News Disney100 Celebration coming to EPCOT in late 2023

Disstevefan1

To me, the points of lights on SSE was the BEST thing they did as part of the re imagine EPCOT.

Ironically, this update is technically not part of the re imagine EPCOT, it was a 50th thing and was probably the fastest and cheapest update of all the things (they are trying to do) as part of the imagine EPCOT.

Corylancaster

Awesome, I kinda assumed but wanted to double check before I said anything to my wife...she is a huge Sarah Bareilles and EPCOT fan. Does the nightly show actually play the song with her singing or is it just instrumental (I'm at work so I can't watch the youtube clip that is attached)? Either way she will love it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
To me, the points of lights on SSE was the BEST thing they did as part of the re imagine EPCOT.

Ironically, this update is technically not part of the re imagine EPCOT, it was a 50th thing and was probably the fastest and cheapest update of all the things (they are trying to do) as part of the imagine EPCOT.

I grew up on and entered adulthood with EPCOT Center, FitS, Wishes!, MSEP, Spectromagic!, and RoE, and I consider Horizons, Splash Mountain, and ToT to be the amongst the pinnacles of WDI achievements. They're going to have to a helluva lot better than slapping some LED pucks on SSE to impress me.

Disstevefan1

I grew up on and entered adulthood with EPCOT Center, FitS, Wishes!, MSEP, Spectromagic!, and RoE, and I consider Horizons, Splash Mountain, and ToT to be the amongst the pinnacles of WDI achievements. They're going to have to a helluva lot better than slapping some LED pucks on SSE to impress me.
Agreed, the points of lights does not make up for the destruction of WDW, I was just saying it was ironic that this small, cheap change, to me, is the best change they have made in EPCOT compared to the 4+ years of construction they are trying to complete now in EPCOT.

This 4+ years of work in EPCOT is a net loss, a waste of time and money for what is really glorified landscaping and concrete work.

Its sad that the most to look forward to is just to have the walls down.

Bocabear

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Awesome, I kinda assumed but wanted to double check before I said anything to my wife...she is a huge Sarah Bareilles and EPCOT fan. Does the nightly show actually play the song with her singing or is it just instrumental (I'm at work so I can't watch the youtube clip that is attached)? Either way she will love it.
It is instrumental :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
When they say this "The Disney100 celebrations this October will be unlike any party Disney has held before, but as Walt Disney once said, “We are just getting started."

Does anyone involved actual reread this and think "should we really be saying this?!"

yensidtlaw1969

When they say this "The Disney100 celebrations this October will be unlike any party Disney has held before, but as Walt Disney once said, “We are just getting started."

Does anyone involved actual reread this and think "should we really be saying this?!"
Yeah, after they botched the 50th they really are not in the position to be making claims like this. Especially because we already know this is meant to be a demi-celebration at best.

I understand that you can't advertise by saying "you know, we really decided to take a backseat with this one", but don't hype it up to be something we both know it isn't, Disney!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

I re-read it and want to punch my screen because of the level of stupid being exhibited by their marketing department. Again. "Inept" is not even close to describing how bad their marketing is these days.

Bocabear

I remember the 35th Anniversary of Disneyland, and they had a gift giving machine that would randomly give guests prizes...and that was for 35 years... WDW's 50th didn't get anything like that... The 100th Anniversary should be celebrated with gratitude towards the guests and fans, and have frequent giveaways as part of the celebration... Even if it is just little things like immediate fast passes or trinkets...
Every 100th person through the turnstiles could get a prize... or a Fastpass, or a ticket to feed into The Dream Machine like they did for Disneyland's 35th
In general I think this past mess of a 50th complete with cancelled and dragging construction, price increases, and decreased quality has lost a lot of confidence in the company... The 100th needs to be a home run...or should be...

TDLFan

Much like the 50th, the 100th was over before it began. At least we had a proper 100th in 2001 with 4 new parades.

To add, I don't consider Luminous to be part of this celebration since it's fall out and a patch job from the 50th debacle. So, what really did WDW get for it? I guess I shouldn't expect much since this company can't even staff Citrico's to run 7 days a week.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

Much like the 50th, the 100th was over before it began. At least we had a proper 100th in 2001 with 4 new parades.

To add, I don't consider Luminous to be part of this celebration since it's fall out and a patch job from the 50th debacle. So, what really did WDW get for it? I guess I shouldn't expect much since this company can't even staff Citrico's to run 7 days a week.
it got a chase bank style 100 sculpture in each park, that's about it. Its all sinking to a new low.

WorldExplorer

I would have gone to the theater a bunch of times if they rereleased some actually old movies. Double them up if they're too short, or pad time with behind the scenes stuff and retrospectives.

That would have been cool and felt like we were celebrating a hundred years, but instead they went with a 90s-2010s lineup.

disneyC97

I saw Beauty and the Beast a few weeks ago and thought I'd at least see the "Human Again" scene added later, but it wasn't the version shown.

ToTBellHop

Personally, I would’ve used that music for a special post-HEA fireworks tag. But that would cost money.

It would also work for a post-HEA drone tag like DLP did. But, also. Money.

DCBaker

Premium Member
A new Disney100 medallion was recently placed behind the hedges where the Mickey statue is.

IMG_7791.jpeg
IMG_7793.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom