News Disneyland Magic Key Program

waltography

Labor Day weekend is all booked out, which is concerning for such a new program + two of four passes being blocked out this long weekend.

I'm not particularly stressing because I plan my visits out months in advance anyway, but this pass is almost certainly not for impromptu visitors anymore save for weekdays.

Stevek

I was at the resort after work yesterday and was able to hit up 5 rides each at each park including Rise of the Resistance. Incredicoaster was a walk on. I have not seen that there since 2001 when I worked. Weekdays are definitely the way to go. Park at Gardenwalk, spend 3-4 at the park and pay $9 for parking.
Daughter and I made spur of the moment trip last night to break in the new Keys. Arrived at 7, got a boarding pass for Spidey which unfortunately went to a backup group as it appeared they may have had some tech issues...bottom line, didn't get to ride. But, we did get on Soarin, Racers, Incredicoaster and Emotional Whirlwind, had some popcorn and a beer and then headed to DL around 8:30.

At Disneyland, rode Jungle Cruise, Indy, Pirates, Buzz and IASW. Also had dinner. Left the park around 11:20, Toy Story Bus immediate boarding and home by 12:15am.

Parks were very manageable but my advice, everyone should go Friday-Sunday so the weekdays stay light for folks like me with the Imagine key :p

SplashGhost

At this point, everything that Disney names sounds like a parody of Disney, "Snow White's Enchanted Wish," "Magic Key," "Lightening Lane,"--like, does anyone else experience second-hand embarrassment reading any of these? 😨

The Disney Parks are on their way to becoming parodies of themselves. It seems like Imagineering specializes in coming up with terrible names nowadays. It just makes the park feel more like a corporate monstrosity than it already is. At the rate things are going, I have to wonder how much of the charm that makes Disneyland good will remain after a few more years of Chapek's reign of terror.

Dear Prudence

The Disney Parks are on their way to becoming parodies of themselves. It seems like Imagineering specializes in coming up with terrible names nowadays. It just makes the park feel more like a corporate monstrosity than it already is. At the rate things are going, I have to wonder how much of the charm that makes Disneyland good will remain after a few more years of Chapek's reign of terror.
The expression "Magic Key" doesn't even make any sense!

Californian Elitist

I used to have a "Premier Pass". The wording on it made it clear it was a high tier pass. Got a fancy gold/white card for it too and Disney mailed us gold boxes thanking us for buying it with a special magnet.

This was just 2 years ago. Now to have a combo high end Disneyland/World Pass you would have a separate"Dream Key" with an "Incredi Pass". At least the old Disneyland and Disney World pass names sounded nice.

"Gold, Silver, Deluxe, Signature"

Imagine as a grown adult thousands of dollars for a "Pirate Pass" or "Incredipass".
Exactly. I know a lot of grown adults enjoy using the same rhetoric that Disney uses (especially “magical”), but issa no for me. Very corny and sometimes nauseating because Disney reuses the same five words every year.

Pirate Pass is my favorite of the lot. My goodness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom