News Disneyland modifies mask policy - UPDATE 7/28/21

Californian Elitist

So I saw an article on the park, which showed that almost everyone there was maskless. I sure hope they did prove that they were vaccinated because few people, if anyone, wore masks and it was packed, almost like it was March 1, 2020 all over again.
I can almost guarantee that there were plenty of people who attested to being COVID-19 vaccinated and actually aren’t. Disney’s not checking, so of course the parks will have liars without masks.

Stevek

I can almost guarantee that there were plenty of people who attested to being COVID-19 vaccinated and actually aren’t. Disney’s not checking, so of course the parks will have liars without masks.
Literally anyplace you go will very likely have non-vaccinated people without masks. It's too much to ask people to do the right thing as we've already seen.

SoCalDisneyLover

If it should come that those who did not when a mask when they visited Disneyland and end up dying as a result, unlikely as that is given the minuscule death rate of the virus and the increasingly better treatment available, ultimately that was their decision, just as it is my decision to eat nothing but hamburgers and soda if I want to. Is it healthy? No, but it’s my body and I may do with it as I want to. If somebody is afraid of catching Covid, they should have gotten the vaccine by now. If they’re not afraid of catching Covid, it’s a free country and they may live their life as they see fit, even if it hurts them in the long run.
Please explain to me how your eating hamburgers and drinking soda, is EVER going to impact my life in any way? Will it cause you to spread heart disease amongst others you may breathe on?

And while I understand that the death rate is much lower now than it was in 2020, I've been hearing about that "Minuscule" death rate BS since the beginning. The fact it's killed over 600,000 in about 15 months proves that minuscule is still an enormous amount of human beings. And as a decent person, I also don't care whether they had pre-existing conditions which contributed, or that they were older. Those factors shouldn't be an immediate death sentence, but for contracting this virus.

And it's no different from smoking. I couldn't care less if you sit at home, or in your car, and smoke 10 packs a day. Yeah.....that's your FREEDUMB, and it won't impact me. But I do object if you're doing it next to me at Disneyland. And guess what? It's not allowed, and will get you thrown out of the park. It infringes upon my health. If you want to sit on a bench eating a Tomorrowland burger and drinking Coke all day, go wild! You're absolutely correct that it shouldn't bother me, and it won't.

ToTBellHop

Isn't there a chance, therefore, that COVID could again spread? I don't think Disney wants that kind of negative publicity.
Covid never stopped spreading and is spreading slowly now due to vaccination. There will be no such publicity since Disney has adopted the same policy as everyone else. The ship has sailed, we are all on board, and hopefully it doesn’t sink in the fall. Summer will be fine, regardless.

Rate of vaccination has actually increased recently, so that’s good. About 33% higher than 2 weeks ago.

Wendy Pleakley

Approximately 1 in 555 Americans have died of COVID. Is that miniscule?

It's been reported that unvaccinated people are at a higher risk than ever of catching COVID because the total numbers of new cases only applies to that smaller demographic.

If everyone who could had just gotten vaccinated like the sensible people have, there wouldn't be much concern over how many people are lying and what impact variants might have.

The opportunity to get to herd immunity levels was there, something most other countries can't say, yet the issue persists...

Stevek

It's been reported that unvaccinated people are at a higher risk than ever of catching COVID because the total numbers of new cases only applies to that smaller demographic.

If everyone who could had just gotten vaccinated like the sensible people have, there wouldn't be much concern over how many people are lying and what impact variants might have.

The opportunity to get to herd immunity levels was there, something most other countries can't say, yet the issue persists...
Even people that have had Covid should be vaccinated. There's this fallacy that they won't get it again, though there appears to be some immunity for an unknown time period post infection.

Wendy Pleakley

Even people that have had Covid should be vaccinated. There's this fallacy that they won't get it again, though there appears to be some immunity for an unknown time period post infection.

Yep. I posted that here or somewhere with a direct link to the CDC saying as much. Several people dismissed or mocked that information.

Yet, some people still include people who have recovered as part of the "vaccinated" numbers, to justify lifting of restrictions even when vaccine rates aren't where they ought to be.

Tamandua

If you're vaccinated, how does a maskless person impact your life in any way?

The Covid-19 vaccine has been available to everybody in CA for over two months now. Anybody who truly cares about contracting Covid would already have received the vaccine. The only people left unvaccinated are those with medical conditions that prevent them from doing so (which, I imagine, must be miniscule) and those who are not concerned about Covid-19.
Some people live for forcing other people to do what they don't want to do. They'll have you believe that healthy people are a threat to other healthy, vaccinated people, and they will lash out with self-righteous indignation at anyone who doesn't do everything they tell them to. I'm done indulging these people, and I'm done letting people tell me what to do on the assumption that I've been a threat to the entire world for the last 15 months straight. These people are the irrational ones. We've been forced to follow their lead for 15 months and still about a tenth of the population got covid (actual numbers likely much higher) and 60,000+ people died "from covid" (95% of those deaths included other major contributing factors). Clearly the radical covid extremists should be considered a failure even by their own standards.

Tamandua

When the vast majority of covid deaths are people over 60 and it's 1 out 555 people over a 15 month period... Then no... That doesn't sound shocking to me. Many of the older people, especially with health issues, likely would have died during that period anyways. This is a manipulative statistic. In a local retirement home here, I think they had 4 people die from "from covid". They were in their 80s and 90s, and as a percentage of the residents that passed away during that length of time, it wouldn't have been uncommon to have that many people pass away without covid. People die when they get old. Saying that a lot of people in an age group that tends to die... Died... Should not be surprising.

Tamandua

When the vast majority of covid deaths are people over 60 and it's 1 out 555 people over a 15 month period... Then no... That doesn't sound shocking to me. Many of the older people, especially with health issues, likely would have died during that period anyways. This is a manipulative statistic. In a local retirement home here, I think they had 4 people die from "from covid". They were in their 80s and 90s, and as a percentage of the residents that passed away during that length of time, it wouldn't have been uncommon to have that many people pass away without covid. People die when they get old. Saying that a lot of people in an age group that tends to die... Died... Should not be surprising.
Just a few more statistics for perspective. Based on data from 2018, about 1 out of 138 people die in the US every year. So during a period 25% longer during a pandemic, only about a fourth of the annual number of deaths have been attributable to covid, and as I said, about 95% with significant comorbidities.

Edit: I realized that the 1 out of 138 statistic is an age adjusted number. The actual number is closer to 1 out of 115, so the covid deaths would represent an even smaller percentage of the number of deaths that occur in a given year.

Last edited:

TP2000

So are cast-members allowed to take their masks off today?

I would think so. The Governor's order was effective at midnight.

I have a fabulous butcher who keeps me fed with his best steaks and chops, and he is always fun to chat with. He had no mask on today at Ralph's Fresh Fare, and it was the first time I'd seen his face in over a year.

I told him how great he looked without his mask and he said "Thanks. My wife said I look better with the mask on." 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom