Disneyland,Ohio?

darthdarrel

Original Poster
Hello everyone!
I have posted this question on another board and got no where,so I decided to pose the question here.
It is a fact that last year The Disney corpoation bought up mega acres of land in Rock Creek,Ohio.
Now I have heard rumors that they are going to build a Disneyland in Ohio,but so far they have not done anything to this land to my knowledge.I do know a person who`s company got the contract to do the roads. Now please don`t flame me,cause I`m only asking a question,wether you think that a Disneyland in Ohio is obsurd or not,I just wondered if anyone out there knows what Disney is going to do with this land?:D

epcot71

trust me its not a disneyland-wdw in fla depends to much on the midwestern travelers to come down and stay for a week or so in their hotels-it would only serve for maybe 3 or 4 states not enough for a new theme park-if they are buying land or bought land chances are its some"backstage" doings for instance when they bought all that land in memphis there was rumors about maybe some type of theme park there but actually it is the disney stores national distribution center so maybe its going to be some office buildings or something like that-

NowInc

Disney owns tons of companies that do many things.they also own lots of land throughout the country...no plans of building parks on them...

Ohio would be a BAD location for them because of the winter season...so I dont think it would be anything big.

darthdarrel

Original Poster
Well Cedar point and six flags do real well,but what ever their plans are for that property I wish they would just get started LOL! I don`t think it`s going to be an office building cause the amount of land that was purchased is 2.50-3x the acerage of Disneyland,California. I don`t know what the plans are for the erea! Maybe a "Celebration" type of community,I don`t know,it`s just the anticipation is driving me nuts! LOL!:lol:

Luau Cove

It's no nonsense. Disney conquered both coasts of the United States, so why not expanding to the middle of it, too? It makes perfect sense to me though I don't think they will create something enormous, just something to hammer in the Disney flag in the middle zone.

-->LUAU

epcot71

it would be cool to have disneyland ohio-lol but again heres some points that have to think about why it will never happen
a-just like now inc said disney owns lots of business units other than the disney name-so it could be something not disney related at all
b-disneys focus for the parks is multiday trips-they dont want you to just stay one day(this is why they added second park and hotels to disneyland)they want you there for as long as possible staying in their hotels-a park in ohio wouldnt be anything more than a one day park
c-a park in the midwest would canibalize disneyland and wdw-wdw relies heavily on midwest business(again long stays)thats why there is a sales office in chicago
d-what it is ;is eisner buying up some land for his retirement home when his cotract runs out in 2006:D :D

MKingdom25

Like someone else said, I don't think this will turn into another Disneyland. I think part of the magic of going to Walt Disney World or Disneyland is that they are so unique. If you start expanding, each place might not seem as special (i.e. Six Flags.)
I thinks that partly my opinion and I think it makes sense from a business perspective too. Thats my two cents!

P.S. Of course of they built more, I will go there too :D

MajinBuu

i heard rumors at other sites that disney wants to put Disney Quests all over the US... this could be one of them... and remember... its a rumor what i read...

TiggerDaddy

A distribution center or DisneyQuest would make more sense than a theme park. I think Disney likes the idea of keeping their theme parks open year 'round. Eisner could be making an "enormouse" vault to hold his money and his ego.

kal1484

Originally posted by ken-oh-ki
i heard rumors at other sites that disney wants to put Disney Quests all over the US... this could be one of them... and remember... its a rumor what i read...

I wouldn't believe it, because they closed the one in Chicago....

darthdarrel

Original Poster
That would be cool,If they didn`t have soo many damn rules,like telling you what colors you can and can`t paint your house,etc...! But if it is a Disney celebration community I wish they would start building them! LOL! The anticipation is killing me! LOL!:lol: :animwink:

WaltDisney100

Maybe they could make it into an upsideown hidden mickey.:lol: :lol:
..................................................................................:lol:

raven

Like someone said before, the Disney Co. owns lots of other businesses. The property in Ohio is probably just land for one of those companies. Disney companies are buying land all over the place. Every time that the public gets word of them they think there is going to be another theme park. If that were the case, Disney would have a theme park in every state by now!

Don't get your hopes up. It's probably nothing at all. Besides, do you really think that Disney would want to lose those people from WDW to some small park in Ohio? No. I live in Detroit and people are going to WDW now more than ever. Putting a park in Ohio would really make WDW drop in numbers. Besides, there are way too many parks around in the area that would be a challenge to them if they had built one there.

MKingdom25

Here's some crazy ideas for the land:

1.) Biggest Disney Store ever, 2x bigger than any existing one
2.) A really, really long Space Mountain ride
3.) A giant mockup of the ship from Lilo & Stitch
4.) last but not least, MuppetWorld!

P.S. OK the last one's not exactly Disney but hey there is a Muppets attraction in MGM! :lol:

cm1988

Just a rumor?

I tried searching Google for Ohio+ Disney+ company land purchase. Didn't get much of interest.

Does anyone know of a link to a magazine/newspaper... whatever... article that authenticates this rumor?

TiggersPooh

OK everyone please I want a Disney in Ohio how cool would that be for me to take days trips to Disney!! But I dont think it would happen but I think if they would make any kind of amusement park it would be a Amusement Park to compete with Cedar Point (the best), SIx Flags Worlds of Adventure (have season pass!!) and Kings Island!! Think of it a Amusenment Park with caring kind people with kick rides but Disne Charm it just brings a tear to my eye!!:cry: :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom