disney world profesional photos

jbarteau

Hi Everyone

I have looked all over Disney website but can not find anything on disney world profesional photos that a friend was telling me about. This is not the normal Disney Phot Pass but more for family portraits.

Has anyone every heard of this and if so can someone please direct me to the website.

Thanks

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Wasn't there a location at Downtown Disney at one point where you could have a professional portrait session with Mickey? I seem to remember that (and I'm sure it's gone now).

Did they ever move that location, or is it totally gone now? I believe this same place also used to use blue screens and such to "magically" insert you into the scenes of classic Disney films. We have a bunch of them from when I was younger.

Upvote 0

Brandon.

Wasn't there a location at Downtown Disney at one point where you could have a professional portrait session with Mickey? I seem to remember that (and I'm sure it's gone now).

Did they ever move that location, or is it totally gone now? I believe this same place also used to use blue screens and such to "magically" insert you into the scenes of classic Disney films. We have a bunch of them from when I was younger.
I think it's still there in the Guest relations building

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

We did our family portraits in the MK w/Disney's Professioal Photgraphy Services in early December of '07. They did a beautiful job. Our sitting was during the Christmas parade taping and it amazes me how you don't see a single person other than us in the shots with the castle. There were thousands of people all around! The total cost after ordering prints was pretty pricey but we didn't think it was much beyond what we would've spent had we booked a photographer at home. If you want to see some of the shots or have any questions just shoot me a PM!

:wave:

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

PhotoPass will also do a private photo session at most of the deluxe resorts.

Professional Portrait Service at select Walt Disney World Resort Hotels*: Sign up for a one-on-one professional session with one of our photographers. No sitting fee required. You'll get beautiful photos with a personal touch. You can choose from Professional Print packages or get all of your session images on the Professional Portrait CD (separate from Disney's PhotoPass PhotoCD). Available in select Resort locations. Reservations are required and can be booked up to 30 days in advance. Call 407-934-4004 to book.

More information available here -> http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/#sessions

Not a true professional session per say, but at ~$50 for approx. 40 minutes of photos, it is much more affordable than the professional services.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

PhotoPass will also do a private photo session at most of the deluxe resorts.

More information available here -> http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/#sessions

Not a true professional session per say, but at ~$50 for approx. 40 minutes of photos, it is much more affordable than the professional services.

I've wondered about these. If I were to go by the quality of the Photopass pics we got throughout the parks in November I'd not even consider this a worthwhile thing to do. All our pics were pretty awful. I wonder what the difference might be in the Photopass photographers who do the resort sittings & the ones in the parks. I'd hope there is a vast difference. I guess if the pictures turned out bad you could always ask for a refund but then there's the time lost getting dressed & taking the pics. :shrug:

I can honestly say the only problem we had with our portraits was narrowing them down & deciding what to order. They're all gorgeous. Then we ended up spending a ton buying up the dozen or so we loved... Lol! Also, we were told anytime we wanted to order reprints we could. They archive the files indefinitely. I thought that was pretty cool, too. :wave:

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

I've wondered about these. If I were to go by the quality of the Photopass pics we got throughout the parks in November I'd not even consider this a worthwhile thing to do. All our pics were pretty awful. I wonder what the difference might be in the Photopass photographers who do the resort sittings & the ones in the parks. I'd hope there is a vast difference. I guess if the pictures turned out bad you could always ask for a refund but then there's the time lost getting dressed & taking the pics. :shrug:

We haven't done the actual session, but have had pictures taken by the same photographers at night when they don't have sessions booked. And we have been fairly pleased with their results. Not sure if they are better trained, or simply are able to take more time with you, but they usually come out nice. And most people who have reported back on having done the session seem to be fairly happy. The biggest complaint I have seen is that they keep upping the price, while lowering what you get from it. But still $100 or so for a handful of prints, plus a cd with rights to all the images isn't bad.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

We haven't done the actual session, but have had pictures taken by the same photographers at night when they don't have sessions booked. And we have been fairly pleased with their results. Not sure if they are better trained, or simply are able to take more time with you, but they usually come out nice. And most people who have reported back on having done the session seem to be fairly happy. The biggest complaint I have seen is that they keep upping the price, while lowering what you get from it. But still $100 or so for a handful of prints, plus a cd with rights to all the images isn't bad.

Agreed. $100 isn't bad. The sitting fee for our portraits 3 years ago was more than twice that. I've been curious so thanks for the info. I keep telling my brother he should do this with his girls when they go. :)

Upvote 0

TomHendricks

I'm not sure if I am remembering this right or not, at one time couldn't you hire a photopass photographer to follow you around the MK and take pictures of your family as you were doing stuff? Like your own private photopass person.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

I'm actually liking the private photopass session idea. The price doesn't seem bad AT ALL. So...question, wise ones. Which of the following deluxe resorts would you choose to be photographed at? The Poly, Beach Club, or Grand Floridia. Those are the three I've narrowed it down to. Which of those has the most scenic backgrounds? I suspect most people are going to say the Poly, but I'd be happy to be surprised.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I'm actually liking the private photopass session idea. The price doesn't seem bad AT ALL. So...question, wise ones. Which of the following deluxe resorts would you choose to be photographed at? The Poly, Beach Club, or Grand Floridia. Those are the three I've narrowed it down to. Which of those has the most scenic backgrounds? I suspect most people are going to say the Poly, but I'd be happy to be surprised.

For me, I think it'd depend on the time of year I was having the photos taken. Spring I'd go with Poly just for the lush green-ness. Summer I'd go with Poly or Beach Club just for the beachy feel. I'd consider GF for the holidays maybe but that's just my taste. I'd think for fall pictures wearing a nice sweater at Yacht or Beach would be nice. Not sure but if they do these at Wilderness Lodge that'd make for nice scenery for the fall or winter. Imagine the scenery and go with your personal taste. I'm not a very beachy person so I don't really favor the beachy feel. :D

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

For me, I think it'd depend on the time of year I was having the photos taken. Spring I'd go with Poly just for the lush green-ness. Summer I'd go with Poly or Beach Club just for the beachy feel. I'd consider GF for the holidays maybe but that's just my taste. I'd think for fall pictures wearing a nice sweater at Yacht or Beach would be nice. Not sure but if they do these at Wilderness Lodge that'd make for nice scenery for the fall or winter. Imagine the scenery and go with your personal taste. I'm not a very beachy person so I don't really favor the beachy feel. :D

It would be next month. They do do it at Wildnerness Lodge, but I'm about as far from a rustic, outdoorsy person as you can get. It's just not me. I think I'm leaning towards the Beach Club at this point.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom