Disneyland Madrid Resort 1985 - Vol. II

Evilgidgit

@Evilgidgit from across the pond;
Let there be ideas, from regions beyond!

Through the skies, and across the sea, to the WDW Magic forums, here I be.

Okay, so after wading through the many pages of madness, lovely photos, emoticons, the "Oui" contest, and imagination, I finally got here. There are a lot of interesting ideas for this park, though aren't we a little concerned that there might be too much going on here? I assume this will all link together thematically over time. Not sure about a Hollywood/cinema sci-fi area being right next to a Da Vinci-style Discoveryland.

I like the idea of an American Fantasyland, leaving out all of the usual suspects save Dumbo, but, again, how would all of these American IPs work together? For the European stories, you can use a medieval fair? Perhaps something along the lines of Critter Country, which could fit Bambi, Splash Mountain, etc.?

I could imagine guests entering a very American circus, which serves as the first part of the land. Basically Storybook Circus, or the 1970s plans for Dumbo's Circus. Dumbo is on a world tour, and his ride is the central point of the area, plus Casey Jr, and maybe even a circus-themed dark ride. Beyond that would be a Critter Country landscape with plenty of trees and the like. Splash Mountain is a given, and maybe a new take on the Country Bears too (a musical dark ride?). Heck, I'd even add in a new, fresh take of America Sings, with maybe a couple of Spanish songs added in two, to show Spain's past relationship with the Americas.

Instead of a Bambi dark ride, we could incorporate this lovely, little, recently revealed attraction design by Marc Davis: America's Wilderness!

Marc Davis concept art.jpg

Guests board a choo choo train and travel through America's wilderness, made up of four scenes, each set in a different season and exploring the wildlife of American critters, etc.

Also, I would like to see a Tomorrowland that isn't a mishmash of dated ideas and IP, but a sleek, timeless one that celebrates human genuity and the celebration/possibilities of the future. Like was Tomorrowland 2055 was supposed to be before Eisner kneecapped it. One that celebrates space travel, growing technologies of the future, like robots, jetpacks, hovercars, and a semi-realistic look at planetary colonisation and exploration. Rides could include Horizons, Space Mountain, a new version of Mission to Mars, the PeopleMover, etc. Big Hero 6 could also find a place here...30 years later.

Alternatively, if the American Fantasyland is changed - how about a more traditional Fantasyland set in the Forest of Seasons. Winnie the Pooh would represent autumn/fall, and The Enchanted Snow Palace would be in winter alongside the Matterhorn. Not sure about spring and summer, though I did come up with an idea for a Gummi Bears version of Seven Dwarfs Mine Cart.

Last edited:

Evilgidgit

Also, because I keep forgetting to add in things. I noticed there was talk for a second gate. I feel like the Hollywood park has been done a few times now.

So instead, what about Mythica - a theme park dedicated to the various myths, legends, and folklore from around the world. Lands would be based on collective myths from various cultures - British/European, Greek, Egyptian, Asian (Chinese or Japanese), Norse, Aztec, a mix of African nations, and Polynesian.

spacemt354

Chili's
@S.P.E.W and @Evilgidgit - do you have any thoughts on how to edit/adjust what we did back in March? I saw you wanted to revive this for the summer and you had some good ideas (I'm open to change!)

The 'Different' Magic Kingdom
2910042337270004230%253Faccount_id%253D9

1600s Main Street
1 - Spanish Colonial inspired Disneyland Madrid Resort at the front entrance
2 - Spanish Colonial inspired Train Station (with stops in Nueva Espana, Fantasy Forest, and Discoveryland) (temp names)
3 - Indoor covered Main Street inspired by 1600s Spanish village architecture (for inclement weather purposes - can be accessed all year round)
4 - Victorian Gothic inspired Castle -- entering an American inspired 'Main Street' courtyard (symbolizing crossing over to the west) Dark rides in courtyard include Lady and The Tramp along with restaurants/shops/M&Gs

Nueva Espana
5 - Caribbean Village setting with shops/restaurants, etc (after the 1600s Spaniards from the village moved to the west. Town set in the late-1800s
6 - An ancient time traveling Dinosaur attraction (possibly with a S.E.A. connection
7 - Pirates of the Caribbean

The Dark Forest
8 - The Haunted Mansion (new setting in the European dark woods)

Thunder Mesa
9 - Rainbow Ridge (Marc David inspired land in the 'Frontiers of the West') Country Bear Jamboree or some sort of animatronic show
10 - Thunder Mesa Village setting (shops/restaurants)
11 - Western River Expedition (already done by @MonorailRed

Fantasy Forest
12 - Continuing the Americana trends...we have a Pocahontas flume ride,
13 - Bambi dark ride (already written up),
14 - Fox and the Hound dark ride.
15 - Briar Patch area for kids
16 - Dumbo spinner
17 - Casey Jr. flat
18 - the transition from Dumbo into the Mary Blair inspired Fantasy Forest station and it's a small world beyond the tracks

Xanadu
A land inspired by a previous competition project which would be modified a lot for this project
19 - Journey to the Lavender Moon - roller coaster/dark ride
20 - Decoris Canyon Quest - boat ride

Discoveryland
22 - Indoor Autopia
23 - Some sort of Da Vinci attraction
24 - walk-through
25 - From The Earth To The Moon (Space Mountain)
26 - The Galactic Orbitron (Astro Orbitor)
27 - 20K Under The Sea

Entertainment
28 - Water Show and Nighttime Fireworks area
29 - Electric Water Pageant

Suchomimus

@S.P.E.W and @Evilgidgit - do you have any thoughts on how to edit/adjust what we did back in March? I saw you wanted to revive this for the summer and you had some good ideas (I'm open to change!)

The 'Different' Magic Kingdom
2910042337270004230%253Faccount_id%253D9

1600s Main Street
1 - Spanish Colonial inspired Disneyland Madrid Resort at the front entrance
2 - Spanish Colonial inspired Train Station (with stops in Nueva Espana, Fantasy Forest, and Discoveryland) (temp names)
3 - Indoor covered Main Street inspired by 1600s Spanish village architecture (for inclement weather purposes - can be accessed all year round)
4 - Victorian Gothic inspired Castle -- entering an American inspired 'Main Street' courtyard (symbolizing crossing over to the west) Dark rides in courtyard include Lady and The Tramp along with restaurants/shops/M&Gs

Nueva Espana
5 - Caribbean Village setting with shops/restaurants, etc (after the 1600s Spaniards from the village moved to the west. Town set in the late-1800s
6 - An ancient time traveling Dinosaur attraction (possibly with a S.E.A. connection
7 - Pirates of the Caribbean

The Dark Forest
8 - The Haunted Mansion (new setting in the European dark woods)

Thunder Mesa
9 - Rainbow Ridge (Marc David inspired land in the 'Frontiers of the West') Country Bear Jamboree or some sort of animatronic show
10 - Thunder Mesa Village setting (shops/restaurants)
11 - Western River Expedition (already done by @MonorailRed

Fantasy Forest
12 - Continuing the Americana trends...we have a Pocahontas flume ride,
13 - Bambi dark ride (already written up),
14 - Fox and the Hound dark ride.
15 - Briar Patch area for kids
16 - Dumbo spinner
17 - Casey Jr. flat
18 - the transition from Dumbo into the Mary Blair inspired Fantasy Forest station and it's a small world beyond the tracks

Xanadu
A land inspired by a previous competition project which would be modified a lot for this project
19 - Journey to the Lavender Moon - roller coaster/dark ride
20 - Decoris Canyon Quest - boat ride

Discoveryland
22 - Indoor Autopia
23 - Some sort of Da Vinci attraction
24 - walk-through
25 - From The Earth To The Moon (Space Mountain)
26 - The Galactic Orbitron (Astro Orbitor)
27 - 20K Under The Sea

Entertainment
28 - Water Show and Nighttime Fireworks area
29 - Electric Water Pageant
I’ll start with Thunder Mesa. Will it have tie ins with Discoveryland; like Baxter had in mind with BTM and Discovery Bay? If not, could we use WRE or BTM as that tie in? And for Discoveryland, I’d like to scrap the Da Vinci ride (and possibly the Autopia) in exchange for different attractions to suit a mid 1800s steampunk San Francisco setting.

spacemt354

Chili's
I’ll start with Thunder Mesa. Will it have tie ins with Discoveryland; like Baxter had in mind with BTM and Discovery Bay? If not, could we use WRE or BTM as that tie in? And for Discoveryland, I’d like to scrap the Da Vinci ride (and possibly the Autopia) in exchange for different attractions to suit a mid 1800s steampunk San Francisco setting.
If we do that I'm wondering if it might be best to move Frontierland to be set adjacent to Discoveryland. To further the connection, rather than having a connection on the opposite side of the park.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I was definitely unique but could be kind of limiting, we can go back to the drawing board! Literally haha - I wouldn't mind hearing out some ideas from scratch and then we can do a sketch (rough one) like before so we have an idea of where everything would go.
Alright, maybe being in Ocean City, MD on vacation right now is making this seem like a better I than it is, but what if we did Main Street as an old timey Board Walk.

Hang on, I'mma sketch something

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
L6qI97y.png

Alright, so have a seven seas lagoon type large lake in front of the park (with resorts along it). Also, have the Boardwalk Mainstreet go at an angle. That way, one half of the boardwalk I overlooking thw water. The other half has the show and food at all themed as kitschy old school boardwalk shops and food stands.

At the end of the board walk can be a ferris wheel and wooden rollercoaster right where it opens up into the HUB transition into the more fantastical world.

Or maybe just the ferris wheel. I could see the ferris wheel looking out at the castle being a very iconic image if done right. Just make sure the castle is bigger than the wheel

Also, feel free to not use this idea, it could easily just be being on the boardwalk making this seem more appealing than it is

Disney Dad 3000

L6qI97y.png

Alright, so have a seven seas lagoon type large lake in front of the park (with resorts along it). Also, have the Boardwalk Mainstreet go at an angle. That way, one half of the boardwalk I overlooking thw water. The other half has the show and food at all themed as kitschy old school boardwalk shops and food stands.

At the end of the board walk can be a ferris wheel and wooden rollercoaster right where it opens up into the HUB transition into the more fantastical world.

Or maybe just the ferris wheel. I could see the ferris wheel looking out at the castle being a very iconic image if done right. Just make sure the castle is bigger than the wheel

Also, feel free to not use this idea, it could easily just be being on the boardwalk making this seem more appealing than it is

I love boardwalks, especially the one at wdw, I wonder if this though would negate some of that charm. With it at the park entrance would it just always be a zoo? I think either way it could work snd be a fun element since some boardwalks are that way. I guess I just enjoy BW since even when it's busy it feels laid back. So after all that I'm not sure what I'm saying. Ha!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom