Disneyland - my second trip PHOTO report

Magic Maker

Original Poster
I am much too tired to type a full report.

I am so excited that I actually made it to Disneyland again for the 50th. It is amazing that I even made it out there once. We spent 3.5 days at the parks and 1.5 days with Frank's family. I expereinced my first migrane, oh my God, it was terrible. The fireworks were breathtaking, the last time we saw them we did not have a good view. All three parades were great, we missed them all last time. I love Parade of Dreams, I wish MK here at WDW would get a prade close to that calaber.
I think that is it for now.

CLICK ON THE LINK TO VIEW THE PHOTOS.
I put them in chronological order.
IT IS SUPER FUN IF YOU CLICK "VIEW SLIDESHOW" which is to the right of the page when you open it.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/danidennison/album?.dir=c0fdre2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/danidennison/my_photos

Magic Maker

Original Poster
We flew out on Saturday, Southwest, you can tell a big difference between the morning crew and the afternoon crew. But it was pleasant. We got a rental car, a PT Cruiser. It was a fun car to have for California. Our hotel was the Portofino Inn and Suites, one block from Disneyland. It was much better than the Ramanda Inn Maingate that we stayed in last time. The lobby was bright and cheerful, the hallways were well lit, our room was rather large. It was hard to get a good night's sleep though because the bed was not comfortable at all.
We made it out to the parks around 4pm. Gosh, all the locals come out on the weekend, it was busy. We didn't bother with any rides, we walked around both parks, taking it all in and taking pictures. We watched Remember... Dreams Come True, in front of the Candy Shop. The effects worked well at this spot. We did not have a view of the Matterhorn, but I think the perimeter effects were worth it.

Magic Maker

Original Poster
I guess no one is replying since I did not post a actual report. We did so much it is hard for me to actually sit down and write it all. I figured the pics would be best.

Of course I ordered them to be printed at Target and they had no idea what I was talking about when I showed up there.

Magic Maker

Original Poster
Thanks... we didn't get to eat at Club 33 like we did last time. But hey, I was just happy that I actually got to go back before the 50th ended.

I would also like to add that the Golden Vine Winery is very nice. You get a full glass of wine instead of just a sample, which is about the only option at WDW Epcot.

stranger

Magic Maker said:
We made it out to the parks around 4pm. Gosh, all the locals come out on the weekend, it was busy. We didn't bother with any rides, we walked around both parks, taking it all in and taking pictures.

Niiice pics! I’ve been to DL and DCA so many times and I have yet to try the wine tasting.
It’s not just the rides that make Disneyland special! It’s the little things! You can tell from your pictures that you had a real good time! Thanks for sharing. :)

WDW Kip

Great pics. I'll be heading down for my first trip ever in July, and it was nice to get a feel for what the park looks like.

TP2000

What a great slide show! It looks like you had a blast.

And yes, Saturdays are always busy at Disneyland, regardless of the time of year or how slow the previous weekdays may have been. There are now 20 Million people living in SoCal, all within an hour or two freeway drive of Disneyland. Just Orange County alone, the smallest SoCal county, has 3.5 Million all within 30 minutes of Disneyland. SoCal is one of the largest and most densely populated metropolitan areas in the world. There are three other major theme parks in the area, and endless other recreational activities, but Disneyland is the top dog and the locals come out in force on Saturday! :eek: But then it's Disneyland, so you can't really blame them.

The good news is that you picked a great week. The 2Fer offers was over, so they were no longer busy enough to shut the turnstiles at both parks. The weather was typical May Grey with that beach fog that never really burns off in Anaheim; bad for pictures but great for sightseeing. And to top it all off, you got to an In N' Out!

cherrynegra

Thanks for posting the pics!! Looks like you guys had fun!! I was just there two weeks ago. I agree that Parade of Dreams is the best parade.

And in response to the previous poster, Blue Bayou was closed along with Pirates due to the refurbishment.

Magic Maker

Original Poster
That is an awesome avatar CherryNegra, why was Mickey in San Francisco?

My Dear PencilTest, Blue Bayaou was closed, but Royal St Vernada was open, yummy chowder and gumbo, yes I know, I know, but they did have a vegetarian version so there!

I love that I came home and the next day we went to the Poly and MK with Frank's son Kobe. How awesome is it to come back from vacation and hit WDW.

cherrynegra

Magic Maker said:
That is an awesome avatar CherryNegra, why was Mickey in San Francisco?

Mickey and the 50th Anniversary balloon were in town during their national tour and they were posted on the Marina with the bridge in the background. I actually took one of the pics and used it as my avatar.:eek:

Mickey Balloon

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Very nice pictures Dani, and sounds like a great trip.
Thanks for sharing.

I particularly liked the last one of the castle...you framed it really well!

Magic Maker

Original Poster
Funny, wish I could take credit for that one.

Frank actually took that one, and he snapped it real fast. I'm the one who took photo classes, not him! :)

I am now working on my scrapbook, YAY!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom