News Disneyland Guidelines note that guests can be asked to leave for using profanity or offensive language

Curious Constance

People are so awful. My daughter has her first job working fast food. With masks, running vehicles, and drive through head sets it makes hearing orders really challenging. She has people literally calling her stupid and cursing at her daily because of it. Makes me absolutely furious.

lazyboy97o

People are so awful. My daughter has her first job working fast food. With masks, running vehicles, and drive through head sets it makes hearing orders really challenging. She has people literally calling her stupid and cursing at her daily because of it. Makes me absolutely furious.
Has she encountered the people who drove past a completely different restaurant only to:
  • Complain they’re order is not ready
  • Complain they don’t have the same menu, or
  • Complain they’re not running the same promotion?
I experienced those when working in food service. The last one always drove me nuts. I’m the lowest employee here, I can’t just make up discounts. You obviously came here instead because you think we have better food.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Has she encountered the people who drove past a completely different restaurant only to:
I experienced those when working in food service. The last one always drove me nuts. I’m the lowest employee here, I can’t just make up discounts. You obviously came here instead because you think we have better food.
When I WORKED at McDonald's people would actually try to order a whopper at the drive thru and had to remind them we don't sell that because we were not Burger King.

SuddenStorm

I've worked for years in both restaurants, theme parks, and hotels. My favorite is "Well, the other restaurant does xyz, or the other hotel does xyz"

"Great, that's them. This is what we have here"

Or when someone complains about the pet cleaning fee at a hotel (my property is $100/stay- I work for a major brand), with "That's so expensive" I just want to be like... "The motel 6 doesn't charge pet fees if you needed something less expensive".

SuddenStorm

That's awful! And there's really no excuse for it. In the last year I've really started to realize the importance of kindness, and just trying to treat everyone with a level of respect and decency, regardless the situation. I wasn't a jerk or anything before, and with years in customer service I certainly wasn't a jerk to workers- but something about this last year has made me more proactive in my attempts to just always be pleasant, and if I'm not going to be pleasant, then silent. I think there's a Disney quote along those lines?

What's worse is that most people are perfectly pleasant and normal in their interactions with service workers, but it's easy to forget them and dwell on the person who through a tantrum and yelled at you.

Also, pro tip- in any kind of interaction with a service worker- whether at Disneyland, a hotel, a restaurant- you'd be amazed at how far being friendly with the staff will get you, especially if it's a place you go regularly. Take the time to get to know them, express appreciation for them, write a positive review- and they'll roll out the red carpet for you.

Curious Constance

Yup. And people trying to get her to give them stuff for free because their order wasn’t ready immediately or something. Like she can just make those kinds of decisions. Yeah let’s risk her being fired so you can have a free $1 ice cream cone. 🙄

Curious Constance

That's awful! And there's really no excuse for it. In the last year I've really started to realize the importance of kindness, and just trying to treat everyone with a level of respect and decency, regardless the situation. I wasn't a jerk or anything before, and with years in customer service I certainly wasn't a jerk to workers- but something about this last year has made me more proactive in my attempts to just always be pleasant, and if I'm not going to be pleasant, then silent. I think there's a Disney quote along those lines?

What's worse is that most people are perfectly pleasant and normal in their interactions with service workers, but it's easy to forget them and dwell on the person who through a tantrum and yelled at you.

Also, pro tip- in any kind of interaction with a service worker- whether at Disneyland, a hotel, a restaurant- you'd be amazed at how far being friendly with the staff will get you, especially if it's a place you go regularly. Take the time to get to know them, express appreciation for them, write a positive review- and they'll roll out the red carpet for you.

Exactly. You’ll try much harder to come up with a way to help someone who is being a positive part of your day than someone making you miserable.

unmitigated disaster

I've worked for years in both restaurants, theme parks, and hotels. My favorite is "Well, the other restaurant does xyz, or the other hotel does xyz"

"Great, that's them. This is what we have here"

Or when someone complains about the pet cleaning fee at a hotel (my property is $100/stay- I work for a major brand), with "That's so expensive" I just want to be like... "The motel 6 doesn't charge pet fees if you needed something less expensive".
$100 pet fee? Man, and people complain that ours is $75.

SoCalDisneyLover

They've had this policy at Anaheim Ducks games for years. I guess it's something I would not expect at Disneyland. Seems more like it would be a regular occurrence at a park like SFMM.

cmwade77

That is not cool....mi do get frustrated at times in drive thrus, but it isn't the workers fault that all of this mess has been mandated, most of them don't want it either.

Mac Tonight

As usual, Larry David sums it up best:

BowedAssuredKudu-size_restricted.gif

Serving-Customers-Larry-David.gif

Minnesota disney fan

OP, I'm so sorry your daughter has to find out how rude some people are.
I wish everyone had to work retail or other minimum wage jobs to see how awful people can be.
We owned a resort and saw some of that and it wasnt fun. Most of our guests were great, but there are always a few jerks.
I hope your daughter just imagines them in their dirty underwear when they spout off!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom