Disneyland highlights 10/29/04

xfkirsten

Original Poster
Well, the castle is finally back! Hooray! I spent the day at the parks yesterday, hanging out with friends from work on a much-needed day off.

First off, the castle looks great!! I have to give the new paint job a thumbs up. Some of my friends thought it looked a bit over the top, and to some extent I'm inclined to agree. The new colors are quite bright. Overall, I like it, although one roof has a weird gold zig-zag pattern that seems out of place. Photos in the link at the end!

Villains! Wow! We were sitting annd eating at Village Haus when a mass of villains came out: Jafar, Wicked Witch, Frollo, Prince John, Ratcliffe and... Don Karnage!! I nearly had a heart attack and ran (screaming) toward him. I busted out my camera and autograph book, and it made my day! And since it was too cold for a gigantic t-shirt... I had a gigantic sweathirt on in the picture. ;)

Christmas decorations are going up! I noticed a lot of them around the San Francisco area at DCA. Also, New Orleans Square has theirs up and running already.

We caught the last showing of Snow White. This was the first time I'd ever seen it at night, and I must say the effects and lighting were much more impressive in the dark. However, one line nearly made me fall over laughing. Just after she takes a bite of the apple, the line is "You... you... Who are you?" Well, the actress was a bit rushed, and slurred "who are you" and it sounded BAD. I thought it was just me that heard it that way, but as we left the theater, my friends all turned and exclaimed "did she say what I thought she said?!" Wanna know what we thought she said? Try saying it out loud, slurring it together. :lol:

Anyways, that's all for now!! Pics for the day are at http://xfkirsten.fotopic.net/c327246.html

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Thanks for the great update and photos Kirsten! The castle looks fantastic, and it's nice to see Don Karnage back out there. :sohappy:

Figment1986

wow.. They are really going into the old character costumes... It is interesting to see who they have.....

Castle looks great...

1stStarIC2nite

Amazing!!! The castle looks so much better. Granted is VERY bright, but it is a huge improvement over what it was. I can't wait to see it next July!!! :D

By the way, did you get to ride Haunted Mansion Holiday? If so, what is your personal opinion of it? I think it looks awesome, and I'd like to hear other people's opinions on it.

Thanks and great update!!

xfkirsten

Original Poster
Yup, I've ridden HMH a few times already this year. I thought it was pretty good - about the same at last year, really. They didn't change much, except for removing some Oogie Boogie references. And changing my "Slay Rides" sign. :cry:

barnum42

Thanks for the castle pics. I was fearing the worst after seeing one of the gaudy conceptual paintings of what it would look like, but I kind of like how it has ended up.

I too do not recognise Don Karnage.

xfkirsten

Original Poster
barnum42 said:
Thanks for the castle pics. I was fearing the worst after seeing one of the gaudy conceptual paintings of what it would look like, but I kind of like how it has ended up.

I too do not recognise Don Karnage.

Yup, as SpaceRacer said, he's the villain from Tale Spin. I was obsessed with that show a a kid. :p

Unfortunately, they're not done with the castle yet. After the holidays it'll be tarped up again for more work, and I still fear what it will look like after that.

RU42

I forgot you were coming up. I was swamped Friday anyway. Sounds like it was a good time. Great pics (as always). When you coming back up next?

RU

xfkirsten

Original Poster
I'm not sure yet. I'm going up to a Farscape convention in Burbank on the 21st (my birthday present to myself ;)) and it's supposed to be over at 6, so unless I end up staying late at a room party, I might make a pitstop at the parks on my way home. :)

cherrynegra

Is it me or is the new paint scheme for the DL castle similar in nature to the the DLP castle? I was looking at pictures of both and they seem very similar. Just curious. Barnum? Can you confirm or deny my suspicion?

cherrynegra

Thanks for the confirmation Barnum!! It's amazing what one realizes at 2:30 in the morning when one should be in bed and are instead comparing pics of DL's and DLP's castle. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom