News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

CaptainAmerica

Just going off what we've seen with the AP program in Florida, and the Main Entrance Pass, they absolutely will run out of reservations and it will be hard to obtain the days people want to go. Which could be a problem again for those people expecting to go every week. If you buy an expensive pass just to go on Saturday nights, and then find out you can only snag reservations for those highly coveted nights by being up at 3AM exactly 90 days out, well, there will be complaints.
We've only had Park Pass during a capacity-restricted COVID environment.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Just going off what we've seen with the AP program in Florida, and the Main Entrance Pass, they absolutely will run out of reservations and it will be hard to obtain the days people want to go. Which could be a problem again for those people expecting to go every week. If you buy an expensive pass just to go on Saturday nights, and then find out you can only snag reservations for those highly coveted nights by being up at 3AM exactly 90 days out, well, there will be complaints.
I guess we’ll see. The parks already are only selling out the day before if at all. I could see Saturdays selling out regularly (maybe? I guess the blackout dates will dictate some of that) but I really have trouble believing that the $1300 bucket will ever have much trouble reserving whatever they want whenever they want

CaptainAmerica

I guess we’ll see. The parks already are only selling out the day before if at all. I could see Saturdays selling out regularly (maybe? I guess the blackout dates will dictate some of that) but I really have trouble believing that the $1300 bucket will ever have much trouble reserving whatever they want whenever they want
If they're actually booking at 90 days, sure. But if they're booking at 90 days, they're essentially limiting their own clicks to 24.

hopemax

Here's what has come Mike's way -

"Dream Key – $1399
The Dream Key is the highest tier and the only tier that includes parking. In addition, the Dream Key will include 6 reservations at a time, booked 90 days in advance. There will be 20% off of merchandise in this tier and 15% off select food and beverages. There will be no block out dates for the Dream Key, but reservations may be unavailable based on crowds and reservations are required for entry.

Believe Key – $949
The Believe Key is the second-highest tier and includes 50% off of theme park parking. The Believe Key will include 10% off of merchandise and 10% off of select food and beverages. The Believe Key will include 6 reservations at a time. There will be blockout dates on some days of the year.

Enchant Key – $699
The Enchant Key is the second-lowest tier and includes up to four theme park reservations at a time. The Enchant Key will include 10% off of food, beverages, and merchandise. There will be more blockouts than the Believe Key.

Imagine Key – $399
The Imagine Key is the lowest tier pass and will allow Magic Key holders to hold up to 2 theme park reservations at a time. Just like the Enchnant and Imagine Keys, the Imagine Key will include 10% discounts.

All tiers will be required to make theme park reservations, which can be made up to 90 days in advance."

This makes way more sense to me than those use limits rumors. I know far too many out of area APs that would visit 2-5 times a year, for multiple days. There would be no way to make that work if people were limited to 1 or 2 days per month, with no rollover. Disney would really have to be cutting off their nose to spite their face to want to push that.

This is more what I expected. Use the reservation system and blockout dates to prevent 1 million APs all showing up on the first week for new attractions or events. Limit the amount of people that could all decide to come on a specific day, for a merchandise release.

If it was use limits, only 1-4 times per month, that would have made the situation worse not better because everyone would time it to maximum benefit like an event or merchandise release. A plain ol day, when they would want APs, would be the least likely to attract them.

Snoballego

Now is the time for Disney to be greedy. Put out a “charter club” premium annual everyday pass at $4,995 and truly measure the demand. No downside. You can always offer lower cost packages later.

In my opinion, Disneyland’s biggest issue is that they had families paying $800 a night to stay at Grand Californian that would go 0-3 in trying to get a RotR Boarding Pass because local AP’s would scoop that up each morning for sport.

They do need to make sure there is a premium experience that guarantees access to the desired E-Tickets.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not if you're booking 90 days in advance.

If it's today, and you go book 6 days around Halloween, you've essentially blocked yourself out of August, September, and early October.

Why would i book all my spots at once and hinder myself?

Book this weekend and next... that's 4.
Use the first weekend, then book the weekend that is 2 weeks away.. back to 4 reservations.

The only reason to book all 6 at once is if capacity limits get extreme and scarcity is a problem. But again, as soon as I use a slot, I have another slot open to book.

The rumor so far is 'X at once' - not 'X per period'

Even the lower tiers which are '2 at a time' does not mean you could only go twice for the year. It means 2 future reservations.

ETA: if 'reservation' is per day... Disney is really capping APs from making extended trips with their passes. That's not a bright move... but maybe they have the data that says that audience is small.

DrAlice

Imagine Key – $399
The Imagine Key is the lowest tier pass and will allow Magic Key holders to hold up to 2 theme park reservations at a time. Just like the Enchnant and Imagine Keys, the Imagine Key will include 10% discounts.
I feel like I'm missing something key here. (see what I did there?)

Why would I buy this instead of just getting a multi-day ticket and use the discounts from my Disney Visa?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think you're vastly overestimating the amount of availability there will be for "next weekend."

Maybe... but we already have some data points with flex-pass... and it wasn't bad at all under that model.

Like most things... fitting in 1-2 is a lot easier than fitting in 4-5. Disney will also be dynamic.

hopemax

I feel like I'm missing something key here. (see what I did there?)

Why would I buy this instead of just getting a multi-day ticket and use the discounts from my Disney Visa?
This sounds like the "locals" pass to fill up the park when it's not busy. People who can decide on the fly to go, if there is a reservation available, but are only ever looking for "one day at a time." It's not a pass for vacationers

SplashGhost

I think what will really determine the worth of these passes is how easy it will be to make and modify reservations. If you have to know the exact days you are going 3 months in advance and there is no way to alter them afterwards then it would suck. I am not a planner, I hate planning, I like going when I feel like it. I don't want to have to be committed to going a certain day 3 months out when I have zero idea what the weather will be that day, or how I will feel that day. If it becomes easy to make last minute reservations on most days, then this won't be too bad.

Disstevefan1

Disney must be confident that this is not just simply pent up demand to visit a park that was completely shuttered for almost 14 months.
Disney is riding the pent up demand train. The only way to tell when it’s over is when demand starts to decline. At this time there is no end in sight. If or when they need to, Disney will change programs “In response to guests needs”.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm talking about the old Magic Kingdom Club discount program that started at Disneyland back in 1957 and ended in the early 2000s. It was the forerunner to the AP program that we know today. It was offered as a perk at a lot of companies back in the 60s-80s as a way for employees to get discounts to Disneyland.
Ok

yeah that was a great program with real savings

problem is: the ticket, food, everything prices have far outpaced inflation since.

a ticket in 2000 was $52.50 with tax and there was a massive drop each day added and they threw in park hopper/plus features/etc.

so a % off for ticket media kills any concept of an annual pass…you’d have to rack up thousands annually on just tickets to make a dent in the per day cost.

CaptainAmerica

I think what will really determine the worth of these passes is how easy it will be to make and modify reservations. If you have to know the exact days you are going 3 months in advance and there is no way to alter them afterwards then it would suck. I am not a planner, I hate planning, I like going when I feel like it. I don't want to have to be committed to going a certain day 3 months out when I have zero idea what the weather will be that day, or how I will feel that day. If it becomes easy to make last minute reservations on most days, then this won't be too bad.
I don't think you have anything to worry about on the modification side. That's super easy. Short-term availability will be the broader concern.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom