Disney World NY

S.I.R. the Robot

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Redoing a thread on DIS I made when I was 11, this is a hypothetical Disney park located somewhere in upstate NY.

The hub of the park would be Snow White's Castle, with Snow White's Grotto in front. From there, we would have...

Adventureland
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Tiki Room
  • Shrunken Ned's Junior River Boats
  • Tarzan's Treehouse
  • DINOSAUR
  • Golden Tiger Express (a kiddie coaster)
Frontierland
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Splash Mountain (Br'er Rabbit and pals would be shortened to "B Rabbit" so there won't be an outcry)
  • Tom Sawyer Island
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Woody's Finest Hour (a dark ride FINALLY bringing a conclusion to Woody's Roundup. At the end, there'd be a gift shop with replicas of merch from the movie for sale.)
New Orleans Square
  • Haunted Mansion (update: Constance is the main character entering the Mansion looking for her husband. It has a less silly approach.)
  • Hall of Presidents
  • Princess and the Frog: The Ride
  • New Orleans Square Riverboat
  • Mike Fink Keelboats
Fantasyland
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • It's a Small World
  • Snow White's Adventures (cross between 1971 WDW and 1955 DL versions, especially the former; but has moments from the 1994 WDW and 1983/2021 DL versions)
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Pinocchio's Daring Journey
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
  • Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Prince Charming's Royal Carrousel
  • Mickey's Philarmagic
  • Princess Fairytale Hall
Tomorrowland
  • Space Mountain
  • Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters
  • ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
  • The Timekeeper
  • Astro Orbiter
  • Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
  • Star Tours
  • Honey I Shrunk the Audience
  • Tron Lightcycle Power Run
Mickey's Toontown
  • Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
  • Gadget's Go Coaster
  • DuckTales: The Quest for Treasure (dark ride based on the DuckTales video game)
  • Mickey's House
  • Minnie's House
  • Donald's Boat

MickeyMouse10

I got a nice alternative, if you want a Hall of Presidents replacement. I've been thinking that it could go in Disneyland. But it actually works perfectly with your version of New Orleans Square as well.

The Hall of Villains
----- (stageshow, similar to hall of presidents)
----- (Dr. Facilier hosts an animatronics show with Disney’s greatest Villains. Many of which sing their greatest hits like “Friends on the other side” and “Gaston”. To further show that it is his show. The host with the ghosts (friends) Dr. Facilier also sings the song “Cruella De Vil” for the dastardly diva.)

Goofy Ninja

Dinosaur is an different choice. I don't know if it is the right decision for Adventureland. It just seems like there are better options for it.

Everything else looks great other than that though.

Snow Queen 83

Toy Story would be a great dark ride. I don't know why they don't have more Pixar Dark Rides. They're very popular. The only one I can think of is Monsters Inc. Though I suppose Radiators Springs Racer is a bit of one as well.

Goofy Ninja

Toy Story would be a great dark ride. I don't know why they don't have more Pixar Dark Rides. They're very popular. The only one I can think of is Monsters Inc. Though I suppose Radiators Springs Racer is a bit of one as well.

Yeah, I'm a big Pixar guy. It's weird they haven't capitalized on their long list of films. ....When it comes to a dark ride. But they have done other types of rides with the IP's and even whole lands.

The Great Gonzo

The only thing I can see as a problem is the weather and temperatures. But France has been able to continue having success with their parks, despite their snowy winters.

The weather however has prevent them from having certain rides like Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain.

Last edited:

Disney Dad 3000

Yeah, I'm a big Pixar guy. It's weird they haven't capitalized on their long list of films. ....When it comes to a dark ride. But they have done other types of rides with the IP's and even whole lands.

It is odd with Pixar as you said, with as many films as they've done, but weird too looking at their franchise list and over half of their films are part of multi film franchises. Ratatouille and Nemo (but not really) being the only others that kind of fit the bill. Wall-E, Brave, Up, Coco & Inside Out all with solid fodder for good dark rides in various types of lands/parks. I've got an Incredibles dark ride I've worked on that will see the light of day sometime over the next few months.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Redoing a thread on DIS I made when I was 11, this is a hypothetical Disney park located somewhere in upstate NY.

The hub of the park would be Snow White's Castle, with Snow White's Grotto in front. From there, we would have...

Adventureland
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Tiki Room
  • Shrunken Ned's Junior River Boats
  • Tarzan's Treehouse
  • DINOSAUR
  • Golden Tiger Express (a kiddie coaster)
Frontierland
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Splash Mountain (Br'er Rabbit and pals would be shortened to "B Rabbit" so there won't be an outcry)
  • Tom Sawyer Island
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Woody's Finest Hour (a dark ride FINALLY bringing a conclusion to Woody's Roundup. At the end, there'd be a gift shop with replicas of merch from the movie for sale.)
New Orleans Square
  • Haunted Mansion (update: Constance is the main character entering the Mansion looking for her husband. It has a less silly approach.)
  • Hall of Presidents
  • Princess and the Frog: The Ride
  • New Orleans Square Riverboat
  • Mike Fink Keelboats
Fantasyland
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • It's a Small World
  • Snow White's Adventures (cross between 1971 WDW and 1955 DL versions, especially the former; but has moments from the 1994 WDW and 1983/2021 DL versions)
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Pinocchio's Daring Journey
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
  • Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Prince Charming's Royal Carrousel
  • Mickey's Philarmagic
  • Princess Fairytale Hall
Tomorrowland
  • Space Mountain
  • Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters
  • ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
  • The Timekeeper
  • Astro Orbiter
  • Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
  • Star Tours
  • Honey I Shrunk the Audience
  • Tron Lightcycle Power Run
Mickey's Toontown
  • Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
  • Gadget's Go Coaster
  • DuckTales: The Quest for Treasure (dark ride based on the DuckTales video game)
  • Mickey's House
  • Minnie's House
  • Donald's Boat
What's very creepy about this - is that I dreamt up a VERY similar idea, when I was 11. Even the castle is the same 😱

The Colonel

Borscht Belt Resort & Spa Revisited

If you like Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa, then you are going to love:

Disney’s new Borscht Belt Resort and Spa celebrating the spirit of the 1960’s resorts of the Catskill Mountains in Upstate New York. Each building pays tribute to a different vintage Catskill’s resort; Kutchners, Grossingers, The Concord, and others.

For entertainment, you’ll be regaled in the evenings by hack comics and washed-up lounge singers at Disney’s new state-of-the-art, night club, “Mickey’s Joint” where you'll be urged to “try the veal”,” tip your waiters” and “drive carefully.” Get your dance on at the Saturday night dirty dancing contest where you may have the time of your life.

For outdoor entertainment, try skiing on our man-made snow on our man-made mountain. Central Florida’s finest skiing is found at Disney’s Borscht Belt Resort and Spa. Then curl up at the lodge in front of the fire with a hot chocolate.

All resort rooms are bungalow style with running hot and cold water, flushable toilets and modular shower stalls. Luxuriate on our pull-out couches and stretch your toes on the vintage carpets.

And best of all, it’s all just a 90 minute bus ride to any Disney Park.

Disney’s Borscht Belt Resort and Spa, where the spirit of the 1960’s Catskills resorts still lives.

Sv1VulOh.jpg

Last edited:

PrinceCharming617

Borscht Belt Resort & Spa Revisited

If you like Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa, then you are going to love:

Disney’s new Borscht Belt Resort and Spa celebrating the spirit of the 1960’s resorts of the Catskill Mountains in Upstate New York. Each building pays tribute to a different vintage Catskill’s resort; Kutchners, Grossingers, The Concord, and others.

For entertainment, you’ll be regaled in the evenings by hack comics and washed-up lounge singers at Disney’s new state-of-the-art, night club, “Mickey’s Joint” where you'll be urged to “try the veal”,” tip your waiters” and “drive carefully.” Get your dance on at the Saturday night dirty dancing contest where you may have the time of your life.

For outdoor entertainment, try skiing on our man-made snow on our man-made mountain. Central Florida’s finest skiing is found at Disney’s Borscht Belt Resort and Spa. Then curl up at the lodge in front of the fire with a hot chocolate.

All resort rooms are bungalow style with running hot and cold water, flushable toilets and modular shower stalls. Luxuriate on our pull-out couches and stretch your toes on the vintage carpets.

And best of all, it’s all just a 90 minute bus ride to any Disney Park.

Disney’s Borscht Belt Resort and Spa, where the spirit of the 1960’s Catskills resorts still lives.

Sv1VulOh.jpg

I'm sure I'd have the time of my life there.

Snow Queen 83

It would be interesting what approach this resort would go with, when it comes to their resorts. France has really gone with American themed resorts. Perhaps this area could go with other countries.

Rambozo

I'd love to see an indoors version of a Disney park.

They could really control the temperature and elements. The structure would have to be massive, but it could have solar panels on the roof to help with electricity costs.

The Great Gonzo

I'd love to see an indoors version of a Disney park.

They could really control the temperature and elements. The structure would have to be massive, but it could have solar panels on the roof to help with electricity costs.

Logistically it wouldn't be worth it unless they took an already built abandoned mall.

GimpYancIent

The old world's fair site now Flushing Meadows Corona Park could be a possible location. However, due to the weather of the region canopy and enclosure designs would be needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom