Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

milordsloth

So once you get to 1.00 it's your turn. It randomly moves you up a bit every so often. You start seeing less than an hour at around 0.80. You are getting close! Also 8:06am I'm pretty sure just means when they started the event, but I could be wrong.
This info kept me going! It was accurate, ive been checking that "progress" number and finally once it got over 0.80 I am now under an hour wait finally

Californian Elitist

It's a bucketlist thing, but then again I heard its not even that nice of a hotel. I wonder if there are any nice upscale hotels around Disneyland.
My roundtrip ticket to London from Los Angeles was over $200 less than what my friend paid today to stay one night at the Grand. I at some point would be like to stay there, but then I think about things like that and I don't want to spend the money. I've also heard the rooms aren't very lavish and don't match the amount of money required to stay in them. I don't know, maybe one year I'll do it.

TP2000

Some say there's been pent-up demand for Disney and attendance will come back to normal rather quickly.

Some have said it may take a year or more before attendance gets back to normal.

I'm pretty sure I now know which one is right.

Meh. This is the first day's disaster. A disaster many of us expected. And just wait until the park actually opens and all those rusty CM's try to figure out how to run a 65 year old analog theme park via a digital App. That's the real disaster waiting in the wings! :oops:

April 30th, a day that will live in infamy.

But a month from now? Things will be vastly smoother.

And four months from now? When Sacramento trips over itself to reopen and reel back all the mandates they made in 2020 to prevent the 2021 Recall Election from actually working? Going to Disneyland will be no more complicated than it was in 2019. It will probably be even easier, and less chaotic. And four months from now the App will finally work.

Darkbeer1

It's a bucketlist thing, but then again I heard its not even that nice of a hotel. I wonder if there are any nice upscale hotels around Disneyland.

I would say the JW Marriott is the most upscale currently, the Westin, when it opens, should be as nice as the JW Marriott.

waltography

It's getting late and I have work early in the morning and the wait time is still saying more than an hour. I can't believe after 15 hours I didn't get a reservation today. I'll give it another shot in the morning.
That's a shame. I hope things will have calmed down by then and you have better luck tomorrow!

TP2000

I'm too busy trying to finish up my thesis/last semester of grad school and planning a trip to either New Orleans or Mexico. I haven't decided which yet.

I have no problem with returning to Disneyland even next year.

For what it's worth, I vote for New Orleans. The locals there would love the business.

It's also a fabulous city with great music and great food.

Stevek

My roundtrip ticket to London from Los Angeles was over $200 less than what my friend paid today to stay one night at the Grand. I at some point would be like to stay there, but then I think about things like that and I don't want to spend the money. I've also heard the rooms aren't very lavish and don't match the amount of money required to stay in them. I don't know, maybe one year I'll do it.
We paid something like $179 for one night many, many years ago using an AP rate. I can’t fathom paying the current prices.

Stevek

It’s fine but clearly not even remotely worth what Disney charges. I’ve yet to see any premium Disney hotel that is worth the money Disney gets...just look at the WDW hotels. $800 a night for the Poly, Grand Floridian or Contemporary? No way.

CaptinEO

Oh my gosh, thats so funny when you compare it that way. Can stay at a hotel slightly closer to a themepark or travel to London xD.

I've had friends who stayed at the Grand that didn't have positive things to say about it either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom