Disneyland New "Flex" Annual Pass

SuddenStorm

Before I get excited about this, I'm gonna need WAY more information about how the reservations are gonna work. I could see it being really irritating and messy for most AP holders.

What I want is a pass that's Disneyland park only. Give me a pass with limited blackout dates that's only good at Disneyland at a cheaper rate than the normal Signature pass. I hate paying for the superfluous DCA add on I never actually use.

Heck, make all passes park specific. You want access to Disneyland? That's $1000. You want access to DCA? That's $500. Though Disney will never actually do this since most people don't care about spending more than a few hours inside DCA.

gsrjedi

• If you have 2 reservations during a 30-day window, you’ll have the opportunity to make another once your first reservation date has passed or if you cancel an existing reservation.

From Disney’s page on Flex Pass. So I wonder how early reservation spots will fill up. To me that reads like if I went on July 1st and 2nd, I could make a reservation for the 3rd if they’re available on the 2nd

mickEblu

So from what I gather it seems the “good to go” days are parkhopper days.

I’m wondering if you are able to create a parkhopper on a double park reservation required day by using both of the available reservations simultaneously? Or maybe that’s not possible and 2 active reservations need to be on different days?

How’s that for confusing @TP2000 ?

mickEblu

It all just makes my head hurt.

In 15 minutes it will be six o'clock, and I am going to make a martini and take two aspirin and pretend the most advance planning needed for a day at Disneyland is counting the leftover E Tickets in the shoebox on top of the fridge.

You remind me of my Dad who I went to Disneyland with last week and couldn’t stop talking about he used to park right in front of Disneyland and walk in. Simpler times.

DanielBB8

The Flex pass is a great compromise for over utilized AP system. I’ll buy it next year. Only issue is whether it will be sold out like the Southern California Annual Pass. Will the old pass ever return?

socalifornian

What remains to be seen is how difficult it will be to obtain reservations on highly desirable days like Saturdays. Anyway it’s kind of a no brainer to upgrade to this pass from my So Cal Select and have access to Signature level days while paying So Cal prices. I didn’t renew my Signature last year because I just didn’t see the value anymore when weighing the prices against the typical crowded , exhausting visit. At $600 with practically no blackout days i definitely see the value. There is also the added benefit that this may lower crowds now that you have to make reservations in advance. Of course, this is assuming that many Signature and Deluxe APs will make the switch to the flex pass. Which if you’re like me and go 12-15 times a year and always plan out our your visits, I don’t see why you wouldn’t when you consider the savings. The real win would be if local APs who visit the park on a whim multiple times a week/ month switch to this pass.

Anyway who am I kidding? Trips are still going to be exhausting and Disneyland will still be crowded. I’ll just be paying less for it.
When I first upgraded from SoCal to the $779 Premium, I made sure to write everything down so that I knew I was getting my moneys worth

Disneyland Resort Rides Ridden Grand Total: 607

Number of visits: 34

2015 Visits: 9, 98 Rides
2014 Visits: 25, 509 Rides

Once signature broke the four digit ceiling they finally got to me. No more trying to accomplish as much as possible on any given trip. No more trying to go as much as possible. Those higher price points are just a viscious cycle for my want of value that I’ve watched diminish year over year

mickEblu

Those higher price points are just a viscious cycle for my want of value that I’ve watched diminish year over year.

This is true. However, it depends on your reasoning for buying a Signature pass. My reasoning wasn’t to go MORE (although that did happen like you said), it was with the hope that with lower tiers blocked out that the quality of each visit would be increased. And for Saturday’s of course. What I came to find out was I more or less could cherry pick the same amount of desirable less crowded days to visit DL with the So Cal Select as I could with the Signature for 1/3 the price and many of them overlapped, meaning most of them are available to So Cal Selects. I’ve had every AP at this point except the Deluxe (which never made sense for only two people when you factored in parking). I came to find out those Saturdays werent as good as I thought they’d be. With Disney changing the AP program every year what is true one year can be very different the next.

This flex pass is a no brainer for my wife and I who plan our visits 90% of the time. They re also at a price point where I not only see the value but I can avoid the subconscious urge to “get my money’s worth.” Which is what you were getting at above.

socalifornian

This is true. However, it depends on your reasoning for buying a Signature pass. My reasoning wasn’t to go MORE (although that did happen like you said), it was with the hope that with lower tiers blocked out that the quality of each visit would be increased. And for Saturday’s of course. What I came to find out was I more or less could cherry pick the same amount of desirable less crowded days to visit DL with the So Cal Select as I could with the Signature for 1/3 the price and many of them overlapped, meaning most of them are available to So Cal Selects. I’ve had every AP at this point except the Deluxe (which never made sense for only two people when you factored in parking). I came to find out those Saturdays werent as good as I thought they’d be. With Disney changing the AP program every year what is true one year can be very different the next.

This flex pass is a no brainer for my wife and I who plan our visits 90% of the time. They re also at a price point where I not only see the value but I can avoid the subconscious urge to “get my money’s worth.” Which is what you were getting at above.
That’s true. My groups original reasoning was for summer and Saturdays. The idea of upping our daily ride/attraction counts started off as a game, then became ‘twisted’

socalifornian

Whoa I don’t think I really paid enough attention to that ride count. 25 visits, 509 rides!?
Yup just following Walt’s Four Keys 🤣 specifically the last one at the expense of being mechanical after a while. Almost no eating and definitely no sitting or legit walking until after Disneyland closed for the night. Never ran
833EE374-801C-4A2F-9426-9F1BACC17E4E.jpeg

mickEblu

This flex pass seems like a great value when you compare it to the other passes.... until you ask, “do I really want or need to go Disneyland more once or twice a year? I’ll admit they have me hook, line and sinker. I didn’t renew my Signature pass last November because I had enough. All It took was 3.5 months, my son asking me about DL (a considerable amount of times) and my sister having my nephews birthday at DL to justify buying the 3 day So Cal Pass. Next thing you know I’m upgrading to the So Cal Select because, well.. why not? Ive already paid almost half of two So Cal Select APs and my son is about to hit 40 inches and I want to see Star Wars Land. And now here I am about to call Disney and upgrade to the flex pass for the extra value and so I have the option of seeing SWL sooner.

I hate that they have me like this. Especially because I leave there feeling exhausted and “dirty” almost every time. Almost like I know I’m treating the place as a vice that I spend too much money and time on that is pretty much giving me nothing or very little in return.

With that said I’ll probably be calling to upgrade to the flex pass? What do you call this problem? Any psychologists in the house?

Last edited:

socalifornian

This flex pass seems like a great value when you compare it to the other passes.... until you ask, “do I really want or need to go Disneyland more once or twice a year? I’ll admit they have me hook, line and sinker. I didn’t renew my Signature pass last November because I had enough. All It took was 3.5 months, my son asking me about DL (a considerable amount of times) and my sister having my nephews birthday at DL to justify buying the 3 day So Cal Pass. Next thing you know I’m upgrading to the So Cal Select because, well.. why not? Ive already paid almost half of two So Cal Select APs and my son is about to hit 40 inches and I want to see Star Wars Land. And now here I am about to call Disney and upgrade to the flex pass for the extra value and so I have the option of seeing SWL sooner.

I hate that they have me like this. Especially because I leave their feeling exhausted and “dirty” almost every time. Almost like I know I’m treating the place as a vice that I spend too much money and time on that is pretty much giving me nothing or very little in return.

With that said I’ll probably be calling to upgrade to the flex pass? What do you call this problem? Any psychologists in the house?
For me everything’s just been an elaborate coping mechanism to fight the post CP “Disney Blues,” as the phrase goes, that lasted far too long. You’re a true CM at heart haha probably goes for everyone here

Phroobar

You know you should stop going when the kids would rather do their homework than go to Disneyland. When it becomes a punishment and your mad when you leave, it's a good time to stop for a few years. People find a good thing and they ruin it by using it too much. We should use all things in moderation. Disneyland can be an addiction just like food, drugs or sex.

drizgirl

This is not a good thing for the park crowds. This is way too underpriced and the fact that this is opening with Star Wars Land is a terrible idea.

When the SoCal was brought back it made the parks nightmares every friday and sunday.

As a Signature Pass holder I can say that days when the other passes are blocked out are the only reasonable days for crowds.

What the Flex pass does is allow people to fill in these days for half the price a Signature Passholder would pay.

The fact that many here are saying what a good value this has shows how many will want this, it is too good a deal. This means the parks will be insanely packed now the entire week.

Sounds to me that Disney wants the publicity of having the parks at capacity every day so some executive can show off the ROI for Galaxy’s Edge. Most passholders only visit 10 times so it is clear this is a way to boost attendance.

As someone who paid the premium to get a nice pass and only visits once a month it’s hard not to feel screwed, especially when my only saving grace was less crowded days.
Spot on.

drizgirl

This is not a good thing for the park crowds. This is way too underpriced and the fact that this is opening with Star Wars Land is a terrible idea.

When the SoCal was brought back it made the parks nightmares every friday and sunday.

As a Signature Pass holder I can say that days when the other passes are blocked out are the only reasonable days for crowds.

What the Flex pass does is allow people to fill in these days for half the price a Signature Passholder would pay.

The fact that many here are saying what a good value this has shows how many will want this, it is too good a deal. This means the parks will be insanely packed now the entire week.

Sounds to me that Disney wants the publicity of having the parks at capacity every day so some executive can show off the ROI for Galaxy’s Edge. Most passholders only visit 10 times so it is clear this is a way to boost attendance.

As someone who paid the premium to get a nice pass and only visits once a month it’s hard not to feel screwed, especially when my only saving grace was less crowded days.
It's also hard not to feel screwed as an occasional tourist who spends a large portion of that cost for just 5 days.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Good. Disneyland is a lose-lose right now. It's either crushing crowds on the weekends or limited hours and closed attractions midweek. It makes the whole experience pretty crappy for a non-local guest visiting for a week of vacation. Most non-locals fly on the weekends and want to do the parks midweek, but they're keeping attractions closed due to low crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom