Disney World Projects Opening Dates

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
Jim Hill said that Pandora will open in Late 2016 or asap due to Disney wanting it to have as much time possible as the "big new thing" before Volcano Bay opens in 2017.

Last edited:

FigmentsFangirl

Just a FYI: sources through the grapevine via BVC at Frozen Ever After in Epcot say it's to open in early to middle of May {before they were saying middle to late June/possibly early fall this year, they moved it up to early May about a month ago, WDWMagic front page has it listed as May 2016, no actual date listed though, just told "early to middle May"}

Just a FYI: sources through the grapevine via BVC at Frozen Ever After in Epcot say it's to open in early to middle of May {before they were saying middle to late June/possibly early fall this year, they moved it up to early May about a month ago, WDWMagic front page has it listed as May 2016, no actual date listed though, just told "early to middle May"}
So the date of the Norwegian constitution is still a really strong possibility (may 17). Well i guess it's good news ... We could saw that the construction was going faster on the last couple of weeks for the meet n greet ....

DManRightHere

I would think that TSL is the easier to theme.

What do you mean? Easier and quicker to build? That could be true, but I thought getting SWL asap would get the parks the biggest bang for their buck. Plus I thought SWL was originally supposed to be completed first...

jt04

What do you mean? Easier and quicker to build? That could be true, but I thought getting SWL asap would get the parks the biggest bang for their buck. Plus I thought SWL was originally supposed to be completed first...

This was never announced nor apparently planned. I imagine the success of SW7 has changed some of the plans or more. SWL will be massively bigger and more complex than TSL.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I thought SWL was to be completed before TSL?

I would expect TSL to be done first. It's simpler the SWL and is likely to impact fewer guest areas. There have also been permits filed for the TSL area, but nothing yet for the SWL area. I also think SWL will draw a lot more people into the park the TSL, so it makes sense to has TSL up and running before they open SWL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom