News Disney World's character cavalcade showtimes are now listed in My Disney Experience

castlecake2.0

Yet the other Orlando parks have brought back their parades and other live events with no issue. So yeah, in this case Disney is being absolutely cheap. Quit bending over backwards and making excuses for them.
I don’t believe those other parks are unionized or have even close to the operation Disney has, so not an equal comparison. I’m not making excuses I’m giving insight into why it’s not as simple as calling someone and telling them tomorrow at 3pm they’re performing festival of fantasy.

castlecake2.0

Yes you are and it's pathetic. You should stick to your lane instead of telling people who have more insider knowledge about entertainment than you about how things work.
It’s fine, you don’t have to agree with me, I wasn’t telling anyone they’re wrong or didn’t have good points, was just pointing out that there are several factors at play. And if you can be upset about lack of entertainment, I can be upset about my beloved Canada pavilion.

CaptainAmerica

Unfortunately, I don't see housekeeping becoming "normal" for a looonngg time. They are having a very hard time keeping new Cast hired for this role longer than a few weeks, some don't even make it through training.
They also rely heavily on (legal) immigration. Housekeeping training is offered in three languages: English, Spanish, and Haitian Creole.

CaptainAmerica

It’s a pretty strange world we live in when Cedar Point is running a high-production-value evening parade for their 150th Anniversary season, while Disney can’t even re-mount an already existing production in Florida let alone throw something together for their 50th…
Are you joking? Cedar Point doesn't have anywhere near the labor demands of The Walt Disney World Resort. There literally *aren't enough people* in Central Florida looking for work right now.

MorphinePrince

I’m not stating my opinion. I’m stating a fact. “Cheapness” is not the reason parades and some entertainment has not returned. If people are telling you it is then they are not “in the know.”
Sure Jan GIF

peter11435

Keep believing the lies you are trying to spread Peter. It's delicious seeing people like you roll over for DIS every chance you get. I hope they're at least paying you good $$ to come on this forum and spout nonsense. 🤣 🤣
Listen you’re the one believing and spreading misinformation. You're welcome to believe what ever you’d like, but that doesn’t make you right.

They don’t pay me anything. Nothing I have said is nonsense. Sorry if you disagree with the truth.

Touchdown

Are you joking? Cedar Point doesn't have anywhere near the labor demands of The Walt Disney World Resort. There literally *aren't enough people* in Central Florida looking for work right now.
Because Sandusky Ohio is such an easy market to attract workers to? CP is a massive park that requires a large labor force. It has 1 theme park, 1 water park, 7 full service restaurants, 4 hotels, countless quick service resturants and shops. The park is 95% running at normal capacity with a full show schedule, all the rides, and all but one of the hotels fully open. How in the world did they do that when half their staff usually is international work visas? $15 per hour, cheap housing and food.

CaptainAmerica

Because Sandusky Ohio is such an easy market to attract workers to? CP is a massive park that requires a large labor force. It has 1 theme park, 1 water park, 7 full service restaurants, 4 hotels, countless quick service resturants and shops. The park is 95% running at normal capacity with a full show schedule, all the rides, and all but one of the hotels fully open. How in the world did they do that when half their staff usually is international work visas? $15 per hour, cheap housing and food.
The point is, Cedar Point is the only game in town. The entire state of Florida, and central Florida in particular, is tourism.

Lil Copter Cap

Management has let performers know that guest satisfaction for the cavalcades are at an all-time high. I'm of the opinion its because guests have literally 'nothing' to compare them to––of course guests will enjoy a short & sweet drive by of characters over nothing at all.

It's a way for Disney/higher-ups to justify their current actions: "Guests LOVE them! We wouldn't want to take them away now," while also knowing they are saving money on labor.

Touchdown

The point is, Cedar Point is the only game in town. The entire state of Florida, and central Florida in particular, is tourism.
Except for Great Wolf Lodge, Kalahari, multiple hotels and resturants in a town of 24k. How in the world could a town of 280k compete? It’s amazing how Universal, Sea World and Disney are all struggling to fill their areas. Isn’t it terrible Volcano Bay stays shut, Electric Ocean was canceled, and the Bourne show has been indefinitely delayed, oh wait…

Disney is the outlier, it’s time to accept that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom