News Disneyland Adds Alcohol to Blue Bayou Menu

LukaLand

You know what's funny? I stock my little crystal cigarette box for party guests with Parliaments. And I buy a pack down at Ralph's about twice a year. But somehow that company now knows my name and address, and both Parliament and Chesterfield send me glossy coupon books a few times per year. They may track my credit card I use? They must be made by the same company. It's not RJ Reynolds, I think it's Phillip Morris?

I work for a grocery chain also owned by Kroger, who owns Ralph's. The cigarette company is getting your info from your Ralph's card.

RollerCoaster

I know some people here like to think DL following Walt’s “no booze within the berm” guidance somehow made the parks “antiquated” or “behind the times” but honestly, for me it was one of the very few remaining examples of how Disneyland actually strived to be different and set themselves apart from other parks (yes, even other Disney parks) by still caring about what their founder stood for. Also, I can’t say enough how poor an argument it is to be in favor of “change” simply due to the passage of time. “Wait, you mean it’s _________(insert calendar year)? We better get that beer flowing, stat!” This decision was 100% not made with that in mind.

Very well stated. While I'm not personally bothered by the policy change I respect tradition and think that argument alone makes the case for why alcohol should not be sold in Disneyland Park.

PostScott

Sorry to bring this thread back up but I didn't want to start a new one.

I've been trying to get a blue bayou reservation for so long and I have the worst luck. Disney never posted when they were going to release the reservations on May 18th and apparently that whole process was really bad. Every day I check to see if someone had cancelled theirs or to check the newest day when Disney puts more reservations on the app but I have no luck. Does anyone have any tips or insider stuff on how to get a reservation?

CaptinEO

I've been trying to get a blue bayou reservation for so long and I have the worst luck. Disney never posted when they were going to release the reservations on May 18th and apparently that whole process was really bad. Every day I check to see if someone had cancelled theirs or to check the newest day when Disney puts more reservations on the app but I have no luck. Does anyone have any tips or insider stuff on how to get a reservation?
It's always 7am but Disney never mentions times, no idea why, really bad communication.

I would try calling them over the phone to arrange something.

Old Mouseketeer

Don't know if I mentioned this--I was invited by a CM on their preview day last month. When we rode Pirates, you could see the new beverage station (serving bar) against the wall to the kitchen. It clearly had many beer and wine taps. I've said for years that the bean counters at TDA knew to the penny how much money they were losing from being dry at Bayou and other table service restaurants. The wager now is how long before it expands to other TS and Buffeteria (I still use the old Disney term) locations. I'll repeat my preference: in the castle parks I prefer to keep alcohol sales out of fast food locations and no roaming with drinks outside of the dining area (even though the entire DL Resort is licensed).

MarvelCharacterNerd

Read a review on another site that went opening day that said they're only currently seating 11 tables inside? So yeah, that's gonna be pretty much impossible to get in until capacity expands.

Old Mouseketeer

Read a review on another site that went opening day that said they're only currently seating 11 tables inside? So yeah, that's gonna be pretty much impossible to get in until capacity expands.

There's another consideration I just heard about. I have a friend who works at the resort, but not in Foods. She said one of his managers told her that a major issue is that Cal-OSHA limits how many workers can be in the kitchen. This not only limits the capacity of indoor diners, but also the variety of menu items and which items (some are more labor intensive). If you look at the menu items around the resort, it's a little bizarre. Monte Cristo at Smokejumpers? It's a little crazy. But I think Disney is trying to offer fan favorites despite the constraints.

Mickeyboof

I really recommend mousedining.com . Yesterday I set up 30+ alerts for Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, Oga’s, etc. for a mid-July trip, and shockingly got an alert for an opening at Blue Bayou today. You have to SPRINT to the computer and find the corresponding reservation slot (I don’t use the link texted/emailed, however you have to be F A S T if the alert pops up on your phone!)

I splurged and paid the $9 fee for text alerts / 50-limit-alerts. Already, it was worth it. The capacity is awfully low, and cancelations will be rare… but with the state ”reopening,” I am guessing more availability will be listed mid-June…?

Curious Constance

I really recommend mousedining.com . Yesterday I set up 30+ alerts for Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, Oga’s, etc. for a mid-July trip, and shockingly got an alert for an opening at Blue Bayou today. You have to SPRINT to the computer and find the corresponding reservation slot (I don’t use the link texted/emailed, however you have to be F A S T if the alert pops up on your phone!)

I splurged and paid the $9 fee for text alerts / 50-limit-alerts. Already, it was worth it. The capacity is awfully low, and cancelations will be rare… but with the state ”reopening,” I am guessing more availability will be listed mid-June…?
Why not use the link?

Mickeyboof

You subscribed to get alerts for dining reservations? I'm not judging you, I'm judging the System.

Sigh, I know. Someone is with me for a full five-day ticket, so I’m determined to curate a decent experience. With no shows or entertainment, my focus is dining.

It’s really a shame we can’t just walk up into Disneyland and enjoy a surprised filled day… that’s in the past now. I can’t even imagine we’ll get a chance to eat at Avengers Campus seeing how fast mobile orders are depleted. The system is truly awful.

Why not use the link?

I’m sure the link is fine! I’ll try it on the next one. I just don’t like the long load page to log in, which if often asks me to do. I instead use the app, where I’m always logged in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom