Disneyland Fantasmic Dragon Engulfed in Flames

TP2000

So it's just permanent B-mode? Incredibly lame.

Never thought we'd see the day where WDW had the better Fantasmic.

I just watched some of those short clip videos. It doesn't look exactly good.

I will still wait for the public debut this weekend, when we can get some good HD video from prime viewing spots. But so far, this is looking like a downgrade and a weakened version of this show. :oops:

I'm going to need to work doubly hard on my chocolate mousse this Friday night to make up for the show now.

STAY TO YOUR RIGHT!!! KEEP MOVING THRU THE WALKWAY!!! FOLD IN THE EGG WHITES!!!

Emmanuel

Do we know if Peter Pan is still the 1992 Soundtrack? Or was it Redone?

From the B Roll it does sound like its still the 92 score for the Peter Pan scene. The thing with the B-Roll is that cuts so much and the audio for Peter Pan in the clip sounds like its from the speakers not a source audio but for me it does sound like they kept the 92 score or maybe its re-scored to sound very similar to the original which I think could be the latter especially towards the end

Likely the end might be tweaked a bit to make it fit with the transition to the princess part since the rest of the soundtrack is still 2.0

MagicWDI

The DHS version is all nice and dandy, and has some pretty nice show scenes too, especially the new ones. It's also easier in and out compared to Disneyland's, which is especially nice on my back and legs.

But I noticed something missing whenever watching the version at Hollywood Studios, and it's not subtle to me, either. The magic that comes with Disneyland's version just can't be beat, the magic of having such a huge production come out of nowhere is simply amazing. During the day one would never realize a huge nighttime show is performed right on the Rivers of America. When I look at the "Rivers" that is duplicated at Hollywood Studios, all the "theater" rigging and tarps made to hide backstage, I always feel a big let down how this version is simply a mock-up of what is a normal area at Disneyland. Not to mention a lot of the staging still looks cheap compared to the staging at Disneyland. The magic is lost on me, and most of the time while at DHS I choose to skip Fantasmic.

I might be jaded as I grew up with the Disneyland version, but I also admit when I prefer something at WDW over Disneyland, and in this case I choose Disneyland's version hands down.

At least the WDW version still has a dragon at the moment.

TP2000

For my Fantasmic! Triumphantly Returns Livestream Viewing Party For One Because My Friends Would Think I'm Nuts If I Invited Them Over For That this Friday night, I've decided to do my chocolate mousse with Cognac instead of rum, to play up the French Quarter theme.

I'm afraid fresh baked beignets are not something you find easily in southwest Utah. And I'm not about to try to make them from scratch. A classic chocolate mousse with Cognac will do quite nicely, though. Maybe with some little French cookies.

Cocktail of the evening??? I mean, the easy choice is a New Orleans classic, the Sazerac. And I do love those. But contrary to popular belief, I generally don't exceed more than one or two cocktails per day. So I was trying to think of a champagne or prosecco based beverage that could be lighter and lower alcohol and allow me to have two or three before, during and after the show, while still pairing well and standing up to the rich chocolate mousse.

According to Google, Mark Twain's favorite liquor was Scotch. And Walt Disney was also a famous Scotch drinker (I didn't need to check Google for Walt, because you should just know that). So maybe a Scotch based but lightened up offering instead of a Sazerac? A grand finale' cocktail based on two great Americans and a theme park D Ticket? That could be fun.

media-event-fantasmic-05.jpg

A Scotch based version of an Irish Coffee, perhaps? Walt was heavily Irish-American, I've read. And I'll be whipping fresh cream for the chocolate mousse anyway. So... Hmm... 🤔

KEEP MOVING THRU THE WALKWAY!!!

PLACE A DECORATIVE MINT SPRIG IN THE WHIPPED CREAM!!!

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

The DHS version is all nice and dandy, and has some pretty nice show scenes too, especially the new ones. It's also easier in and out compared to Disneyland's, which is especially nice on my back and legs.

But I noticed something missing whenever watching the version at Hollywood Studios, and it's not subtle to me, either. The magic that comes with Disneyland's version just can't be beat, the magic of having such a huge production come out of nowhere is simply amazing. During the day one would never realize a huge nighttime show is performed right on the Rivers of America. When I look at the "Rivers" that is duplicated at Hollywood Studios, all the "theater" rigging and tarps made to hide backstage, I always feel a big let down how this version is simply a mock-up of what is a normal area at Disneyland. Not to mention a lot of the staging still looks cheap compared to the staging at Disneyland. The magic is lost on me, and most of the time while at DHS I choose to skip Fantasmic.

I might be jaded as I grew up with the Disneyland version, but I also admit when I prefer something at WDW over Disneyland, and in this case I choose Disneyland's version hands down.

Firmly agree with everything you said. What makes Fantasmic special is the magic of it at Disneyland.

That is why the show has triumphed.

Emmanuel

Thats definitely the edge DL's version has. Imagine taking ride on the SS Columbia during the day, a replica of the first American ship to go around the world. Then at night emerges as a pirate ship under Captain Hooks command. Or the Mark Twain Riverboat. You rode it during the day and it emerges at night with pyro pinwheels on the side then boom..Disney characters on the same deck you stood on the riverboat.

TP2000

Thats definitely the edge DL's version has. Imagine taking ride on the SS Columbia during the day, a replica of the first American ship to go around the world. Then at night emerges as a pirate ship under Captain Hooks command. Or the Mark Twain Riverboat. You rode it during the day and it emerges at night with pyro pinwheels on the side then boom..Disney characters on the same deck you stood on the riverboat.

Or there's this version at WDW, which was apparently made out of PVC pipe and three trips to Home Depot.

Fantasmic_Full_49184.jpg

gerarar

Premium Member
Or there's this version at WDW, which was apparently made out of PVC pipe and three trips to Home Depot.

Fantasmic_Full_49184.jpg
Once upon a time, the Mark Twain would contain more characters on the boat in the finale than WDW. After 2.0 debuted in 2017, the number of characters was cut (mainly the top deck containing the miners from Peter Pan segment).

Now WDW has more characters on their smaller Steamboat Willie Riverboat, which consistently has 35 characters twirling and dancing, while DL hovers somewhere between 30-33 characters (sometimes even less) depending on who's available/calls in.

No excuse that DL with the much larger boat shouldn't have more characters in theirs for the grand finale. It's all very ironic.

SuddenStorm

Once upon a time, the Mark Twain would contain more characters on the boat in the finale than WDW. After 2.0 debuted in 2017, the number of characters was cut (mainly the top deck containing the miners from Peter Pan segment).

Now WDW has more characters on their smaller Steamboat Willie Riverboat, which consistently has 35 characters twirling and dancing, while DL hovers somewhere between 30-33 characters (sometimes even less) depending on who's available/calls in.

No excuse that DL with the much larger boat shouldn't have more characters in theirs for the grand finale. It's all very ironic.

Just one of many changes 2017 F! made for the worse.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
List of reasons Disneyland Fantasmic 2.0 is bad:
1. Obviously no dragon, (really just B Mode with some updated fire?)
2. No evil queen which transformation
3. Mickey appearing too early
4. Mickey appearing in his sorcerer outfit WAY too early.
5. Pirates replacing Peter Pan Thankfully reversed
6. Mickey talking to the magic mirror
7. Mickey "ooo" and "aaaa"
8. The removal of Snow White
9. New soundtrack
That's all I can think of for now.

List of reasons DHS is bad :
1. Amphitheater, Could be good or bad depending on who you ask. Good for seating but bad for not having as much "magic" as the show just appearing in the middle of the park
2. Not as many stunts and performers
3. No pirate ship
4. No mark twain
5. Dragon on a stick (still better than current DL solution)
6. Villains sections goes on a little too long imo.
7. Bubbles scene? Maybe I'm sure it's really all that bad, the music is nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom