Disneyland New "Flex" Annual Pass

Stevek

Original Poster
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/05/...ll-out-ahead-of-star-wars-galaxys-edge-debut/

https://www.micechat.com/224305-everything-you-need-to-know-about-disneylands-new-flex-passport/

https://www.mouseplanet.com/12377/Details_of_the_new_Disney_Flex_Passport

$600
Monthly Payments for CA residents
Good to go days, can visit with no restrictions
Other days require advanced reservations
Same number of blockout days as $1149 Signature Pass

Stevek

Original Poster
It will be interesting to see how Disney manages folks that make reservations and don't show...I can see a whole load of APs reserving as many days as possible, clogging it up and potentially not showing up to the park.

Edit, from Mouseplanet:
Passholders must also use the website or app to cancel reservations prior to midnight the day before their visit, or incur a no-show penalty. The first no-show is free, after the second you'll possibly get a warning, and after the third Disney will cancel any future reservations and suspend your ability to make new reservations for a period.

Phroobar

So if I'm blocked during the summer, I can make a reservation for everyday in the summer and cancel it the day before if I don't go?

DLR>WDW

I believe this is definitely the future for Disneyland APs, whether you like it or not. It gives Disney a very accurate look at upcoming attendance, combining the AP reservations + date specific tickets bought online. I could imagine Disney dropping all of their current pass lineup, except the Signature (combining it with the Signature Plus and finding a price in between the two), and only having this pass, with different tiers that give certain perks when it comes to reservation priority or amount of dates you can have booked at a single time.

Sadly, this’ll bring an end to slow-season as we know it. Crowds spread out across the entire year and never a day in which AP visitor levels are low.

EDIT: Hastin sums it up perfectly:

Last edited:

fctiger

I think this is a great idea. We are thinking to renew our Signature passes in July but not sure if we want to pay that amount of money again seeing as we only go about a half dozen times a year and live only 30 mins away. We were going to just decide on how much we liked GE. If we like it enough during our reservation in June we may consider it, but if not, might just take a break.

But this is very appealing for people like us, who don't go more than once a month tops as it is and usually plan it a week or two in advance. WHen I was younger I use to decide on the day to go, but thats becoming more rare anyway. It would suck though if we did decide on a spare the moment trip but the reservations are blocked up. But for nearly half of what we are paying now, it may not be the end of the world either. And I like the fact the only time the pass is actually blocked out is Christmas, so you have literally all year to get in the park. Most people will probably go as much as they want if they are strategic enough about it.

This may be the future APs too and eventually it becomes a reservation system minus the top pass. This is Disney's way of having it cake and eating it too by keeping all the APs but being able to control the crowds better.

mickEblu

What remains to be seen is how difficult it will be to obtain reservations on highly desirable days like Saturdays. Anyway it’s kind of a no brainer to upgrade to this pass from my So Cal Select and have access to Signature level days while paying So Cal prices. I didn’t renew my Signature last year because I just didn’t see the value anymore when weighing the prices against the typical crowded , exhausting visit. At $600 with practically no blackout days i definitely see the value. There is also the added benefit that this may lower crowds now that you have to make reservations in advance. Of course, this is assuming that many Signature and Deluxe APs will make the switch to the flex pass. Which if you’re like me and go 12-15 times a year and always plan out our your visits, I don’t see why you wouldn’t when you consider the savings. The real win would be if local APs who visit the park on a whim multiple times a week/ month switch to this pass.

Anyway who am I kidding? Trips are still going to be exhausting and Disneyland will still be crowded. I’ll just be paying less for it.

mickEblu

I believe this is definitely the future for Disneyland APs, whether you like it or not. It gives Disney a very accurate look at upcoming attendance, combining the AP reservations + date specific tickets bought online. I could imagine Disney dropping all of their current pass lineup, except the Signature (combining it with the Signature Plus and finding a price in between the two), and only having this pass, with different tiers that give certain perks when it comes to reservation priority or amount of dates you can have booked at a single time.

Sadly, this’ll bring an end to slow-season as we know it. Crowds spread out across the entire year and never a day in which AP visitor levels are low.

EDIT: Hastin sums it up perfectly:

I agree with most of what you said but there’s a slow season?

Travel Junkie

This feels like a win win. It makes things slightly more affordable for many while giving them flexibility instead of firm blockout dates. Disney has more data about how many people to expect on a day while also being able to limit (through reservations) how many AP's are in the park on a day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom