• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Disneyland and Disney World lay off 28,000 employees amid pandemic struggles - OCR/SCNG

AL2000HS

I’m happy you had a good experience! Honestly, I rarely hear people claim to have a positive experience, so it’s refreshing.

I wouldn’t doubt you most likely ran into my uncle! My dad used to work at the Studios as well, but this was back in the late 80s/early 90s.
I distinctly remember having a guest control shift with someone else from attractions while working at Disneyland and she told me about her positive experiences working at Universal. She said she was planning to leave Disney and return to Universal as soon as she she could. I started working at Universal three year after that and immediately saw a difference and understood what the CM was talking about.

My uncle, who is now retired, was head of security at the Walt Disney Studios for decades and warned me about working for Disney, telling me “you don’t want to do it.” I’m glad I didn’t listen to him because I needed to see for myself. I always tell people who want to work for the company to go for it, as their experience may differ from mine. I always hope they have a better experience.

Is that interview with Brandon Kleyla on YouTube?
Very true in experience. Even different Disney parks. I worked at dland and DCA and the tone was very night and day.

TP2000

Very true in experience. Even different Disney parks. I worked at dland and DCA and the tone was very night and day.

At Disneyland the CM's seem uptight and easy to anger. STAY TO YOUR RIGHT!!!!

At DCA the CM's are happy and polite and laid back. Hi! How can I help you folks?

The tone is quite noticeable between the two parks.

SuddenStorm

At Disneyland the CM's seem uptight and easy to anger. STAY TO YOUR RIGHT!!!!

At DCA the CM's are happy and polite and laid back. Hi! How can I help you folks?

The tone is quite noticeable between the two parks.

I knew management at one DCA location that didn't care about the Disney Look- they'd allow people to work with visible tattoos, hair, etc that wouldn't fly in Disneyland proper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom