Disney world must do’s

dreamfinder

If you haven't already planned ADRs and FP+ reservations then the must dos most people here would give you would result in long lines.
That said, the things that WDW does that are unique - Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Carousel of Progress. Epcot - Spaceship Earth, Soarin, Test Track, American Adventure. DHS - ToT, Toy Story, Muppetvision. AK - Everything.
Food - Anything at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Most of the newer restaurants at Disney Springs. Most of the non-park signature dining. Tiffins, Be Our Guest (mostly for the atmosphere), anything in Morocco, character dining just for the characters not for the food.

Ted Daggett

For the first time this past December, I rented a Bayliner boat from the Polynesian marina, and drove the boat around the 7 seas lagoon and Bay Lake(without a cast member). It was relatively inexpensive -- $45 for 30 min, but that is for the boat... you can put 6 people on the boat. The boat was comfortable for 6, however it has a small engine. I think we went at most 5 mph. It took us about 40 minutes to do one large loop of 7 seas lagoon and Bay Lake, and stop in front of the castle for some pictures for a little bit. The nice thing is that they charge you in 5 min increments with no penalty if you go over the 30 min. I believe that they also have a Pontoon boat that can hold 10 people for the same price. I liked being in control of the boat and to go any where we wanted, and got some great views that you normally wouldn't get.

I also recommend getting a Dole Whip ice cream from the polynesian while you are there for the boat rental (you can also get it in MK behind the Aladdin Flying Carpets).

Dutch Inn '76

Do as much as you can!!

I don't mean to single you out Barbossa... but as a WDW frequenter, I have moved past this idea. I used to be the guy running from thing to thing, checking off a list of "must dos." NO LONGER. I'm just happy to be there now. There's nothing I have to do in a given day. During any given trip, I would like to eat at the Biergarten, ride Haunted Mansion and sing along with the "birdies" in the Tiki Room. Everything else is just gravy. I enjoy finding the barbershop quartet on Main Street or the lunatics on the streets at Disney Studios more than anything now. Oh, and don't miss the new-ish Muppet shows in Liberty Square. There are two of them, and they are excellent. :)

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

I don't mean to single you out, Barbossa. but as a WDW frequenter, I have moved past this idea. I used to be the guy running from thing to thing, checking off a list of "must dos." NO LONGER. I'm just happy to be there now. There's nothing I have to do in a given day. During any given trip, I would like to eat at the Biergarten, ride Haunted Mansion and sing along with the "birdies" in the Tiki Room. Everything else is just gravy. I enjoy finding the barbershop quartet on Main Street or the lunatics on the streets at Disney Studios more than anything now. Oh, and don't miss the new-ish Muppet shows in Liberty Square. There are two of them, and they are excellent. :)
Not singling me out at all!! Everyone is different and it depends on the OP's schedule and what they like. But what should I know? I'm not a "WDW frequenter" like you. :)

P.S.
Nice punctuation at the beginning!!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I am going to Walt Disney world in 9 days and I want to know what everyone must dos are while they are there. This includes food, experiences, attractions and anything else.
My personal top 5 for each park (in order of importance)! This is all opinion based tho.

MK-
1). Splash/Thunder/Space Mountain (Squeezed them all here as a given.)
2). 7 Dwarves Mine Train
3). Laugh Floor Comedy Club
4). Mickey's Philharmagic
5). The PeopleMover (Don't question it! You'll appreciate it. I swear. Go on it when the park gets busy.)

EPCOT-
1). Test Track
2). The American Adventure
3). Soarin'
4). Mission: Space - Orange
5). Mexico Pavilion (Go inside the building. It's so cool! Also, ride the little boat ride!)

HS-
1). Tower of Terror
2). Rockin' Roller Coaster
3). Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage
4). Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
5). Toy Story Mania

AK-
1). Avatar: Flight of Passage
2). Kilimanjaro Safaris
3). DINOSAUR
4). Mount Everest
5). Finding Nemo: The Musical

DINING (Assuming no budget problems. Also keep in mind these are personal opinions.)

MK -
Crystal Palace

EPCOT -
Biergarten

HS -
Sci-Fi Dine In

AK -
Rainforest Cafe (Technically not in the park. But my family always goes. It's a must for us. VOLCANO CAKE!!!!!)

Make sure to try out Club Cool at EPCOT! You get to taste cocacola drink samples from around the world for free!

WondersOfLife

Also because I'm bored, here are my personal top 5 skips for each park. (Keep in mind a lot of long term WDW history fans will get butt hurt by some of these. Specifically, really old rides that only EXTREME Disney history fanboys love.) (Keep in mind, most of these ARE good for escaping crowds, though. They're just boring to average park guests.)

MK-
1). Enchanted Tiki Room
2). Carousel of Progress
3). Tom Sawyer Island
4). Stitch's Great Escape
5). Peter Pan's Flight

EPCOT-
1). Reflections of China
2). Innoventions
3). The Seas with Nemo & Friends ride (Check out the aquarium though!)
4). Mission: Space - Green
5). Journey Into Imagination with Figment/Pixar Film Festival

HS -
1). Star Wars Launch Bay (Unless you're a die hard SW fan)
2). Star Wars: Path of the Jedi (Even if you're a die hard SW fan)
3). Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away (It's just a parade of star wars characters, essentially.

Basically if you're a major star wars nerd, you'll be fine with the above. Not too much you should miss at HS otherwise! Little Mermaid is a decent show, star tours is fun if you don't get motion sickness, and muppet*vision is always a hoot.

AK -
1). Conservation Station
2). TriceraTop Spin
3). Na'vi River Journey (IF YOU DONT HAVE A FP+. It's worth a FP+, but not worth a 60-90 minute wait.)
4). Wildlife Express Train
5). Kali River Rapids

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My personal top 5 for each park (in order of importance)! This is all opinion based tho.

MK-
1). Splash/Thunder/Space Mountain (Squeezed them all here as a given.)
2). 7 Dwarves Mine Train
3). Laugh Floor Comedy Club
4). Mickey's Philharmagic
5). The PeopleMover (Don't question it! You'll appreciate it. I swear. Go on it when the park gets busy.)

EPCOT-
1). Test Track
2). The American Adventure
3). Soarin'
4). Mission: Space - Orange
5). Mexico Pavilion (Go inside the building. It's so cool! Also, ride the little boat ride!)

HS-
1). Tower of Terror
2). Rockin' Roller Coaster
3). Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage
4). Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
5). Toy Story Mania

AK-
1). Avatar: Flight of Passage
2). Kilimanjaro Safaris
3). DINOSAUR
4). Mount Everest
5). Finding Nemo: The Musical

DINING (Assuming no budget problems. Also keep in mind these are personal opinions.)

MK -
Crystal Palace

EPCOT -
Biergarten

HS -
Sci-Fi Dine In

AK -
Rainforest Cafe (Technically not in the park. But my family always goes. It's a must for us. VOLCANO CAKE!!!!!)

Make sure to try out Club Cool at EPCOT! You get to taste cocacola drink samples from around the world for free!

I like Rainforest, but if we are talking must-do's, skip it and go over to AK lodge for either Jiko or Boma.

WondersOfLife

I like Rainforest, but if we are talking must-do's, skip it and go over to AK lodge for either Jiko or Boma.
I've never been! I'll try that out next time. For AK specifically, Rainforest is the only fancy sit down meal we've ever done. I've been just about everywhere at the other 3 parks tho.

As far as counter service though, that new restaurant in Avatarland is SO good. The food portions are life.

JIMINYCR

MUST DO'S are very expansive...
Must ride all the top atractions multiple times. Must take advantage of EMH's. Must have dole whip, turkey leg, and snack items from shops & snack carts. Must dine at BOG, Crystal Palace, LaHacienda, Yak & Yeti and all our favorite dining spots. Must visit all the countries pavilions in WS. Must watch all fireworks shows. Must watch 1 parade with DW ( I cant stand parades but do this once for husband points). Must do one thing that makes this trip unique... tour, event etc. Must pin trade throughout my trip. Must visit all the shops in DS. Must bring home souvenirs to add to my Disney room. Must bring home Disney snacks. Must visit Cindarellas wishing well and make wish for a return trip at the end of this trip. Must go home totally exhausted and pleased that I did everything I wanted to do. Must start planning for next trip.

JohnD

Also because I'm bored, here are my personal top 5 skips for each park. (Keep in mind a lot of long term WDW history fans will get butt hurt by some of these. Specifically, really old rides that only EXTREME Disney history fanboys love.) (Keep in mind, most of these ARE good for escaping crowds, though. They're just boring to average park guests.)

MK-
1). Enchanted Tiki Room
2). Carousel of Progress
3). Tom Sawyer Island
4). Stitch's Great Escape
5). Peter Pan's Flight

EPCOT-
1). Reflections of China
2). Innoventions
3). The Seas with Nemo & Friends ride (Check out the aquarium though!)
4). Mission: Space - Green
5). Journey Into Imagination with Figment/Pixar Film Festival

HS -
1). Star Wars Launch Bay (Unless you're a die hard SW fan)
2). Star Wars: Path of the Jedi (Even if you're a die hard SW fan)
3). Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away (It's just a parade of star wars characters, essentially.

Basically if you're a major star wars nerd, you'll be fine with the above. Not too much you should miss at HS otherwise! Little Mermaid is a decent show, star tours is fun if you don't get motion sickness, and muppet*vision is always a hoot.

AK -
1). Conservation Station
2). TriceraTop Spin
3). Na'vi River Journey (IF YOU DONT HAVE A FP+. It's worth a FP+, but not worth a 60-90 minute wait.)
4). Wildlife Express Train
5). Kali River Rapids

Here are mine (trying to pick those you can definitely avoid and not really miss anything):

MK
  1. Aladdin Carpets (Same as Dumbo. Different theme)
  2. Stitch
  3. Barnstormer (better experience at 7 Dwarfs)
  4. Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
  5. Tom Sawyer Island (tried to leave this off but you really can skip it and not miss much)
NOTE: Yes, I purposely kept shows (Country Bears, Tiki Room, HOP, Carousel, etc.) on my list as they have something that is unique to MK and are mostly "classic Disney" attractions.

Epcot
  1. Character Spot
  2. Journey into Imagination with Figment
  3. Canada Circlevision 360 (I personally like China's better. Go see it soon as it will be replaced).
  4. Pixar Film Festival
  5. Finding Nemo (yeah, have to agree. You're just looking at screens. Do the rest of the pavilion, though)
HS
  1. Little Mermaid show
  2. Path of the Jedi (just a short movie about Luke)
  3. Disney Jr. (unless you have little children then really no point in visiting)
I stop at three for HS because half the park is closed right now and you would run out of things to do with the more things you skip. So might as well go see SW Launch Bay. March of the Good Order is just a show at the hub. So hang out and watch it at almost any hour you want. A surprisingly good attraction is the Frozen Sing Along. You may think it's a just kiddie thing. Well, it does have that at children's level. But like Pixar movies, it can be enjoyed at an adult level. Lots of inside-joke humor that only adults would get. The two hosts are hilarious. You won't be disappointed.

AK
  1. Triceratops Spin
  2. Wildife Express Train/Conservation Station (I count this as one attraction. I think you have to disembark anyway at Conservation Station)
  3. Rivers of Light (more like Fantasmic, you have to either line up or get VIP restaurant/FP+ access for this, so I count it as an attraction. If you must do it, do it once to get it out of the way. Don't ever need to go back)
  4. Kali River Rapids (tried to leave it off the list. But it's way too wet and way too short.)
  5. Character Outpost
I wouldn't include Navi River Journey as a "skip it". I would say it's not worth standing in line for hours, though. Either do it a rope drop. Or, if you must see Rivers of Light, make a beeline for it when the show was over. It was "walk-on" after I left ROL. I also can't speak to wait time during ROL. But I assume somewhat shorter. Maybe if 30 minutes or less, get in line.

WondersOfLife

Here are mine (trying to pick those you can definitely avoid and not really miss anything):

MK
  1. Aladdin Carpets (Same as Dumbo. Different theme)
  2. Stitch
  3. Barnstormer (better experience at 7 Dwarfs)
  4. Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
  5. Tom Sawyer Island (tried to leave this off but you really can skip it and not miss much)
NOTE: Yes, I purposely kept shows (Country Bears, Tiki Room, HOP, Carousel, etc.) on my list as they have something that is unique to MK and are mostly "classic Disney" attractions.

Epcot
  1. Character Spot
  2. Journey into Imagination with Figment
  3. Canada Circlevision 360 (I personally like China's better. Go see it soon as it will be replaced).
  4. Pixar Film Festival
  5. Finding Nemo (yeah, have to agree. You're just looking at screens. Do the rest of the pavilion, though)
HS
  1. Little Mermaid show
  2. Path of the Jedi (just a short movie about Luke)
  3. Disney Jr. (unless you have little children then really no point in visiting)
I stop at three for HS because half the park is closed right now and you would run out of things to do with the more things you skip. So might as well go see SW Launch Bay. March of the Good Order is just a show at the hub. So hang out and watch it at almost any hour you want. A surprisingly good attraction is the Frozen Sing Along. You may think it's a just kiddie thing. Well, it does have that at children's level. But like Pixar movies, it can be enjoyed at an adult level. Lots of inside-joke humor that only adults would get. The two hosts are hilarious. You won't be disappointed.

AK
  1. Triceratops Spin
  2. Wildife Express Train/Conservation Station (I count this as one attraction. I think you have to disembark anyway at Conservation Station)
  3. Rivers of Light (more like Fantasmic, you have to either line up or get VIP restaurant/FP+ access for this, so I count it as an attraction. If you must do it, do it once to get it out of the way. Don't ever need to go back)
  4. Kali River Rapids (tried to leave it off the list. But it's way too wet and way too short.)
  5. Character Outpost
I wouldn't include Navi River Journey as a "skip it". I would say it's not worth standing in line for hours, though. Either do it a rope drop. Or, if you must see Rivers of Light, make a beeline for it when the show was over. It was "walk-on" after I left ROL. I also can't speak to wait time during ROL. But I assume somewhat shorter. Maybe if 30 minutes or less, get in line.

Everything is all a matter of opinion, in the end. You never know what you might consider a must do yourself, and a skip yourself as well. Honestly, just try to do everything! Do whatever comes naturally.

jpinkc

All the rides!!!

Dinning

MK Liberty Tree Tavern! (excellent we eat here every trip)
MK Casey's Corner, My son and I like the hot dogs.
MK Crystal Palace
DONT EAT AT TONY'S!!!! ICK imho
MK Columbia Harbor House is good Quick Serv

Epcot
Rose and Crown
Biergarten
Teppan Edo lots of fun
Akershus was good
Kring La Bakery

Hollywood Studios
Sci Fi Dine
50's Prime Time Cafe
Mama Melrose but its been a couple years.

AK
Tusker House
Yak and Yeti's (kids didnt like main menu wife and I do)

Disney Springs This would be insane list but simple
Ragland Road
Art Smith's Homecoming
Paddlefish (but I still miss Fultons)
The Boathouse

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom