News Disneyland Guidelines note that guests can be asked to leave for using profanity or offensive language

Sharon&Susan

Original Poster
Guidelines.jpg

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The sad thing is poor behavior seemed to happen quite often in recent years and it tended to be the locals who treated the parks like just another local public park instead of like a privately owned theme park with standards to uphold.

I admit I swear up a storm at home but its rare that you'd see me swearing in public especially at Disney.
Maybe in a whisper or in my resort room if I feel its necessary lol but not back and forth with someone.

wityblack

A welcome change. I've none cast members who have been sexually harassed and verbally abused, even with awful slurs used against them, and the pervading attitude had been "just take it on the chin." Cast members work their butts off to make everyones' days magical, often at minimum wage, and abuse towards them should never be tolerated.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I hear a lot of guests casually using profanity in the park and I cringe knowing how many kids are around listening to it. But I'm guessing this is about cussing AT cast rather than people with potty mouths.

George Lucas on a Bench

I hear a lot of guests casually using profanity in the park and I cringe knowing how many kids are around listening to it. But I'm guessing this is about cussing AT cast rather than people with potty mouths.

That's the norm for our culture, unfortunately. Each generation has gotten increasingly foul-mouthed and it's just beyond trashy at this point. There used to be higher standards for the way we speak.

SuddenStorm

I wish it was more normal for businesses to deny service to someone due to their abusive/inappropriate behavior towards staff. It feels like, in many cases, someone can be absolutely awful to a frontline worker who's enforcing a policy they were taught- only to complain to their manager who then waives policy or compensates in some other way.

If places started saying "You know what? You were a complete jerk to our staff and treated them like no one should be treated. We don't want your business" I feel like the world would be a better place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom