Disney world must do’s

Chef Mickey

Also because I'm bored, here are my personal top 5 skips for each park. (Keep in mind a lot of long term WDW history fans will get butt hurt by some of these. Specifically, really old rides that only EXTREME Disney history fanboys love.) (Keep in mind, most of these ARE good for escaping crowds, though. They're just boring to average park guests.)

MK-
1). Enchanted Tiki Room
2). Carousel of Progress
3). Tom Sawyer Island
4). Stitch's Great Escape
5). Peter Pan's Flight

EPCOT-
1). Reflections of China
2). Innoventions
3). The Seas with Nemo & Friends ride (Check out the aquarium though!)
4). Mission: Space - Green
5). Journey Into Imagination with Figment/Pixar Film Festival

HS -
1). Star Wars Launch Bay (Unless you're a die hard SW fan)
2). Star Wars: Path of the Jedi (Even if you're a die hard SW fan)
3). Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away (It's just a parade of star wars characters, essentially.

Basically if you're a major star wars nerd, you'll be fine with the above. Not too much you should miss at HS otherwise! Little Mermaid is a decent show, star tours is fun if you don't get motion sickness, and muppet*vision is always a hoot.

AK -
1). Conservation Station
2). TriceraTop Spin
3). Na'vi River Journey (IF YOU DONT HAVE A FP+. It's worth a FP+, but not worth a 60-90 minute wait.)
4). Wildlife Express Train
5). Kali River Rapids
I don’t advise ever listening to people that have a skip list.

You’re paying a lot to be there, traveling, etc. Do everything you’ve never done at least a couple times and THEN decide what to skip. You might end up loving stuff you never saw.

Any other strategy is insane.

I do almost everything on this silly list and love them all.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I don’t advise ever listening to people that have a skip list.

You’re paying a lot to be there, traveling, etc. Do everything you’ve never done at least a couple times and THEN decide what to skip. You might end up loving stuff you never saw.

Any other strategy is insane.

I do almost everything on this silly list and love them all.

Like I said... The butt hurt will be butt hurt.. and opinions are merely opinions.

KellBelle

We were there the first week of December. We sort of breezed through the world showcase in Epcot and now after reading posts and seeing all that we missed, I am sorry that we did not give it more time. We did eat at Via Napoli and loved it! We also did not plan a rest day and we regretted that also. We were traveling with friends who have 2 kids (we don't), so looking back the pace was sort of rush, rush. I wish we had slowed down and taken more time to really enjoy everything there was to do. We already can't wait to go back! You will have a great time just being there. Enjoy!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Ride the monorail, take the ferry boat across Seven Seas Lagoon, ride the friendship boats in Epcot, take a resort boat to WL or GF... in other words, experience the various modes of transportation, including the trains in MK. Walt would want you to do that.

Jedi Stitch

As much as you can. My preference is going to MK on the first day. It just make me feel I'm here at Disney, walking into the tunnel under the Rail Road hearing the Main street USA Music and seeing the Castle just make me feel the trip really started. We then went to DAK, DHS, EPCOT in that order. Once you have been to each park, you then can hit the parks you want to hit. I wish I had spent more than a day at Epcot, so much to see. We only had seven days, so we did MK,DAK, DHS again. WE had park hopper so once we FP the parks we planned we started to figure out to go to other places.

Chef Mickey

Like I said... The butt hurt will be butt hurt.. and opinions are merely opinions.
There is no butt hurt. I didn't invent or build any of the attractions on your list. My contention is with the very philosophy of relying on others to determine what is worth your time instead of just doing it and deciding for yourself, particularly with 9 days and on attractions with no wait.

To get specific, you advised against doing Carousel of Progress. Can I just say LOL? It takes 20 minutes, never has a line, and is about the most quintessential Walt Disney attraction at any Disney property. To just skip it, even if you end up hating it, is just a terrible idea. You only know you want to skip it because you saw it. Advise others to do the same.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
The Carousel of Progress IS on my must DO list....every visit.:angelic: In all the parks....my MUST miss....would be Stitch.:bored:

righttrack

Don't look for "instagram moments". There are tons of pictures already on the internet. Live in the moment, enjoy the experiences and get informed before you go. You're in the right place for that!

J_Carioca

I don't agree with the "do everything you can" approach (although I have done it myself many times). The reality is, you're not going to do/see everything in one trip.

And as others have said, one person's "must-do" is another person's waste of time. I think it's also smart to think about what are overall priorities for you. For some people, food is a really big deal. For others, it's fuel, something to grab quickly and then move on to the next show or ride. If food is a big deal, look at the menus that you can see online and get a sense of a couple of places you'd like to try. If it's not a big deal for you, anticipate that you'll be eating some burgers or sandwiches from the counter service places (many of which are really good). Disney does have good restaurants but so does the rest of the world, and the rest of the world doesn't have Splash Mountain, so if forced, I'd pick SM. But that's my priority.

Are the parades and fireworks important for you? For some people, they are absolutely essential. You will have to deal with crowds and standing around waiting if you want "the perfect spot" to see parades and fireworks. Is it worth it? Maybe you'd rather use that time to go on one of the busier rides. Only you have an idea of what you want to do.

Attractions - is this a priority? What about rides versus shows? Personally, shows were never a priority for me until probably my fifth or sixth trip. Up to that point I prioritized the rides over everything else. Now, I enjoy the change of pace and the relaxation that comes with taking in a show. Again, only you know what's a priority.

Most of all, I would say to walk around and let some things happen naturally. You will stumble across great stuff even if you don't have a schedule. Don't run across the park trying desperately to keep up with fastpass appointments. I'm repeating myself, but it's true: you can't possibly do everything, but that's okay. I wouldn't approach it as a list of things to cross off; it's a holiday. Walk into the Magic Kingdom and see where the day takes you.

matt9112

seems like all the big stuff is mentioned so let me mention some of my smaller recommendations. (some have been mentioned)

biergarden in Germany pavilion is amazing for the atmosphere (the food is good but not best) get a pint or two and sing along!

The rose and crown dining room at the British pavilion is not only really decent food but one of my fav easy to get reservations or walk up. this time a year sit on the patio.

viva napolie (could have spelled it wrong) is another albeit pricey but great place to eat at epcot. tucked in the back of the Italian pavilion the large dining hall is amazing and the pizza is no joke. (try the calamari too)

if your at the magic kingdom early enough riding the double decker down main street is a treat that is worth it at least once.
While we are talking MK rope drop two of the headliners. this is the only park I beg you to rope drop for your own enjoyment due to crowds and ride count. run right over to big thunder and splash and wait in no line for either or make it to Peter pan for a short wait. (my money is on the former but I avoid fantasyland like the plague) don't forget to see the country bear jamboree and the Swiss family Robinson tree house. two classics that I used to mock but now appreciate dearly.

at animal kingdom spend some extra time in Africa. eat lunch at the street marketplace off to the right. (a wide,selection of affordable quick service with flavor) enjoy the drummers in the square they are very good.

don't FP shows unless you REALLY want too. many attractions don't even need FP but it exsists to sucker you in.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
There is no butt hurt. I didn't invent or build any of the attractions on your list. My contention is with the very philosophy of relying on others to determine what is worth your time instead of just doing it and deciding for yourself, particularly with 9 days and on attractions with no wait.

To get specific, you advised against doing Carousel of Progress. Can I just say LOL? It takes 20 minutes, never has a line, and is about the most quintessential Walt Disney attraction at any Disney property. To just skip it, even if you end up hating it, is just a terrible idea. You only know you want to skip it because you saw it. Advise others to do the same.

Yep. Butt hurt.

As a poster above said, and MYSELF, one person's must-do is another's waste of time. Have a magical day.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom