News Disneyland Forever returning June 7; Mickey's Mix Magic to end daily run June 6

Touchdown

Thought I would share some pictures from my trip of this great show
A70EA492-A064-4458-9235-ED158BBFB0C6.jpeg
08F004A6-C0BB-430E-9815-6C080D866496.jpeg
3E90ED99-D477-4564-9F21-870FCFD05ECD.jpeg
195E0068-0BF5-4F1E-A378-115E00306263.jpeg
51830C99-392C-412C-A6FE-59914FC5CA7F.jpeg
928D14D3-DDB2-4EB8-9238-F5B688DC0336.jpeg
62E3E253-3F43-45DB-9D98-88902CEFE1CE.jpeg
81435A59-3473-4918-8B4D-BC7CD867CD21.jpeg
52BC9A8B-0504-4F33-9946-FBF02C371A05.jpeg
0A859ABC-2143-4C4A-8E6A-E6C0F0B03B4B.jpeg

Emmanuel

DL Forever ends September 2nd, (shocking! :) ) Some site says last ever????? Wonder what DL will do for 2020??

Likely a brand new firework show debuting in the summer. We'll probably get a filler show in the meantime after the holidays unless the new possible fireworks show debuts in January. And maybe something that's not a variation of what's currently in the other Disney Parks. Shanghai and Paris basically have the same show, Orlando has their own unique show in HEA. Guess an announcement will come either at D23 or later this year on the DPB.

It was nice to have DL Forever back even if it was just for the summer.

VJ

Original Poster
And maybe something that's not a variation of what's currently in the other Disney Parks. Shanghai and Paris basically have the same show, Orlando has their own unique show in HEA.
I'm honestly expecting a new show with a modest budget a la Magical!. It's either gonna be something like that or yet another clone of Ignite the Dream.

Emmanuel

I'm honestly expecting a new show with a modest budget a la Magical!. It's either gonna be something like that or yet another clone of Ignite the Dream.

I can see that happening along with the flexibility that Mix Magic introduced by only having pyro on weekends and being able to continue even if winds pick up during the show that would cancel the rest of a firework show.

Disneylover152

Dang, was hoping Disneyland Forever would last until Christmas. Oh well, hopefully I'll be able to catch Remember in November. Just I really really hope we don't see a return of Mix Magic with or without fireworks.

mickeyfan5534

I’d be fine with magical coming back!
I've always thought that Magical was really underrated. Great music, great encompassing theme, and songs not normally heard in fireworks shows like The Second Star to the Right and Jolly Holiday and Baby Mine. I honestly think with some updates and changes like Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather hosting the entire time, Let it Go added (I'll be shot for that one), and new projections for all the viewing locations it could come back and be a smash.

TROR

Fantasy in the Sky, that Pixar one, and Mix Magic are the only firework shows that fall completely flat. Disneyland Forever isn't great, but it's solid. Magical's good. Remember is the best.

TrainsOfDisney

I only saw the Pixar one from outside of the park when they were testing it... it looked like a good show pyro wise. I had wanted to get back and see it but I ran out of time last year ha. I guess I didn’t miss much!

I felt the same way about Forever in my memory (good but not great) but when I saw it this summer I loved it!

Obviously Remember is the best, not sure if it will ever be beat.

PiratesMansion

I only saw the Pixar one from outside of the park when they were testing it... it looked like a good show pyro wise. I had wanted to get back and see it but I ran out of time last year ha. I guess I didn’t miss much!

I felt the same way about Forever in my memory (good but not great) but when I saw it this summer I loved it!

Obviously Remember is the best, not sure if it will ever be beat.

Honestly I think Happily Ever After is the new bar to rise beyond. The best blend of fireworks and projections that Disney has done, and it works really well in person. Forever may not be as effective a show as Remember, but it's certainly closer to the level of HEA than RDCT in all honesty.

Magical was surprisingly endearing.

The Pixar show was such hot garbage that even my friend who was totally drinking the Pixar Fest and Pixar Pier Kool-aid thought it was bad.

I have a soft spot for the first 2/3 of Disney Dreams.

Remember fans should check out Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland. Not as much pyro (generally the rule when it comes to the international park spectaculars), but interesting as an updated take on the concept of Remember. Honorable mention also to their version of Once Upon a Time, which I thought was really beautiful for being "just" a projection show.

As for Disneyland, it's time for a new fireworks show. I'm not interested in watching them recycle the same shows until I die. Time for something new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom