News Disneyland Guidelines note that guests can be asked to leave for using profanity or offensive language

CaptinEO

Oh, Security. Disneyland Security.

The Disneyland Security team will now "be called in" if someone drops an F bomb at the Fastpass entrance.

Okay, we're talking about Disneyland Security. These guys and gals that watched this play out and watched random customers intervene...
My whole life I always heard about how Disneyland has the best security and that theyd come out of nowhere to react in an instant as they are hiding in plain sight.

When this video came out I realized all that stuff was an urban legend.

Disney Analyst

Judging the effectiveness of their security off of one, extremely rare incident isn’t fair.

And that situation was completely ridiculous and not something that is common...

I think it’s just sad that we need to have these rules spelled out. I worked in restaurants for most my young adult life, people really do think they can have whatever they want, get away with anything, and treat workers like absolute crap.

It has always happened, and quite frankly most business do not have their workers back, and they always should have. With Covid it’s become far more noticeable to everyone, which is why it seems many businesses are finally take a stand against these... types. But shouldn’t it have been obvious?

cmwade77

Better than Florida where you can be fined and arrested for using profanity if women or children are around (and not just on Disney property), it is a law on the books there.

Personally, I have no issues with people being removed for such behavior though.

Californian Elitist

And that situation was completely ridiculous and not something that is common...

I think it’s just sad that we need to have these rules spelled out. I worked in restaurants for most my young adult life, people really do think they can have whatever they want, get away with anything, and treat workers like absolute crap.

It has always happened, and quite frankly most business do not have their workers back, and they always should have. With Covid it’s become far more noticeable to everyone, which is why it seems many businesses are finally take a stand against these... types. But shouldn’t it have been obvious?
I have nothing else to add. Exactly.

EPCOTCenterLover

I am very tired of hearing things like the F bomb dropped when I'm in the parks with little kids. As an adult, it doesn't bother me nearly as much. I just think it exhibits no class and a lack of respect for others. As an adult with children in tow, it makes me angry. The whole world doesn't speak like that even if media like MTV would like us to think so.

Last edited:

denyuntilcaught

Not to pick on you personally, but this sentiment is expressed quite regularly on forums such as these.

The problem with it is that it's presented as though it's exclusive to working at Disneyland. You think employees at Wal-Mart or McDonald's or Home Depot don't get sworn at or berated by upset customers? Because they do, every single day.

It's called working in entry-level customer service. If you can get a job at a higher paying place like Nordstrom or Ritz-Carlton you probably can go longer inbetween profane beratings from upset customers. But if you can't get a job at those places and you have to work at Wal-Mart or Disneyland or McDonald's, then the customer beratings will be more profane and happen more often.

You have a point, sure, but speaking from experience working in the parks I experienced multitudes more of rude guests in a day then I did at any other job, simply because working at DLR you encounter more people in a day than you would at any of the jobs you listed. Takes a toll on even the strongest mind after a while.

And TBH this notice from Disney doesn't read like "don't use foul language," it reads "don't use foul language towards our Cast." Very different.

Minnesota disney fan

Oh, I completely get that. And you are probably right.

Which makes this sudden fascination by TDA to regulate foul language so hilarious. What planet do they live on?

I just don't get all the remarks about disney trying to keep the parks clean of people who curse others or cast members. It's not funny, IMO. Not everyone likes to hear trash every other word, especially when kids are around. And cast members don't need to be subjected to some idiot cussing him out. I am glad they are going to kick those people out. Rude, abusive behavior is never right or accepted. And the tatoos? Disney already stated they could not be offensive in any way, no swear words, no offensive markings. I am glad for that. I don't want to see someone's rude, offensive tat, but that's just me. Oh, wait, it's not just me. There are many others, on this planet, who don't want to hear cussing around them. There are people who feel cussing every other word is Not normal.

SuddenStorm

I've heard cast members use profanity many times... Can we ask them to leave the park in the future when they drop F bombs around my kids?

That's the Disney Difference. Remember, they aren't your average run of the mill workers- they're Cast Members representing a brand and trying to sell Disneyland as a show.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

No ones saying you’ll get banned for using foul language. What the policy says is they won’t be tolerating profanity directed at cast members and guests alike.

I think you have it backwards. Tattoos never hurt anyone. There’s nothing inherently un-family-friendly about them.
What actually makes the parks more family friendly is there are consequences for the man cussing out a family for blocking his view of the fireworks. Or the woman screaming four letter words at the cast member who tells them their kid is too short for Indians Jones.
Seeing people with neck and face tattoos does hurt me...hurts my eyes and my sense of common sense.

Last edited:

unmitigated disaster

Not to pick on you personally, but this sentiment is expressed quite regularly on forums such as these.

The problem with it is that it's presented as though it's exclusive to working at Disneyland. You think employees at Wal-Mart or McDonald's or Home Depot don't get sworn at or berated by upset customers? Because they do, every single day.

It's called working in entry-level customer service. If you can get a job at a higher paying place like Nordstrom or Ritz-Carlton you probably can go longer inbetween profane beratings from upset customers. But if you can't get a job at those places and you have to work at Wal-Mart or Disneyland or McDonald's, then the customer beratings will be more profane and happen more often.

I work at an upscale resort. The verbal abuse I get as a night auditor is very much worse than I got working fast food. People with money can be just as bad if not worse than everyone else.

I've been called all this and worse. Yes, I know you think that's funny. They meant it. I don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuddenStorm

True. I couldn't agree more.

But the problem is that too many people will cry "Racism!" or "Misogyny!" or "Transphobia!" if they aren't pandered to enough by front line entry-level workers. And then the big company that employs them will pander to that complaint and claim publicly that they value all of their customers and only want to exceed their expectations for... chicken wings, roller coasters, toilet paper, cheeseburgers, or whatever the heck it is that they are selling.

I get a sort of perverse pleasure at my job (I'm a supervisor, and am the manager on duty during my shift), when I'm not able to accommodate a request due to policy- so they ask to speak to a manager, and my follow up is... I'm the manager. It's usually people who are belligerent and a pain to deal with, since most rational people don't jump right to "I want to see your manager" when someone isn't willing to bend policy for them.

It's usually payment stuff too... where we have strict guidelines to prevent fraud and chargebacks, which is one area no manager is willing to bend policy.

SuddenStorm

Even better than that is

“The owner said [insert nonsense].”

“No, I didn’t.”

"The person I just spoke with on the phone told me x"

"That person was me, I don't recall telling you that"

1618705701289.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom