Disney World or Disney Cruise?

allstar01

Planning a trip in January. Never been on a cruise before. Don't know if we should go back to Disney World or try the Cruise. What would you do?

happymom52003

You could try one of the shorter cruises and do a few days at WDW also. If I am not mistaken, I think they have land/sea packages?:shrug: Not sure though. But that is what I would do because I could never be so close to WDW without going!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I actually have been having a lot of clients who always go to WDW go for the Disney cruise this year. I say go for the cruise or do a Land and Sea package that will give you the best of both worlds.

Pam

Upvote 0

Dwarful

put us in Lucky's catagory. We love WDW, but we have no desire to do the cruise. Although, it looks wonderful on the tv, just not for us.

Upvote 0

dizzyworld

disney world or cruise

if you deceide to do the land and sea then go for the 4 day cruise and do 3 days at disney, from what i have been told by people that have done both the 3 days cruise is not enough time it would be better doing the 4 day cruise. everyone raves about the cruise! Once you try it they say you will want to do the week long cruise from then on.I myself am planning on doing the cruise for my first time in 2009 and doing the 4 day is the way i will go.If you must deceide between just a cruise or just disney then since you have been to disney before then I say do the cruise! you wont regret it from all that I have heard and learned about it! go for it!:wave:

Upvote 0

tammycooley

My 9 yr old son and myself do both---we spend a week at the parks and then do a 4 day cruise---I have to say we are hopelessly hooked--but dont want to give up our time in the parks either. We have done a land/sea package but prefer to book ours seperate...I say give the cruise a try--you wont be disappointed at all!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Lucretia

I've done both the Disney cruise and WDW. Our cruise (first & only) was in Oct of 2004. It was wonderful. We spent 7 days in WDW and 3 days on the cruise since we weren't sure we would like it. I have to say, tho, if I had to choose one or the other- I'd totally pick WDW over the cruise. While beautiful, entertaining, and absolutely "Disney" it just wasn't the same as having park-hopping freedom. Give me WDW anyday!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Everyone's different. We go back to WDW over and over, but have absolutely no interest in the cruise.

We are the same way. The land/sea package would be great if you really are undecided. Our family on the other hand, really love just doing wdw so we wouldn't do the cruise.

Upvote 0

KYMouseFan

I just got the cruise planning DVD in the mail yesterday. We are trying to decide the same. We've been to WDW the past two June's and possibly going back in March/April for spring break. But we are also thinking about the 4-day cruise in June too. I was thinking of trying the 4-day first and see how we like it. Like what was said above, I don't think 3 days will be enough. My one and only other cruise was a 4-day on my senior trip in HS. DW and DD have never been on a cruise before. We are also trying to talk our close friends into the cruise too. If we like it, then we can try a 7-day. My would love to go to the Mexican Riveria. (Watched too many Love Boat episodes I guess :lookaroun ).

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
If it were me, I would book the shorter cruise and still have a few days at wdw as well.

Ditto.

Don't book the land & sea package, it's a lot of money for a lot of fluff. Just book a cruise and a WDW stay separately.

I have a hard time imagining anyone not being interested in the cruise. It's unlimited amazing food 24 hours a day, with free room service! Anytime I think of "cruise" my mouth waters. :lol:

I guess if you're not one that cares for eating too much, then stick with the parks. I am personally stressing over how I'm going to be able to eat everything I want to eat in only 3 days! :lol:

Oh and did I mention FREE BABYSITTING?

Upvote 0

SallyShine

I'm guessing the people that say they would never do the cruise haven't done a DISNEY cruise. It is the most fabulous vacation you will ever take. Seriously. We loved it. You can't compare it to any other cruise line. We took a RC cruise over spring break and the kids complained the whole time that it wasn't nearly as good as a Disney cruise (it was, however, about 1/3 the cost). Try the cruise, you won't be sorry.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I also think the land and sea is a good choice if you are uncertain. Our kids wanted to do a cruise and DW could see no reason to voluntarily leave perfectly good land.
All had a great time and as soon as we were home DW was looking into 7 day packages...:rolleyes:

While it's definitely Disney, it is also very different and you would benefit from some preplanning before you go. Shows and activities every night, food was great, special activities for all age groups. The kids would have been happy just staying at Castaway Cay.

Upvote 0

mickeymouse2818

I would do as the others are saying, book a land and sea package. Personally I adore the cruise!! I always have so much fun going on the Disney cruise because of the many times that I have gone, I've made lots of friends and not with just the guests but with the crew as well. If you want to know the meaning of the Disney service, book a cruise :)

Upvote 0

elcodfish

Dcl

It is MUCH cheaper to book a WDW room seperate from the Cruise instead of booking a land and sea package. Transfers to the ship are $35 per person...

I was looking forward to the cruise, but it was my husband who really wanted it because he was disneyed out... I have to say it was amazing, and we are booked on one for November and the 15 day cruise from Florida to LA and I can't wait!!! Our cruise was 7 days and we still didn't get to do everything, so I would suggest the 4 day at least...

Erica

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

Since I'm not a "Vacation" wdw-visitor, my recommendation is the cruise. I'm not sure if it's because I can visit WDW whenever I please or if it's because the cruise is really that amazing, but I do find the cruise to be a much more relaxing and satisfying vaction. And for my dollar, the cruise has great band for the buck considering entertainment, lodging, food, and so on are all included, where as if I were visiting WDW as a guest, that would all be paid for separately.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom