Disney World Projects Opening Dates

Homer fan

Jim Hill said that Pandora will open in Late 2016 or asap due to Disney wanting it to have as much time possible as the "big new thing" before Volcano Bay opens in 2017.
I thought Avatar was behind original projections and it would open late 2017/early 2018? Granted that was earlier last year, but are they ahead of pace now?

JohnD

Hello all! I will be listing all the upcoming new things opening at Disney World on this thread! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like me to add/edit something! I will update this as well! Disclaimer: These are not official dates! Just speculation!

Completion Dates:

Disney Springs: Late 2016
Rivers of Light: Spring 2016
Soarin' Over the World: Summer 2016
Nighttime Safari: Spring 2016
Frozen Ever After: June 2016?
Avatar Land: Late 2016/Early 2017
Toy Story Land: Early 2018
Star Wars Land: 2019/2020
Toy Story Mania Third Track: Early Summer 2016

Yeah. I have a tentative trip planned for late May/early June 2016 but my work schedule might not permit it. Backup would be October and that would pick up all the 2016 dates you have listed, with the possible exception of Avatarland. I wouldn't expect that until 2017.

AEfx

I would expect TSL to be done first. It's simpler the SWL and is likely to impact fewer guest areas. There have also been permits filed for the TSL area, but nothing yet for the SWL area. I also think SWL will draw a lot more people into the park the TSL, so it makes sense to has TSL up and running before they open SWL.

I presume they don't care about any of that - they simply want it done to coincide with TS4 in 2018. Such is the way decisions are made...

admiral-ari-x

Really hoping the dates for Avatar will work out for early Spring 2017- would be great to have it for the spring break crowds, and since I'll be a part of those crowds next year, it'd be much appreciated.

Biff215

It should definitely be done by then!
Definitely? That's a bold prediction based upon limited info from Disney and the current state of construction (that we can see at least). I hope it's open too, but I personally think it will be later in 2017 if at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom