area is as calm and serene as the north part of Orlandos Rivers of America is.

Next up is the site of Paris‘ Splash Mountain. Instead they built a petting farm.

Then there’s two plots - originally one - the Lower one houses the Indy coaster which was a quick fix temporary addition that was made more permanent a few years back. The site to its immediate north is still free. Both these originally were planned for the Indy EMV/Coaster duel attraction also designed for Disneyland.

North of Fantasyland is a plot behind the Meet Mickey theatre. The theatre would likely become queue / preshow with access under the railroad to a show building via the already in place back of house access tunnel. Currently the tunnel access dressing rooms and the like (mainly from when the theatre was an actual theatre)

Next along is the original site of the Mermaid suspended ride. Currently planned for MMRR. Or was. Who knows.

Finally behind Discoveryland is a site with a berm tunnel again already in place - which was used for the questionable quality seasonal Pizza Planet QSR.

The top red X is a plot originally for the BatB dinner show, which thankfully seems too small for an attraction. This is one of those places you mentioned that would loose ambiance if built on. The other is in Discoveryland which was for a TSR.

bryanfze55

I'm not super in tune with the history of Disneyland Paris, but it seems that the price has gone up quite substantially since Disney took over majority ownership. The lowest one-day ticket was $105 last I checked. While not as offensive as WDW, it's just a tad bit more for Disneyland which has better food and maintenance, and more rides. But I'd still gladly pay the one-day price if I ever found myself in France just to explore the park.

Animaniac93-98

I'm not super in tune with the history of Disneyland Paris, but it seems that the price has gone up quite substantially since Disney took over majority ownership. The lowest one-day ticket was $105 last I checked. While not as offensive as WDW, it's just a tad bit more for Disneyland which has better food and maintenance, and more rides. But I'd still gladly pay the one-day price if I ever found myself in France just to explore the park.

Hotels, food, admission, everything went up when Disney took full control.

Park tickets start at $66 USD for a 1-park, 1-day (tax included) if you buy them on the UK site with the current exchange rate. $99 is the good any day price.

PiratesMansion

As @Animaniac93-98 has alluded to, one weird quirk of DLP is that you can play around with different versions of the site aimed at different audiences for different deals and prices, and it doesn't really matter-there's nothing stopping you from booking a deal aimed at, say, German travelers if you so desired. Sometimes it works out in your favor and you find a deal; sometimes the price stays basically the same regardless; but it's always worth exploring to see if you can save some $$.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
DLP is worth a visit, it’s actually a beautiful park. Meanwhile, WDSP is probably the worst park they have globally. WDSP will become much better if they still move forward with the plans they announced. Currently it feels very cheap and empty, with a handful of well done areas/rides like Ratatouille.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
DLP is worth a visit, it’s actually a beautiful park. Meanwhile, WDSP is probably the worst park they have globally. WDSP will become much better if they still move forward with the plans they announced. Currently it feels very cheap and empty, with a handful of well done areas/rides like Ratatouille.
Currently there’s only half of it left.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

I wonder what the results would’ve looked like before some of the unpopular changes at WDW occurred (FastPass+, 180-day ADRs, etc). I’m sure DL would’ve still come out ahead but I wonder if it would be closer. I think peoples’ issues with MK have less to do with it’s theming (which is still pretty good) and more to do with the fact that Disney has made it an operational nightmare.
Disneyland would still win, as it should. It is and will always be the better park.

Kate F

I’ve only really been to Disneyland once (technically twice but I was too young to remember anything), and the one time I was there, there were quite a few things I never got to do, namely the Matterhorn which was closed for refurb the year I went. Meanwhile I’ve been to MK numerous times and am more used to how things are over there. I feel like I haven’t experienced Disneyland enough to properly compare it. One day was not sufficient enough.

Based off of the posts in this thread, I’m sure it is the better overall park though.

bryanfze55

wont happen.

I was being tongue in check and making subtle political references in a forum where that doesn’t belong. The truth is, MK will probably reopen before Disneyland due to being in a state that is simply governed differently.

How long will WDW be open before DL joins? Idk. But for that period of time, I guess MK will get to be the best US castle park by default. 🎉 🎈 🎊

bryanfze55

I’ve only really been to Disneyland once (technically twice but I was too young to remember anything), and the one time I was there, there were quite a few things I never got to do, namely the Matterhorn which was closed for refurb the year I went. Meanwhile I’ve been to MK numerous times and am more used to how things are over there. I feel like I haven’t experienced Disneyland enough to properly compare it. One day was not sufficient enough.

Based off of the posts in this thread, I’m sure it is the better overall park though.

You really need 3 days minimum at just Disneyland Park (not DCA) to property experience it. Preferably 4. Not even joking. It’s that packed with attractions and many are worth repeating.

Getachew

Original Poster
I was being tongue in check and making subtle political references in a forum where that doesn’t belong. The truth is, MK will probably reopen before Disneyland due to being in a state that is simply governed differently.

How long will WDW be open before DL joins? Idk. But for that period of time, I guess MK will get to be the best US castle park by default. 🎉 🎈 🎊

I think the opening dates will end up being a lot closer than people suspect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom