Disneyland Hates Walt Disney World

Disney-Nautifan

Original Poster
Hello there,

Recently, I have had a thought, and it has surprised and puzzled me a bit. I believe I have good reasons as to why I say that Disneyland hates Walt Disney World!!!!

• Captain EO is returning to Disneyland, while it is NOT going to at Epcot.
  • Disneyland has had its submarines brought back recently, while Walt Disney World's Nautilus submarines are gone and rotting backstage.
  • Tomorrowland is not as good in Walt Disney World as in Disneyland.
  • Disneyland has a brilliant Fantasyland, while it in Walt Disney World is more smaller and needs such a big makeover.
  • Space Mountain in Walt Disney World looks very unrealistic today while Disneyland's is a masterpiece!
  • Tom Morrow still exists in Disneyland Innoventions, while Tom Morrow is gone at Epcot. Timekeeper, who looks like Disneyland's Tom Morrow is ALSO gone.
  • Disneyland has the Matterhorn, while World Showcase WAS going to, but no!!!...
  • It's A Small World is huge in Disneyland, compared to the one in Walt Disney World.
  • The Enchanted Tiki Room, in its original form, still exists in Disneyland, while we have the SO un-orginial Zazu and Iago.
These specific reasons I believe make Disneyland look more superior, and therefore it hates Walt Disney World!!!!

What do you guys think? :)

MKCP 1985

Hello there,

Recently, I have had a thought, and it has surprised and puzzled me a bit. I believe I have good reasons as to why I say that Disneyland hates Walt Disney World!!!!

1) Captain EO is returning to Disneyland, while it is NOT at Epcot.

2) Disneyland has had its submarines brought back recently, while Walt Disney World's Nautilus submarines are gone and rotting backstage.

3) Tomorrowland is not as good in Walt Disney World as in Disneyland.

4) Disneyland has a brilliant Fantasyland, while it in Walt Disney World is more smaller and needs such a big makeover.

5) Space Mountain in Walt Disney World looks very unrealistic today while Disneyland's is a masterpiece!

6) Tom Morrow still exists in Disneyland Innoventions, while Tom Morrow is gone at Epcot. Timekeeper, who looks like Disneyland's Tom Morrow is ALSO gone.

7) Disneyland has the Matterhorn, while World Showcase WAS going to, but no!!!...

8) It's A Small World is huge in Disneyland, compared to the one in Walt Disney World.

9) The Enchanted Tiki Room, in its original form, still exists in Disneyland, while we have the SO un-orginial Zazu and Iago.

These nine reasons I believe make Disneyland look more superior than WDW, and therefore it hates WDW!!!!

What do you guys think? :)

Well. . . :lol:

1. Despite what you might read here, most people were ready for Captain EO go GO away, and so Walt Disney World isn't gnashing its teeth over this point;

2. The submarines are an ugly yellow and a poor substitute for the splendor of Captain Nemo's Nautilus. If there is going to be a return of submarines, give us back our Nautilus! :lol: Disneyland DOES have a very cool looking monorail though, but Florida's has air conditioning!

3. Disneyland has Tomorrowland. Walt Disney World has Tomorrowland plus Epcot Center. WDW wins. :D

4. Walt Disney World's Fantasyland is getting a huge makeover.

5. While we are awaiting the unveiling of the refurbished Space Mountain, I'll grant you this point. Disneyland's Space Mountain looks to be awesome, and I wish the Magic Kingdom could get something on par.

6. *yawn* We had Timekeeper and he wasn't appreciated.

7. The Matterhorn? Seriously? We'll take Everest. :king:

8. We aren't exactly pining for a larger Small World. It is hard enough to get that chant out of our heads as it is . . . uh oh, I can hear it again now.

9. Again, despite what you may read here, most people would gladly trade the Tiki Room (original or otherwise) for almost anything else! It is a snooze-fest!

Disneyland has Indiana Jones, a new Fantasmic dragon and both Tinkerbell and Dumbo flying around the castle during the fireworks show. It has Walt Disney's spirit and is a great park to visit. Florida has the advantage of size. Happily, we have parks on both the east and west coasts, so more people can experience the fun and the magic.

I don't sense any hate. :wave:

EpcotServo

Disneyland doesn't hate Disney World. It's a million times BETTER, but it doesn't share any hatred towards it.

It's just that WDW gets little to no love.
:lol: :dazzle:

Mouse Man

In my eyes WDW will always be the best. I drive down to Fla. from NJ and stay at WDW resorts for 8 days, then go to Universal for a day or two and then Sea world for the day and maybe go to Gatorland Zoo. Warm Fla Sunshine, fresh air, and all that is needed to have a great vacation. Not to mention the Drive down and back to NJ is always fun if you stop and take time to do all the silly little things that the wife and I enjoy doing. I have no urge to go to Disney Land that is in Shake and Bake USA and fly that far. If I am going to fly that far it will because I am going to Hawaii.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
In a one liner - I love Disneyland and Disneyland Paris, but for me WDW is the best of the bunch. :)

WishIwasThere

1) I'd rather not have Captain EO...it was fun to watch, once when I was a teenager. If I want to watch it now...there Youtube.
2) Have you ridden them? I liked the look of the Nautilus, but not the 90+ minute wait to see fake fish...give me Living Seas.
3) If rocket rods was running and the orbitron was atop the plaza, where it should be...I'd give you that one.
4) DL had their Fantasyland makeover, which from what I've read was much needed for crowds and traffic flow, back in 1983. So 1983-1955 = 28 years, compared to 2012-1994 (really only need it since 20K closed) = 18 years. WDW wins.
5) But we have the original and ours is longer, with two tracks...so we'll see how the refurb goes. If you want a roller coaster, in the dark, with an audio track, head over to DHS.
6) True, I'll give you that one.
7) As someone stated, I'll take EE over Materhorn anyday and twice on Sundays.
8) You can have your longer IASW, but I'd rather have the longer orignal PotC.
9) Yeah, I'd rather have the original one too. At least they haven't stuck Tarzan in our treehouse.

No, DL does not hate WDW. Disney management panders to DL and lets WDW be its cash cow. Comparing Magic Kingdoms as a whole...I'd rather have DL. But looking at them as vacation destinations, send me to WDW anyday and DL only once in a while.

This is my humble opinion.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am quite certain that Disneyland is an inanimate object and due to this fact Disneyland would be incapable of feeling any emotion and it would be impossible for Disneyland to hate WDW. This would lead us to the conclusion that Disneyland not only does not hate WDW but is incapable of feeling any emotion toward WDW or any other object. Therefore you initial statement "Disneyland Hates Walt Disney World" is false.

Because the initial statement is false I would put a motion to the floor that this thread be locked and burred deep in the WDWMagic archives never to be seen again.

or......

You guys can pointlessly debate the matter from now until the end of time.

:D

sponono88

Oh look! another DL v WDW thread :dazzle:

DL doesn't hate WDW.. is it even possible for theme parks to hate each other?

DecWDW

Each has it's good and bad. I would think that each would be compassionate towards the other, as we fans should be. There is no need to perpetuate hate. Embrace and enjoy the differences.
*returns to meditation*

disneysroyal411

7. The Matterhorn? Seriously? We'll take Everest.

[/QUOTE]7) As someone stated, I'll take EE over Materhorn anyday and twice on Sundays.[/QUOTE]

I would take the Matterhorn over Everest any day. This ride is a classic and is longer, at least to me it seems. :shrug: I also like the theming a little better.
IMHO at least. :)

ryno1982

I will give you this, some fans that have only visited DL do tend to hate WDW. For the majority of the 90s, we got a bunch of new stuff while their park rotted. Now it's pretty much the opposite.

Plus the internet tends to cover DL more due to the larger local fanbase, and Al Lutz continuously hammers on WDW. So basically people that have never visited WDW, but are told these horror stories, do tend to have misconceptions and a little bit of hatred for the place. :shrug:

westie

There's a reason its called,"Soaring Over California" too. Because Floridians, its all about California! Now, go get a fastpass...

Tom

Beta Return
You are bascially comparing MK to all of DL. Sounds like a win for WDW to me.:shrug:

Right!

DL can only be compared to MK at WDW...not WDW as a whole. It's hard for a small, 40+ year old park, surrounded by cheap motels and Denny's, to compete with a 47-sq-mi resort complex.

While MK may not be getting (until now!!!) the investments that DL has gotten, WDW as a whole has seen more growth and development than DL. It just appears that DL is "better" because all of the improvements are crammed into 1.5 parks and 3 hotels....rather than over 4 parks and 23 hotels.

I've personally never been to DL, but a few close friends and relatives have. And while they really liked some of the duplicate attractions (POTC, etc), they don't plan on going back. Once you've been to WDW, DL loses a lot of its luster - I hear.

nemofinder22

Its all opinion no resort will ever be "better than the other" one is always going to be the one better in ones head while the other "sucks". What it should really be is why Disney is better than the competition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom