Disney World Music

disneyfan123

Original Poster
Hello everyone i was just sitting at home watching some old videos which we shot at Disney World and i started wondering whether or not you can buy or record a cd at WDW which has the sounds from around the parks / sounds or songs from rides on them???? Does anyone know whether this is possible???? If so where in the 'world' can you buy these cds???

I look forward to any replies!
*only 37 days to go* (so close and yet so far......)
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

all_good_chic

ofcourse you can buy that music. Last time i was at WDW there were carts set up all over the place (one was outside the haunted mansion) where you could make your own C.D. with all different disney music including themes from the park. I'm not sure but i thinks on some of the disney C.d.s in stores you can find a few themes from the parks as well.:)

General Grizz

Sadly enough, Walt Disney World Forever - which you are talking about - has been discontinued.

The only way now is Official Albums - or by trading online.

Feel free to IM me at TERRENCE68 on AIM - www.aim.com - and I'll send you (hopefully) any sound file you might want.

leeocean

In the Kodak place when you first come in on Main Street, you used to be able to make your own CD of Disney music. There was one at the Imagination Station too. I made one of the Haunted Mansion music. Really pretty cool. But the pre-made Cds are scattered in the gift shops and the kiosks. They are pretty hard to miss.

General Grizz

I did. At the time, it was HEAVEN. :)

I have 5 CDs - all of the tracks are not very rare to me today considering Internet....

But, hey, it's Disney. And it's classic music. It is worth more ;)

DisneyDadMark

Cutey, "Baroque Hoedown" is still the theme music for the Main Street Electrical Parade. However, MSEP has been shipped to California and now runs as Disney's Electrical Parade at DCA. WDW now runs SpectroMagic, which is a pretty cool parade. The music is catchy, but I can't listen to it as often as Baroque Hoedown. (Though I am listening to it at this moment.)

DisneyDadMark

Grizz, I'm with you. I definitely would've gone $20 each for a couple of them. I was hoping to burn a CD with the entire Main Street loop when I go down in November. I guess that ain't gonna happen now. :(

Oh, well. Maybe I can get someone to do a "Disneyland Forever" CD for me with the same music, if they're still doing it in California.

I knew I should've gone ahead and burned a couple in DL last May, even if my wife and son WERE waiting for me. :brick:

Thorphin

Well, right, $20 isn't much since classic Disney music is priceless and memorable, but I guess I'm just thinking with the Internet being a better (and ubiquitous) resource in the first place, the $20 gets expensive really quickly when I already have countless hours of music from the Internet (would you believe 60 minutes of the MK entrance loop?)... and much of it wasn't available on Disney Forever...

It is a shame though, because since people didn't pay for it, this further supports Disney's logic that music in the parks is expendable... boy do I miss Tomorrow's Child and Listen to the Land... good thing I bought the park cassette back in 91... (and downloaded and burned it to CD in 99...)

MKCustodial

Well, what about that place at Downtown Disney? Does that still exist? I remember I saw that in 99, but I paid no attention. Needless to say, I'm still kicking myself over that.... I'd love to have a CD with only Frontierland and Adventureland area music! Sure, you can look for stuff on the 'Net, but it's hard to discern between WDW and DL.

Beauty and the

DH visits a site called "soundsofmagic" you can download stuff of the site, also he goes on Kazaa.com ,there is tons of stuff on there including monorail spiel and announcements etc.

radioandy

disneyfan...here are a few other suggestions:
Call the World of Disney store in Orlando and ask for the Official WDW CD. They'll ship it to you. That's how I got mine.
On the web, there is plenty of great streaming music from the parks at Live365.com. Do a search for "Disney" or "Mouse."
You can also download music in the newsgroups at alt.binaries.multimedia.disney.
I have a pretty big collection of mp3s if there's anything in particular you're looking for.

:animwink:

BigNorm

Back in 2000 I bought the Walt Disney World official soundtrack. It included "Grim Grinning Ghosts," Yo Ho, Yo Ho A Pirates Life for Me," "Theme from the Twilight Zone ToT," and many other attraction themes. You used to be able to make a CD of your own theme songs at the Imagination pavilion in Epcot, but I don't know if they'll remove it in the renovation though.

disneyfan123

Original Poster
thanx 4 ur replies

Beauty: thanx 4 those sites aswell

radioandy: that is very kind thank u. I will try searching the net like u suggest.

*only 36 days to go*
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom