Disneyland Hotel to have new immersive play area!!!

sweetpee_1993

Wow! That looks impressive. I've been thinking for a while that if/when we finally get out to DL, I want to stay at the DL Hotel vs. Grand Californian. It just seems like it'd be so much more fun! With the new pool, the remodeled rooms, I think that's definitely the way to go for us! :D

Nicole220

I am completely in love with the changes coming. What they've already done to the rooms is awesome...this new stuff is great. I especially love the new tower names. Adventure, Fantasy, and Frontier and a thousand times better than the generic Magic, Dreams, and Wonder.

TP2000

Wow, these changes were rumored awhile ago, but this plan is far bigger than I thought it would be!

And it fixes so many recent wrongs, like the corny marketing department drivel names they gave to the towers a few years ago; Magic, Wonder, Dreams, Barf.

It also bulldozes all of the sad and tired looking 1970's buildings from the old Seaports of the Pacific concept that hasn't looked good since Ronald Reagan's second term.

Disneyland%201990%2006%20dna.jpg

This is going to be a great improvement and much needed freshening to this entire hotel facility. 2012 is shaping up to be a banner year for Anaheim!

maelstrom

Yeah... I'm still calling the towers Marina, Sierra, & Bonita. And I like those old Seaports of the Pacific buildings... and Fantasy Waters. The changes aren't BAD... the monorail pool is even cool... but I just hate how they're taking away everything that made me fall in love with that hotel.

magicmaya

Original Poster
I really want to stay in the DL hotel, now because of this. I think the monorail theme is really nice. I've NEVER stayed in any on site DL hotel because I live 6 minutes away. :lol:

worldfanatic

Just got back from Memorial weekend at the DL resort, and went to visit the waterfalls at the Disneyland Hotel for what probably will be the last time for me. It's sad, because I've enjoyed them almost all my life.

However, I can certainly understand why they're being taken out for the remodel. The entire Disneyland resort was packed for the weekend, but when my wife and I went to visit the falls just after dark, there were just 2 other people on the walkways beneath them. 2!!!!!
They really are hidden at the back of the resort, and well off the beaten track for most.
I remember they used to really promote them around the hotel, but still weren't terribly popular. And I'm sure the water and energy required for them is far from cheap.

I'll always love them, a true hidden gem.
But I can't argue with Disney's decision to move on.:(

primetime52

Just got back from Memorial weekend at the DL resort, and went to visit the waterfalls at the Disneyland Hotel for what probably will be the last time for me. It's sad, because I've enjoyed them almost all my life.

However, I can certainly understand why they're being taken out for the remodel. The entire Disneyland resort was packed for the weekend, but when my wife and I went to visit the falls just after dark, there were just 2 other people on the walkways beneath them. 2!!!!!
They really are hidden at the back of the resort, and well off the beaten track for most.
I remember they used to really promote them around the hotel, but still weren't terribly popular. And I'm sure the water and energy required for them is far from cheap.

I'll always love them, a true hidden gem.
But I can't argue with Disney's decision to move on.:(

Totally agree on the waterfalls- especially on the lack of promotion for them. I've been to DL a handful of times now but never noticed those falls until my most recent visit, when we happened to be staying in the Wonder Tower. I will miss them, even though I just discovered them!

trr1

Updates planned for Disneyland Hotel

Updates planned for Disneyland Hotel

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...el, Disney News - WDWINFO.COM&content=&lng=enhttp://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...el, Disney News - WDWINFO.COM&content=&lng=en

Some big changes are in store for the Disneyland Hotel in 2012. Three major projects are in the works - a redesigned pool area, a new restaurant and bar, and retheming for the three guest room towers.

The pool will take on a bit of a retro look, with a water slide tower built to look like the Disneyland sign of the past. The sign will support the slides, which will feature replica monorail cars for guests to travel through on their way to the splash pool at the bottom. The largest slide will be 26 feet high and will be 187 feet long. A smaller, 3 1/2 feet high slide will allow even the littlest guests to get in on the action.

The Never Land Pool will have a new four-foot deep pool connecting it with the water play area. A footbridge will go over the top, for easier access to each side. Six cabanas will be added to the pool area as well.

The new "smart casual" dining location will be in the place of Hook's Pointe, Croc's Bites and Bits, the Wine Cellar and the Lost Bar. It will be a Tahitian theme, meant to look like the original Tahitian Terrace restaurant in Disneyland. The new bar will have an adventure theme, similar to the Jungle Cruise.

Last, but not least, the three guest room towers will be rethemed after Disneyland Park's lands. The towers will be completed in phases, one each year, beginning this year. The Dreams Tower will be renamed the Adventure Tower. The Wonder Tower will be renamed the Frontier Tower. The Magic Tower will be renamed the Fantasy Tower. Each tower will be decorated with vintage artwork from the three lands, Adventureland, Frontierland, and Fantasyland.

jasikajohnson

Disneyland hotel a redesigned pool area, a new restaurant and bar, and re-theming for the three guest room towers,you must go to Disneyland hotel,you really enjoy,The Dreams Tower will be renamed the Adventure Tower. The Wonder Tower will be renamed the Frontier Tower. The Magic Tower will be renamed the Fantasy Tower. Each tower will be decorated with vintage artwork from the three lands,this is a really a best place you go their.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom