"Disneyland After Dark" event series starting January 18

Hatbox Ghostbuster

HM14Wge.gif

TROR

Speaking of dates, how about Disney brings back Date Nite at Disneyland (with appropriate dress code of dresses and suits)? A couple of hours after park closing with its own special firework show showcasing romantic moments from Disney's classic filmography. How hard is that to do, Disney?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Speaking of dates, how about Disney brings back Date Nite at Disneyland (with appropriate dress code of dresses and suits)? A couple of hours after park closing with its own special firework show showcasing romantic moments from Disney's classic filmography. How hard is that to do, Disney?

I have a feeling that this is the start of something like that...

Stevek

One FB page I follow is absolutely gushing over this. Exactly the opposite reaction to the WDW version, granted ours appears to be plussed up a bit. That being said, I can't fathom spending extra money to do this...I'm not really a hard ticket event person.

D

Deleted member 107043

Why can't they introduce new offerings that are open to everyone?

You said it yourself, Disney can prey on your nostalgia and exert the least amount of effort, and the money just rolls in. The solution is simple: every time Disney rolls out events like these the fans need to put their money where their mouth is and boycott them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pixieish

The equivalent has been a flop at WDW. The morning one is doing marginally better. (At least that's what I'm gathering from the FB groups.)

Californian Elitist

TDA knows nostalgia equals big bucks. I'm guessing they can put in minimal effort, market the nostalgia to the max and it will sell out.

Ding, ding, ding. Disney knows Disneyland fans salvitate over nostalgia and vintage Disneyland. They were smart and included an old Disneyland logo in the article. That’s good marketing.

Like you said, this shouldn’t have a problem selling tickets. The fans will eat it up.

GiveMeTheMusic

The equivalent has been a flop at WDW. The morning one is doing marginally better. (At least that's what I'm gathering from the FB groups.)

This event is not comparable to Disney After Hours at MK.

This is a themed nostalgia-driven after hours party with special entertainment. Themed being the key word here. Disney After Hours is just extra time in the park, no added bonuses beyond free Mickey bars. It exists to squeeze more money out of rich guests. This event is designed to squeeze more money out of the Dapper Day crowd.

Pixieish

This event is not comparable to Disney After Hours at MK.

This is a themed nostalgia-driven after hours party with special entertainment. Themed being the key word here. Disney After Hours is just extra time in the park, no added bonuses beyond free Mickey bars. It exists to squeeze more money out of rich guests. This event is designed to squeeze more money out of the Dapper Day crowd.

AHHHHH...I misread one of the posts. My bad.

SuddenStorm

When I saw the announcement, I got a bit excited. Think about it- they could make some attractions "classic" for a few hours every night, and charge fans good money to come.

Star Tours with the original video (just have c3p0 sound like Rex). Pirates with the pre Sparrow audio. Fantasy in the Sky as it was 50 years ago. The original Harold scream. They could also do the "original" Fantasmic- it likely wouldn't be to hard to reprogram the effects to work for the '92 edition, and just project any live action segments that aren't compatible with the new setup.

Bring back the MSEP for another limited run.

They could also do a special version of the area music loops- make them a medley of what was played in the various lands 30+ years ago. They could re purpose the Innoventions building to display classic disneyland memorabilia, and bring back recreations of classic Disneyland live performances.

A lot of Disneyland's strength is in the nostalgia of its fanbase- they could milk that cash cow for months of special events. But instead, we're getting a half a$$ed limited event that will still make them tons of money, but with a fraction of the effort.

shortstop

The DPB post makes it seem like each of these events will have a different theme, so only the Jan 18 will be “vintage” themed. Am I reading this right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom