Disney World honors 22-year-old day-pass ticket

WDW1974

yes they should honor it no questions asked...but talk about great free publicity. They got more than $110 or whatever the day rate is now priced free publicity for the ticket, they could have easily turned her away and she would have likely never known the difference.

Well, no they couldn't have. Their tickets were always good forever. This 'fuse' deal or 'expiration' deal or whatever you want to call it is something from the last decade.

You can show up with a full book of A-E Tickets that cost $7 and they have to exchange it for a one-day pass. ... I was wondering why I kept seeing this in my feed. It shouldn't be news. It is SOP.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Neat! But she should not have been the least bit surprised that they "honored" her ticket. The ticket says it never expires, which means that it can be used as long as the company is in business, am I correct? They can't suddenly put an expiration date on something that said it would never expire when you bought it. I'm no lawyer, but if that wouldn't be illegal, it would certainly be wrong.

It would've been a far bigger story, at least in my eyes, if Disney didn't let her use the ticket.

That out of the way, this is a very nice story. I'm glad the CMs were nice and made it easy, and I'm glad she had a good day at the park. I wonder how many usable tickets this old are still floating around.

But but the big bad Disney empire is all about greed!

Retroman40

When I hear stories like this I wonder too how many of the old tickets they stamped the date on are sitting in drawers or in scrapbooks. Not sure if tickets would have been a good investment though. In August 1990 a 3 park 4 day ticket was 99.00 (if you belonged to the Magic Kingdom Club). Today that would be worth around 300 bucks (any ticket you exchanged it for wouldn't be for the AK, just what was open at the time the ticket was purchased). Disney stock was (split adjusted) right at 10 bucks and is worth around 100 today.

NowInc

I've done similar with older tickets many times...I just didn't feel like informing the media..lol. Whats cool is they will "stamp" your pass (voiding it once its redeemed, basically) so you can keep it as a souvenir. Its more common than you'd think as years ago muti-day ticket options weren't as flexable, so many would end up with days left on their hoppers.

Atomicmickey

Hm, I need to dig around in my archives. Might have a couple of those laying
around in the WDW collectibles bin. I have park maps all the way back to the mid
80's . . .

dstrawn9889

that is what
Neat! But she should not have been the least bit surprised that they "honored" her ticket. The ticket says it never expires, which means that it can be used as long as the company is in business, am I correct? They can't suddenly put an expiration date on something that said it would never expire when you bought it. I'm no lawyer, but if that wouldn't be illegal, it would certainly be wrong.

It would've been a far bigger story, at least in my eyes, if Disney didn't let her use the ticket.

That out of the way, this is a very nice story. I'm glad the CMs were nice and made it easy, and I'm glad she had a good day at the park. I wonder how many usable tickets this old are still floating around.
that is what Disney is worried about

rael ramone

A relative of mine had 2 days left on an old ticket (could have been as old as this ticket). Went down for a 4 day trip. There was an option to expand it to a 4 day park hopper, but it was much cheaper to just turn it in for a 2 day park hopper, then purchase another 2 day ticket.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well, no they couldn't have. Their tickets were always good forever. This 'fuse' deal or 'expiration' deal or whatever you want to call it is something from the last decade.

You can show up with a full book of A-E Tickets that cost $7 and they have to exchange it for a one-day pass. ... I was wondering why I kept seeing this in my feed. It shouldn't be news. It is SOP.

Just waiting for Disney to declare all those unused days VOID so they can 'unlock' that revenue for a bad quarter.

peachykeen

When I worked at the entrance a few years ago, I had a woman come with over 100 loose tickets out of her old A-E ticket books, and a couple transporation tickets as well from the 70s. Believe it or not, Disney still assigns a certain value to all of those. I counted up all her A-E tickets (there wasn't a complete book among them, otherwise I'd have told her to sell it on eBay), calculated their value based on the guidelines at the time, and vouchered that amount off of the 1D1P ticket she was purchasing. She paid the difference. If she had a complete ticket book (all A-E tickets, the transporation ticket and one other ticket that I can't recall), she'd have been entitled to a free park ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom