Disneyland Fantasmic Dragon Engulfed in Flames

jrhwdw

So anyone heard rumours yet of what’s been designed, rehearsed, and tech’d for the new villains climax?

Seems odd we haven’t had anything leak.
I'm worried it's just the No Dragon B Mode DL had all along!!! Then we need to ask.......Why did DL wait long after TSI was cleaned up to return F!???????

Lazy perhaps???? Wouldn't surprise me since 2 Night Parades are still locked and no one can use Them!!!!!

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I'm guessing and hoping I'm wrong but I honestly think it's just gonna be regular fantasmic 2.0 with b mode dragon and the Peter Pan scene. It's odd that they haven't really advertised and given any sort of information or sneek peaks of what it's going to be. Which to me signals that there's not many changes which is disappointing. I really want them to go back to the old soundtrack but I guess they're not doing that.

jrhwdw

I'm guessing and hoping I'm wrong but I honestly think it's just gonna be regular fantasmic 2.0 with b mode dragon and the Peter Pan scene. It's odd that they haven't really advertised and given any sort of information or sneek peaks of what it's going to be. Which to me signals that there's not many changes which is disappointing. I really want them to go back to the old soundtrack but I guess they're not doing that.
I thought DL was making the B Mode better but there hasn't been any Reports or Leaks....

Disney Analyst

I'm worried it's just the No Dragon B Mode DL had all along!!! Then we need to ask.......Why did DL wait long after TSI was cleaned up to return F!???????

Lazy perhaps???? Wouldn't surprise me since 2 Night Parades are still locked and no one can use Them!!!!!

I think a big chunk of time was needed to investigate and repair under the island, in that main pit below the stage. The actual stage itself was lucky and only lightly scorched, but the underside was a different story I believe.

If reports from news agencies are correct, Disney then decided to redesign the villain segment, and create a new battle between Mickey and Maleficent.

So now we wait and see, and hope there is something very new and different, to justify the longer design, planning, programming, and rehearsing process.

TP2000

Yes but it's weird that there's no CM Showings or a DPB Post yet.....

You aren't wrong. It is weird to have so little buzz or chatter or news about this so late in the game.

This show opens in less than 72 hours, and so far... nothing.

In the context of other major Disney theme park shows and attractions, that's weird. 🤔

I'm still going to pull together an artisanal cocktail selection and a fun late night menu, and cozy up to the big screen in the media room and watch some semi-tragic YouTube livestream that evening, just to see what happens. STAY TO YOUR RIGHT!!! But this close to the event, it's weird to not have more info or a Parks Blog post or anything. When it comes to Disney theme park debuts, radio silence this close to opening is not generally good. KEEP MOVING THRU THE WALKWAY!!! Maybe all they did was revert to the old Peter Pan segment, go back to B Mode for a dragonless finale', and hope to God they can still sell enough dinner packages this time without seat cushions to cover the TDA bonuses for Fiscal '24? THIS IS NOT A VIEWING AREA!!! KEEP MOVING THRU THE WALKWAY!!!

Regardless, I've cleared my calendar for Friday night. The ice maker is ready. I can't wait to see what they've come up with!

NOT included in your Fantasmic! dinner package in 2024, is the old-fashioned 2010's dinner package seat cushion...

Do you think TDA is made of money or something?!? You don't get this type of silly convenience anymore. Like & Subscribe!

s-l1200.webp

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
More fountain testing tonight (still no signs if the left/ride are still static or not).

Also the spotlights are on stage tonight, so maybe a rehearsal after park close.

wtyy21

Breaking!!

I would rather see the return of some elements taken from old B-Mode F! 1.0 when Maleficent rising up in her tower during battle scene, combined with B-mode dragon projections from F! 2.0 that after Maleficent dragon in projection form sparking fire, the projection itself will turned off.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Todd Martens at the LA Times has a new story out on the return of Fantasmic!

Here are a couple snippets from the article:

“Fantasmic!” returns Friday. It will feature a few key changes, including the return of an extended segment focused on “Peter Pan.” It also won’t have a dragon.

Yet the apex of the “Fantasmic!” will still revolve around a battle between Mickey and Maleficent, who in images is seen towering over the star of the show, her figure conjuring an array of lighting, projection and pyrotechnic effects. Maleficent, with scepter in hand, will ascend to a height of 35 feet. Firework effects will appear to shoot from Mickey’s hands, and Maleficent will set the river ablaze.

“The whole theme of the show — good versus evil, and Mickey’s magic and imagination overpowering the evil — it’s important to have that peak in the show,” says Disney Live Entertainment’s Tobi Longo, who has been working on “Fantasmic!” for nearly all of its three-plus decades. It’s Disney’s longest-running so-called nighttime spectacular.

“Maleficent is still going to be spectacular,” Longo says. “She’s on the stage longer than she used to be. We’ve added new pyro effects, with really cool projections and lasers. The river is still going to light on fire. ... As much as we miss the dragon right now, it’s still going to be a spectacular scene.”

And while the dragon may be missed, Longo offers a hint that we haven’t seen the last of Maleficent in her fire-breathing form.

“We’re excited for something to come back, and we’re in the works and working on it,” Longo says. “But I think what I’ve done with that scene — that good versus evil and that battle between Maleficent and Mickey — is so spectacular. We all loved the dragon, and we’ll keep working on things, but there’s not much I can say about it.”

Full article at the link below.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom