Disneyland, any change in 8 years?

CmdrTostada

Original Poster
The last time i went to Disneyland was in 1994, I was 7. I've always liked Disneyland better than MK, which ive been to about 20 times in the past 2 years. But from the way people talk about Disneyland it sounds like it has gone down the drain. I know they redid Tommorowland. But is there anything good that changed? And Pressler runs Disneland right who runs WDW?

craziebabie1

Tomorrow land is not what it used to be. Seems like everything is closing. It's still a lot of fun for the most part. California Adventure is worth checking out. I love it. It ,has a lot of fun rides and some great shows. Blast is a good one. Unfortunatly that is being replaced in September. I think DL is still as Magical as ever.
Besides nothing like the original.:)

jaylenofan86

DCA is horrible! I could do the whole park in 2 hours, but it's worth it the first time. Nothing has changed but tomorrowland, which is a dump now! No, DL is not down the drain, they are fixing some things up! Pressler does not run WDW, he is the president of DL. That's why DL lacks things WDW has. Thanks Pressler! Protest Pressler!

CalDisney

Hey!! Hey!!
Now!!:mad:
Let`s Not Badmouth My Park... Ggrrr...

You Must remember.. Without Disneyland You wouldn`t have WDW
Yes there are some rides that closed .
BUT!!!

It still is the Best Park in So. Calif.
And Busy!!
Im Going Today:)
in about 2 hrs.

And I believe Disneyland will get it together by their 50th
Anniversary.:cool:

jaylenofan86

Yes, yes. It's a good park! It's the best! But, they need to change the upkeep of the park, and add something new! DL was the leader in coming out with rides! That stoped in 1994 when IJ came out. So far, all that's coming out is WtP in 2003-2004.

AdLibSean

Cynthia Harris is the President of DL, and Pressler is President or something of Walt Disney Attractions I think, so technically he does have some say as to what goes on down in WDW

jaylenofan86

No, Pressler is above Harris. That's why Pressler is getting most of the blame. On a personal note, I have met Harris, she is one of the nicest people you could ever meet!

Richy_roo

DCA 2 Hours!!!

Yeah right... jaylenofan86

You may notice, that where it says ENTRANCE you can go in, and a TURNSTYLE is for going through, its not a Barrier.....

"DCA is Horrible" - what are you like!!!!

Real good solid advice here (NOT)

jaylenofan86

Yeah right... jaylenofan86
I don't see you saying about good about DCA. I also see that you live in the United Kingdom, no? Have you ever been to the park lately? The wait times for ALL of the rides is between 5-10 minutes. Yes, you can do the whole park in two hours, I have done it before!
You may notice, that where it says ENTRANCE you can go in, and a TURNSTYLE is for going through, its not a Barrier.....
What the hell are you trying to say? CAN YOU TYPE PROPER ENGLISH!
"DCA is Horrible" - what are you like!!!!
Have you been to the park lately? IT'S IN HORRIBLE SHAPE! They need to add some more and better rides.
Real good solid advice here (NOT)
Well, do I see ANY advice from you? NO! I do not sugar coat everything Disney does. They do make mistakes.

Richy_roo

DCA

FYI - I spent 3 days in DCA in February.

What i am saying is how can you do the park in 2 hours?.

Can you explain?

If Millionaire is a 30 minute show
Muppets are a 15 minute show
The Animation tour takes at least 20 minutes
Golden Drean 15-20 minutes

thats almost an hour and half for 4 attractions, without any queuing time, or photo stops

Theres a lot of people better qualified than me to give 'helpful' advice on DCA, but it annoys me when people deliberately give out wrong information, which has an adverse affect.

People read these forums and spend thousands of pounds/dollars planning vacations.

Lets be constructive and help people plan vacations, not embark on a personal ego-crusade

jaylenofan86

FYI - I spent 3 days in DCA in February.
Wow! Next question.
Can you explain? If Millionaire is a 30 minute show Muppets are a 15 minute show The Animation tour takes at least 20 minutes Golden Drean 15-20 minutes thats almost an hour and half for 4 attractions, without any queuing time, or photo stops
I'll be happy to help. This person has been to WDW a lot of times, you don't need to see millionaire, muppets, animation tour, or it's tough to be a bug if you have seen it at WDW.
Theres a lot of people better qualified than me to give 'helpful' advice on DCA, but it annoys me when people deliberately give out wrong information, which has an adverse affect.
Deliberate? Have I lied to anyone? Is my information wrong? Listen, we all make mistakes, we are not perfect.
People read these forums and spend thousands of pounds/dollars planning vacations.
Yes, I understnd that, I was helping this person with his/her question.
Lets be constructive and help people plan vacations, not embark on a personal ego-crusade
I agree, it's just that people need to understand not to me off. It's finals week at school and I'm a little stressed out.

CmdrTostada

Original Poster
Come on just calm down. I hate to think that this got started from my post. I was listening to the "reflections of earth" soundtrack and its so relaxing maybe you guys should listen to it. LOL

CmdrTostada

Original Poster
Also has Eisner said anything about the poor shape of the parks in Cali. or is he to busy in Hong Kong.

Bring the Mouse back home!!!

70th Post :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

PS. Is Disneyland doing anything for the 100th?

dianedisney

I love both DCA and DL

I totally enjoy both parks. Granted Tomorrowland is in need of some attention but I can always find something else to see or do to keep busy. When I go on vacation to the parks I like to take my time and enjoy myself, not try to beat a speed record on how fast I can get through the park. Just imagine.....if Walt had never been born, kinda scary if you ask me. My thought is if you don't like that much don't go...it's real simple to me. Have a Disney Day!!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom