Disney world model

Gerg5

Original Poster
Has anybody tryed to make a model of one of the Disney parks or of all Disney world(I think i'ts impossible)? if yes i'd like to know if it works with tiny motors to get the rides moving.i'd also like to see a pic.

Pleez and Thanx

modelbuilder

my model

I am several months into my 1:400 scale model of the Magic Kingdom. So far it is still in the design stage, which is a very large portion of the total effort.
I started with a 20 inch by 20 inch color aerial photo of the MK and traced and blew it up over and over to get a 5 foot by 6 foot map that is the actual size of the model. i found over 1000 photos on the internet and took over 800 my self at MK. I used these to make a very accurate and detailed map of the park. I am now working on the 3 dimensional blue prints for each structure in the park.
all of the details will be etched in brass, from windows to park benches, people, etc.
the whole thing will go under a plexi glass cover and be similar to a large coffee table.
this scale will make the castle about 6 inches tall.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by SIR90210
WOW! Could you post pictures when you're done?

This thread is over a year old. He's probably been done for a long time, and is not an active member anymore.

johnson, I really ask that you stop bringing old threads back to life because they are confusing people and are getting on my nerves a little.

barnum42

If an old thread still has some relevance, then I personally see no harm in bringing the subject up again. Though this particular thread is not a good example of that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was mad enough 10 years ago to build an Epcot model... its 6 foot by 3 foot and now hangs on my landing wall. I started with Future world in 1990, then added World Showcase in 1994 - Hence the big join line through the Lagoon!! As I said, it was over 10 years ago!!

barnum42

Originally posted by marni1971
I was mad enough 10 years ago to build an Epcot model... its 6 foot by 3 foot and now hangs on my landing wall. I started with Future world in 1990, then added World Showcase in 1994 - Hence the big join line through the Lagoon!! As I said, it was over 10 years ago!!
Do you have a photo you could share with us? :D

JackSkellington

The way to have the miniature run rides is to take a small battery operater and build the ride on it. Like the thing that runs the Knex (Lego knockoff) break off the case and build from there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom