News Disney World's character cavalcade showtimes are now listed in My Disney Experience

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Realistically, how long do we think they could drag some of this out? The end of the year?

DHS currently has a dearth of things to do with Indy, VotLM, and BatB still closed. I can’t imagine they’ll let those stages sit empty forever.

Nemo was a huge people eater at DAK.

The Luau and Hoop actually made them money. No way they’ll stay closed forever.

At what point are they forced to bring some of this back? Are we thinking early 2022 or sooner?

(And yes, I know this is the million dollar question!)

rreading

Realistically, how long do we think they could drag some of this out? The end of the year?

DHS currently has a dearth of things to do with Indy, VotLM, and BatB still closed. I can’t imagine they’ll let those stages sit empty forever.

Nemo was a huge people eater at DAK.

The Luau and Hoop actually made them money. No way they’ll stay closed forever.

At what point are they forced to bring some of this back? Are we thinking early 2022 or sooner?

(And yes, I know this is the million dollar question!)
I assume that they’re 1) watching the delta variant before they make big moves 2) hoping to have things as close to normal as possible by the 50th

deix15x8

The cavalcades as they are do a poor job replacing a parade, but I'd honestly welcome breaking each segment of the real parade apart and having a scene traveling the park every 20-30 minutes over 1-2 times a day.

castlecake2.0

Something to keep in mind is its not as simple as we think to get people back to their original roles. The union agreement did a great job of saving FT people’s jobs, but makes it a very cumbersome job to get people back where they belong based on seniority, location, lines of business etc. I don’t think this is purely a money saving move, the whole property is like a giant game of chess right now trying to get people back where they belong.

mm52200

Something to keep in mind is its not as simple as we think to get people back to their original roles. The union agreement did a great job of saving FT people’s jobs, but makes it a very cumbersome job to get people back where they belong based on seniority, location, lines of business etc. I don’t think this is purely a money saving move, the whole property is like a giant game of chess right now trying to get people back where they belong.
No once again, there’s a process established and set up and already being followed when recalls have happened. The cast is sitting waiting to go.
Performers are still on furlough, and displaced. Those areas that have displaced entertainment cast are well staffed now and can afford to lose them, and actually need to lose them so the rest of the cast in the area can get adequate hours again. Unfortunately entertainment cast can’t be recalled until more offerings/shifts are added and the company just isn’t doing that.

CaptainAmerica

No once again, there’s a process established and set up and already being followed when recalls have happened. The cast is sitting waiting to go.
Performers are still on furlough, and displaced. Those areas that have displaced entertainment cast are well staffed now and can afford to lose them, and actually need to lose them so the rest of the cast in the area can get adequate hours again. Unfortunately entertainment cast can’t be recalled until more offerings/shifts are added and the company just isn’t doing that.
You can't just ramp up one part of the operation because *that type* of cast is ready to go. Everything needs to ramp up in balance. Housekeeping and F&B are still nowhere near where they need to be.

castlecake2.0

Im not saying people aren’t waiting and places aren’t overstaffed, the issue is the chess game of getting people where they need to go based on different versions of seniority along with the people needed to backfill these positions and their seniority and so on. It’s not as easy as people think. Could it go faster if they really wanted to? Possibly. But this isn’t a deliberate cost savings measure, it’s very complex.

castlecake2.0

You can't just ramp up one part of the operation because *that type* of cast is ready to go. Everything needs to ramp up in balance. Housekeeping and F&B are still nowhere near where they need to be.
Exactly. A parade would be great, but what’s more important right now is reopening food and beverage venues, stores, and hotel operations.

mm52200

Im not saying people aren’t waiting and places aren’t overstaffed, the issue is the chess game of getting people where they need to go based on different versions of seniority along with the people needed to backfill these positions and their seniority and so on. It’s not as easy as people think. Could it go faster if they really wanted to? Possibly. But this isn’t a deliberate cost savings measure, it’s very complex.
Once again, there’s a process already in place for all of this, already in use for when recalls have been happening. But continue to say that the company isn’t perfectly content paying performers and technicians far less in their current roles rather than spend money to add more offerings and return them to their higher paying roles.

castlecake2.0

I promise you there are almost no

Once again, there’s a process already in place for all of this, already in use for when recalls have been happening. But continue to say that the company isn’t perfectly content paying performers and technicians far less in their current roles rather than spend money to add more offerings and return them to their higher paying roles.
*I apologize for my rude comment that was here*

Bringing parades and shows back isn’t a top priority right now when there’s so many other areas still trying to get back into operation.

Last edited:

mm52200

It sounds like you are either a) a currently displaced/laid off performer or b) an entertainment groupie. Brining parades and shows back isn’t a top priority right now when there’s so many other areas still trying to get back into operation.
So you could have just said “entertainment is not a priority currently” which is very much true instead of saying they don’t know how to callback the cast.

castlecake2.0

So you could have just said “entertainment is not a priority currently” which is very much true instead of saying they don’t know how to callback the cast.
I didn’t say they don’t know how to call back the cast, I said it’s a very complicated process, not just for entertainment but for all cast members. On top of that, parades aren’t the top priority right now.

Rickcat96

I didn’t say they don’t know how to call back the cast, I said it’s a very complicated process, not just for entertainment but for all cast members. On top of that, parades aren’t the top priority right now.
True, but as complicated as that may be, charging an above premium price for everything else, apparently is better for their image.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom