Disneyland Fantasmic Dragon Engulfed in Flames

Disney Irish

Premium Member
for me it’s not the money it’s the extra hoops of making reservations on top of the money.
I have a feeling reservations will go away on day tickets (after the new year?), but will remain in some form for Keys. TDA was already working on APs with reservations prior to the pandemic anyways, so it makes sense they stay in some form on Keys.

Vegas Disney Fan

for me it’s not the money it’s the extra hoops of making reservations on top of the money.
We were in Temecula for a wedding this week and we didn’t even bother to check the reservation calendar to see if we could drive up to DL for a couple hours. What would have been a guaranteed couple hours of our vacation a couple years ago wasn’t even worth the hassle of looking anymore.

TrainsOfDisney

I have a feeling reservations will go away on day tickets (after the new year?), but will remain in some form for Keys. TDA was already working on APs with reservations prior to the pandemic anyways, so it makes sense they stay in some form on Keys.
Keeping it for the local keys makes sense. I wonder if they should do the reverse of local ID’s and offer no reservation options if you don’t live in the state?

Or just offer it on the higher priced keys.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Keeping it for the local keys makes sense. I wonder if they should do the reverse of local ID’s and offer no reservation options if you don’t live in the state?

Or just offer it on the higher priced keys.
I can't imagine there are that many out-of-state Keys for them to create a special Key just for them. Rather I think they'll just end up taking the "loss" and forcing them to buy day tickets just like the posters here are doing.

Touchdown

I can't imagine there are that many out-of-state Keys for them to create a special Key just for them. Rather I think they'll just end up taking the "loss" and forcing them to buy day tickets just like the posters here are doing.
I wish they would do like WDW does and make a special reservation for resort guests. Doesn’t seem right to be blocked if you are staying at a resort.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I wish they would do like WDW does and make a special reservation for resort guests. Doesn’t seem right to be blocked if you are staying at a resort.
This is where I think they'll just drop the reservations all together for day ticket guests, which will solve that for almost all staying on-property. It'll be very rare for a resort guest staying on-property to also be a Key holder, which I imagine those would already have a reservation.

TrainsOfDisney

There were enough of us that wanted to visit both coasts that premiere was around for many years. We exist! I repeat we exist! Haha.

Vegas Disney Fan

There were enough of us that wanted to visit both coasts that premiere was around for many years. We exist! I repeat we exist! Haha.
We were talking about this the other day, I bought my first premier pass in 2014, pretty sure I paid $1100 (including tax). That wouldn’t even get me a decent DL only or WDW only pass now. It’s wild how much it’s gone up in the last decade.

Phroobar

We were talking about this the other day, I bought my first premier pass in 2014, pretty sure I paid $1100 (including tax). That wouldn’t even get me a decent DL only or WDW only pass now. It’s wild how much it’s gone up in the last decade.
I got my first premium AP in 1995 and it cost $149. No black out days. My wife and I went to Disneyland at least twice a week back then. Sometimes even with her parents.

I remember a day pass to Disneyland was less than $50.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Last night during the second show there was a large pyro misfire shortly before Peter Pan. Tonight (it's a holiday) it's running even further reduced pyro and B-mode finale
Video linked below

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

Fantasmic can't catch a break
But also, people watch videos of Fantasmic constantly to find evidence of mistakes, and are shocked when there are, in fact, mistakes? Make it make sense.

Is it frustrating to see errors again and again? Yes. But also, there has got to be a more productive, enjoyable use of people's time than policing the state of Fantasmic from afar night after night.

Emmanuel

But also, people watch videos of Fantasmic constantly to find evidence of mistakes, and are shocked when there are, in fact, mistakes? Make it make sense.

Is it frustrating to see errors again and again? Yes. But also, there has got to be a more productive, enjoyable use of people's time than policing the state of Fantasmic from afar night after night.

Sadly its become a sport to spot mistakes not just Fantasmic but at Disneyland as a whole.

gerarar

Premium Member
Most pyro missing in tonight's show. Mickey hands, barges, etc. all missing. Some stage pyro is present still.

Most likely pulled since the big misfire last week. Sad to see it in this state (again x2)..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom