Disney World Hauntings

bigbadwolf

Originally posted by Tenny317
OMG....I thought I was the only one who got freaked out and would start crying on the ride. Like I don't let anybody see me but I def. still start crying at age 18. I can't so creeped out, it's a very scary experience. It's so hard to explain, almostlike why am I living, hopelessness, you know. So wierd......:lookaroun

And imagine that Disney has plans to get rid of parts of that ride...:rolleyes: For the NEW stuff...

bluesnut

OMG....I thought I was the only one who got freaked out and would start crying on the ride. Like I don't let anybody see me but I def. still start crying at age 18. I can't so creeped out, it's a very scary experience. It's so hard to explain, almostlike why am I living, hopelessness, you know. So wierd......:lookaroun

Oh I know and that song still brings back memories. Sometimes I get that same hopeless feeling in the middle of a spell of deaths, ie allot of famous people pass. I get this hopeless feeling until the flurry of passings is over.
-------------------------------------------------------
BIGBADWOLF

You mean West Point like Where the school is? There would be allot of ghost activity in that area. Plus Out east you get loads of that stuff because there has been so much more take place in terms of war and history.

--------------------------------------------------------

DSpear456

Not sure if this had been said yet, but on my personal tour of the Haunted Mansion at MK in the ballroom scene, there is a picture of a woman underneath the plate on the far right hand side of the table. The manager showed it to me and I read the inscription on the back, but I forgot exactly what it said. It was the mother of a cast member or guest who wanted her picture here when she died. If any one who has worked at the HM at MK could you refresh my memory as to what the picture said?

bigbadwolf

Originally posted by bluesnut
You mean West Point like Where the school is? There would be allot of ghost activity in that area. Plus Out east you get loads of that stuff because there has been so much more take place in terms of war and history.

-------------------------------------------------------- [/B]

Ohhhhh yea... ALLOT OF GHOST... A lady who worked at my dads hospital was a physic, she came over to my house once and said some man was in my basement-(Where I am Now:lookaroun )-She said he was dressed poorly, and died around the Great Depression. The time period that the houses where built where during that time, she never even knew how old my house was...

I dont want to brag about the history... but...
West Point is home of some allot of violent history...
Suicides-Hangings, Jumping off buildings, decapitations on railroad tracks, Accidents-Train, Car Crashes, Weapons going off, Drowning, Murder-A man shot and killed a cadet and his wife, A MP was murdered in the woods-Broken Neck, War and History, many people have come to west point since the Revolutionary War-So its not like you would expect a few dead guys from that time period.

Even the Middle School here is haunted by the old principle!
A cadet wearing his marching uniform walks the field by my house..
A semi truck from the 70s is seen at like 1am driving up my road and back, it puts on these blinding lights and has a very loud engine-Ive seen it before but not the driver... The driver is said to have half of his face because of his crash he had flying off the mountain and landing on the rocks below.
There is stories about some World War 1 soldier who asks people if they have seen his girlfriend.

So yea... there is more... lol

BenS

Do you mean that cause I am a horrible speller I found a program that I can spell check all my posts before they get sent.:pIE Spell spell check program

Cool! I'm actually an ok speller but I make mistakes every once in a while. I've always thought that if it's informal and people can still understand what you mean it's fine.

bigbadwolf

I like to add that my 22" TV just moved about 3 inchs... And yea.. I'm all alone in the basement...:lookaroun

And yes I heard it... I could hear the woods friction with the TVs movement...

That isnt the only things that move... The boiler room behind me has a old door that opens and closes. Inside... on the wall is a poster glued that has info about the old boiler from like the 1900s or something.

Lovecraft

I don't buy into the orb and vortex theory (I am working on a web page that explains the mechanics of them) when a flash on a handheld camera is used... I have yet to see any (save one) that has been captured without a flash...

BUT I am trying to compile stories of hauntings and haunted experiences at Disneyland and Disneyworld.

If you would like to add your story to the collection I am making, please send your experience (along with any pictures you may have of it) to lovecraft@wraithnet.org

I, my wife, and friends investigate haunted places. If you are interested in how we treat stories and our investigations, please see my website: Wraithnet.org and in particular my haunted louisiana web pages at:

Haunted Louisiana

As I said, I am collecting stories of hauntings at the Disney Themeparks, if you have any stories or information you would like to share for a web page I am developing please contact me.

Thanks,

Lovecraft

aim

OMG! How odd! I get the same exact feeling!! I always get freaked out. It's near the end of the ride. When you are going backwards. I always feel like life is hard to understand. The same feelings you get. Creepy!

Djali999

I've actually heard of a child who was killed in that area of the ride. 's the main reason I buy into possible hauntings in there, as opposed to, say, that kind of queasy feeling you can get in other parts of SSE which I think we can chalk up to infrasound. =)

Lovecraft: I'll pass along your website to my friend.

The areas I get creeped out in are:

Small World
POTC
HM (only the long hallway)
Spaceship Earth
Great Movie Ride (interestingly enough, not the Ripley AA...the area with the spinning light)
If you had wings (the fast room)

Celebration town center (I've been told by some that this area is an energy vortex)

There are also areas that I can only explain as feeling blank. The area that connects Frontierland and Adventureland feels that way to me.

FigmentJedi

I read somewhere that IASW is haunted by a child of a worker that was drowned in the water when the boats kept himnfrom surfacing for air. Now you can soetimes hear a child's cries for help, and sometimes his face trying to get a breath of air.

Slipknot

How about.... These places... Becuase this is where I get that awkward rush.

MK-
Where Mr. Toads Wild ride used to be? ... havent been there in years
Where the line for 20,000 leagues under the sea used to be located? ... same as above
The Thunder Mountain Railroad line?... i feel more on the actual ride itself than the line
The line down to the boats of Its a small world? ... i definitly feel something OUTSIDE of IASW.. havent been on that ride in a decade
The long tunnel line to inside of Space Mountain? ... i feel something more along the entrance of the trains to the lifts
Future land center area? if you mean tomorrowland.. then spaceM, ex-mission to mars/alien encounter building, and definitly a male presence in the CoP.. no i dont know if its Walt

MGM-
The Hunny I shrunk the kids movie set? ... nothing really
The backlot tour? only around the now gone resident street or whatever it was called
The sounds Dangerous Building? i felt something when it was Chevy Chase but now barley anything with Drew Carey.. have they changed it again?

Epcot-
The stairs leading up to the monerail? only monorail disturbance i can think of is the loading/unloading at MK
The old Fountain? yes.. what i dont know
Area outside under SE? more like the loading platform..it is under SE
Hunny I shrunk the audience entrance before seeing the kodak film? more like in the theater... was also there when imagination first opened and captain EO was still a twinkle in imagineers eyes
Inside Living Seas? definitly and more so in one of the tanks...

On a different note... the place that creeps me out outside of WDW is Washington D.C. especially the theater and house Lincoln was shot and died in... ive touched the bed he passed away in.

Zipadeedoodah

Originally posted by Static-X
Can you like separate the entities or can you just tell they are there. Also can you tell if they are guests workers or like pre existing spirits from before the park opened(like came with the land).

That I cannot tell. All I know is that they are there.

Here's a question, is it just limited to the MK? What about Epcot? Also, any news on wether or not those spirits are from those who died there, or just retured there?

Well WDWResort has a WHOLE lot of entities. But the MK has... shall we say more of a blanket of entities.

Epcot... Horizons has had its share.. but since they tore the building down and I havent been on MS yet... you get the idea. SE I cant really tell but i always, always(!!!!!!!) get a weird sensation after the Roman scene where it smells of fire. I haven't been since 2000 so i cant really tell until i go to see about anything else, soon hopefully.

MGM... There is a HUGE collective energy between ToT and RnRC. And yes there is SOMETHING in the alien scene somewhere behind Ripley's AA

How about ghost on the People Mover? Ive heard a few idiot teenagers have died on it from jumping to car to car.

I get the feeling of a little child but no teens. And around the now gone skyway loading/unloading areas, there is something there too.

...is there any books on this subject for disney world? But keep the stories coming

There probably are, but they are rare if I haven't seen em...

Wow...it is so strange that you mention these places...because I also feel the entities in those spots and a few other spots... I always tell my friend about them when we're there and he thinks I'm crazy... I agree that there are a lot in POTC...also on Space Mountain there are some entities.

I have not felt too many in EPCOT except on SE (again after the Roman scene) and I have actually felt quite a few on Universe of Energy.

Animal Kingdom has been pretty clean as far as I can tell.

MGM has its share of spirits. Between ToT and RnRC...YES. GMR...oh yes...in the Alien scene...(and you are SO right when you say behind the Ripley AA...I have actually thought I could SEE something one time)...also in the room with Fantasia's Mickey cartoon...strange feelings there.

That's about all that I can think of for now!

Great thread!

Djali999

Can you like separate the entities or can you just tell they are there. Also can you tell if they are guests workers or like pre existing spirits from before the park opened(like came with the land).

I get a definate sense in some areas that it's just a bad patch of earth. remember, WDW used to be a swamp, and I tend to think that negative energies collect in swamps.

for example, I think that the ghost in the endless hallway at WDW came with the land. some fun stories from that scene in the ride...

- I've heard of Cast Members who have been walking the track at night (a requirement) and turned around just in time to see some kind of shadowy figure running at them at full speed, a few moments before impact, then vanishing.

- I have a friend who swears that he saw a CM standing in the endless hall behind the floating candlabrum. this used to be a rotational bump to watch for unruly guests, but it hasn't been part of the bump cycle for years and years now.... and it was never behind the candlabrum. it was in that dark area before you enter the scene.

ditto with areas of Epcot. and possibly behind Ripley in the Great Movie Ride.

Gucci65

I always chalk the creepy feeling in HM as being part of the ride.

Last December we stayed in POR - Alligator Bayou and were dropped off every night at the back of the resort. I HATED walking thru there - it was creepy. By otherwise I can't think of a thing I've seen/heard at WDW. Maybe I tune it out.

However, last summer we were touring the cemetaries in St. Augustine and someone was whispering my ear. When I turned around to look who it was, our guide started freaking out saying OMG you heard that!!!! It was a long dark ride back to Daytona Beach that night. I definatley believe, but like I said I must tune it out in WDW.....

imagineer boy

I always get creeped during the endless hallway sequence in the Haunted Mansion. I went on the ride by myself on my last trip, and when my doom buggy came to the endless hallway scene, my blood went cold and I felt like there was a presence in the room other than the people in the doom buggies, But once I got to the noisy hallway part, I felt fine. Strange.

bigbadwolf

There is always a wierd feeling when you enter Tomorrowland, it's is different feeling then the other lands surrounding the MK.

Static I dont think the guy at tomorrow land could be walt disney, reason is the park opened in 1971. Walt Disney past away in 1966.

For some more places at the MK...

Main Street-
Walt and Mickey statue in the middle of MK?

Fantasyland-
The tunnel you go through under Cindereldas castle to fantasyland?
The Dumbo Ride Line?
Snow Whites Adventure?
The walk you take past Peterpan and It's a small world to Liberty Square?

LibertySquare-
Hall of presidents?

Frontierland-
That short cut board walk bridge thing that leads you from Liberty Square to Frontierland?-I'm not sure what to call it lol.

Adventureland-
The Enchanted Tiki Room?
Shrunken Ned's Junior Jungle Boats?
Jungle Cruise?
Swiss Family Tree House?

Ok well... I know MK opened in the 1970s, but thats 34 years ago. Because Disneyland opened before WDW, I would think it would be more haunted.

From a list of most haunted to less haunted at WDW it would probably go how the parks opened.

*Disneyland opened on July 17th 1955
1.Magic Kingdom-October 1st, 1971
2.Epcot-October 1st, 1982
3.MGM Studios-May 1st, 1989
4.Animal Kingdom-April 22nd, 1998

jaylenofan86

Well, I have had some weird stuff happen to me in the past. But I learned to ignore it, forget about it, but seen I've seen this thread, I'm having mermories about my past experiences (none at Disney). The next time I'm at Disneyland/Walt Disney World, I'll have to be loose and let my sences go.........

Scar4king

(I know this isnt disney) but at islands of adventure have any of you had that hopeless empty feeling on the jurassic park ride right after you see the stegasaurus.. I get it alot there but mainly on SSE and Inside HM

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom