Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

el_super

Autopia needs to do away with their gas-powered vehicles and actually step into the future with electric cars. There is nothing futuristic about breathing in exhaust fumes. Unless that's the aesthetic they're going for ;)

It's kind of a sad commentary on the future we are in, that the technology to do this, at the scale required for Autopia, just isn't there yet.

PiratesMansion

Autopia needs to do away with their gas-powered vehicles and actually step into the future with electric cars. There is nothing futuristic about breathing in exhaust fumes. Unless that's the aesthetic they're going for ;)
Not bringing over the electric cars that previously operated on Hong Kong Disneyland's beautiful-but-now-defunct Autopia was a missed opportunity.

Stevek

Yep, electric cars would be just fine. I'm just not sure how economical it is for them to upgrade.

fctiger

Not bringing over the electric cars that previously operated on Hong Kong Disneyland's beautiful-but-now-defunct Autopia was a missed opportunity.

What they really need to do is dump the Autopia all together like HKDL did. Besides the fact it's vey much oudated for a 'Tomorrowland ride' it just takes up too much space for a park that desperately needs it.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

What would be awesome (but probably logistically impossible), is if they moved the Nemo subs to the Pixar Pier lagoon and gave us an IP-free attraction in Tomorrowland. Something like Seabase Alpha from The Living Seas.
I don't think there is enough room for the ride itself with the world of color and coaster stuff already in the water.

PiratesMansion

What they really need to do is dump the Autopia all together like HKDL did. Besides the fact it's vey much oudated for a 'Tomorrowland ride' it just takes up too much space for a park that desperately needs it.
I'm fine with them keeping DL's Autopia. It's not earth-shattering, but it's still pretty decent for a car ride.

And Hong Kong's was really nice! The only ones that have ever been terrible are the WDW version and its now-defunct clone at TDL.

And I don't trust Disney to utilize that space effectively enough (and bordering on not trusting them to create a new ride good enough) to justify the destruction of Autopia, the subs, and the monorail.

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Its time for some major changes either get rid of Autopia or you trim it to be smaller and get electric cars that way you can free up space and put in some new attractions and still keep autopia. the lagoon can go too.

ToTBellHop

Wow! What a breath of fresh air to see a current thread evolve into debate about the subs and Autopia. One step closer to normalcy, indeed.
“...”

”mutter mutter”

”...too expensive...”

”...I love PtN!...”

”...small world with characters is trash!...”

”...Matterhorn hurt my back!...”

”...I hate PtN!...”

”...Pixar Pier...ROAR!...#!!@#”

Just skipping ahead.

Disney Analyst

I have always been down for a complete Autopia/Subs removal.

That space could be better utilized and organized. You could even probably fit in a smaller version after demolishing, put it in a highly themed indoor space, all electric.

PiratesMansion

I have always been down for a complete Autopia/Subs removal.

That space could be better utilized and organized. You could even probably fit in a smaller version after demolishing, put it in a highly themed indoor space, all electric.
I 100% agree that it could be better utilized.

But I 100% do not believe that the modern Disney company is capable of doing that.

fctiger

I'm fine with them keeping DL's Autopia. It's not earth-shattering, but it's still pretty decent for a car ride.

And Hong Kong's was really nice! The only ones that have ever been terrible are the WDW version and its now-defunct clone at TDL.

And I don't trust Disney to utilize that space effectively enough (and bordering on not trusting them to create a new ride good enough) to justify the destruction of Autopia, the subs, and the monorail.

I liked the Hong Kong Autopia as well. I actually rode it several times, but it just felt like it came waaaay too late and fortunately they agreed.

Since I'm one of the few people who hasn't had many issues with all the new additions happening I can honestly say I would have no issues knocking down the Autopia and Submarines for ANY of the new lands planned. Clearly all of them couldn't come to DL anyway, but I would be fine for pretty much any replacement. I know I'm going to say something that will probably get me banned here, but I would happily take any of the Frozen lands they are building in Hong Kong and Paris to take its place....and I never been in love with any of those movies!

But putting a Frozen land there would just be a no-brainer, although I would prefer just a bigger extension of TL as the most ideal of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom