Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

ToTBellHop

If Disneyland finally announces something in regard to masks I’m definitely postponing my trip to DCA this Saturday. Especially since the forecast climbed up from 81 to 88
The question is over indoors. The guidance is clear that outdoors can be mask free.

Guidance for Individuals​

Masks are not required for fully vaccinated individuals, except in the following settings where masks are required for everyone, regardless of vaccination status:

Additionally, masks are required** for unvaccinated individuals in indoor public settings and businesses (examples: retail, restaurants, theaters, family entertainment centers, meetings, state and local government offices serving the public).

———————
They can absolutely remove the outdoor mandate and I’m sure they will to align with WDW. Indoor is trickier since everyone knows kids under 12 are un-vaxxed.

mickEblu

The question is over indoors. The guidance is clear that outdoors can be mask free.

Guidance for Individuals​

Masks are not required for fully vaccinated individuals, except in the following settings where masks are required for everyone, regardless of vaccination status:

Additionally, masks are required** for unvaccinated individuals in indoor public settings and businesses (examples: retail, restaurants, theaters, family entertainment centers, meetings, state and local government offices serving the public).

———————
They can absolutely remove the outdoor mandate and I’m sure they will to align with WDW. Indoor is trickier since everyone knows kids under 12 are un-vaxxed.

When do you expect Disney to make an announcement that they are getting rid of the mask requirement outdoors? 6/15 is 6 days away.

mickEblu

Last I knew, they planned to announce changes for next week by the end of this week.

Having a CM tell me to pull my mask up in 88 degrees after an announcement has been made that the outdoor mask requirement is going away in 3 days won’t be irritating at all. The whole thing doesn’t make sense anyway. Technically we’d be “safer” when it’s only Californians since our state has the lowest COVID numbers in the US right now as well as high vaccination rates.

I think they ll announce on 6/15 for the reason I mention above.

ToTBellHop

Having a CM tell me to pull my mask up in 88 degrees after an announcement has been made that the outdoor mask requirement is going away in 3 days won’t be irritating at all. The whole thing doesn’t make sense anyway. Technically we’d be “safer” when it’s only Californians since our state has the lowest COVID numbers in the US right now as well as high vaccine rates.

I think they ll announce on 6/15 for the reason I mention above.
Certainly possible that they hold on to that nugget until 9:05 pm PDT 6/14 lol

Mickeyboof

Good news to anyone looking for Cafe Orleans reservations- additional slots for practically every hour have just been released throughout July. It’s a free-for-all. Get them while you can.

Curious Constance

I am relieved. I can tolerate masks inside (hope they are gone by August, though), but outside in the summer is rough.
My entire crew is fully vaccinated. I hope it’s gone everywhere by then too. But I don’t know that I can deal with outside in August heat. I’m so relieved too and am eagerly awaiting official confirmation.

SoCalDisneyLover

Just watch, once the restrictions are lifted, 90% of the people won't be wearing masks.

The allowance of removing your mask is based on the "honor" system, and that you've been fully vaccinated.

The reality is that somewhere between 40-60% will actually be fully vaccinated, not 90%, and the remaining unvaccinated percentage will likely be the ones not wearing masks.

The cool part is they'll primarily be the ones amongst which the virus will circulate, hospitalize and kill. Hopefully a variant won't come around that negates the effectiveness of the vaccines, otherwise you'll see the CDC revise their guidelines so that masks become required nationwide once again.

AJFireman

Interesting in this KABC News article that it specifically says Disneyland will keep masking past June 15. Not sure if its just lack of official comments from Disneyland or why they decided to include this info but no other Theme Park. They generally are pretty on top of things with Disneyland because they are affiliated with the Walt Disney Company. Maybe because they know if they say something regarding removing the mask policy after a certain date that tomorrow there be people fighting with CM. It seemed even after WDW announced their Mask Policy changed and would change several days later that the next day they really lacked enforcement so it was immediate.

From the article linked below---
Disneyland: If you want to visit the most magical place on Earth, you're still going to need to mask up even after the June 15. The only thing that will change after California's reopening is that the capacity limits at Disneyland and Disneyland California Adventure will be lifted.

mickEblu

Certainly possible that they hold on to that nugget until 9:05 pm PDT 6/14 lol

What is this conflicting but if info from ABC...

81774C74-1BEF-49D0-8343-32CCF5396E94.jpeg

ToTBellHop

Interesting in this KABC News article that it specifically says Disneyland will keep masking past June 15. Not sure if its just lack of official comments from Disneyland or why they decided to include this info but no other Theme Park. They generally are pretty on top of things with Disneyland because they are affiliated with the Walt Disney Company. Maybe because they know if they say something regarding removing the mask policy after a certain date that tomorrow there be people fighting with CM. It seemed even after WDW announced their Mask Policy changed and would change several days later that the next day they really lacked enforcement so it was immediate.

From the article linked below---
Disneyland: If you want to visit the most magical place on Earth, you're still going to need to mask up even after the June 15. The only thing that will change after California's reopening is that the capacity limits at Disneyland and Disneyland California Adventure will be lifted.

What is this conflicting but if info from ABC...

View attachment 562992
What else can they say right now? WDW said nothing until the night before the change.

Meanwhile, MiceChat says the masks are leaving. They are rather well-connected with DL matters.

milordsloth

Nearing the end of my 3rd day at the parks and successfully rode both Rise and webslingsers all 3 days. I also just rode radiator springs racers and the app said 70min but it only took 35 min. In general the parks seemed more crowded today than the last 2 days. Overall this trip has been fantastic. My only very minor complaint is not being able to bring beers into lines at DCA.

Tomorrow I go to knotts, then Friday at Universal, then back to real life.

AJFireman

What else can they say right now? WDW said nothing until the night before the change.

Meanwhile, MiceChat says the masks are leaving. They are rather well-connected with DL matters.
I read the MiceChat article from today and its all opinions and personal interpretation from the info released today by the state. The writer never states they have heard rumors or anything forthcoming about Mask guidance after June 15th. They just state what Disneyland can do with the new regulations. The last part of the article even says the might continue requiring masks for some time and they are waiting to hear from Disney to make an announcement.

They didnt have to say anything in the article. Just found it odd to include and only make a remark about Disneyland.

Curious Constance

I’m sure Disney is busy scrambling to come up with a new plan regarding masks post 6-15 as we speak. So for anyone to say they know what the deal will be come June 15th seems silly. ABC affiliate or not.

ToTBellHop

They could just not say anything especially if that’s wrong info or they just don’t know.

I read the MiceChat article from today and its all opinions and personal interpretation from the info released today by the state. The writer never states they have heard rumors or anything forthcoming about Mask guidance after June 15th. They just state what Disneyland can do with the new regulations. The last part of the article even says the might continue requiring masks for some time and they are waiting to hear from Disney to make an announcement.

They didnt have to say anything in the article. Just found it odd to include and only make a remark about Disneyland.

I’m sure Disney is busy scrambling to come up with a new plan regarding masks post 6-15 as we speak. So for anyone to say they know what the deal will be come June 15th seems silly. ABC affiliate or not.
Sure, and what they wrote has a typo, so it is hardly expert journalism. Regardless, the guidance clearly allows masks to go away outdoors, the CEO wants that outdoor mandate gone, and they did it as quickly as possible at WDW. That will happen here, too. They’ll announce when they are ready. If they are still negotiating with the union, those negotiations would not be in good faith if they said anything other than “we have no changes to announce” to their affiliate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom