Disney World guests file lawsuit after allegedly eating bug-infested food

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

GoofGoof

Premium Member

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Okay, yes, I'd be disgusted if i are that without knowing.... But how did they not notice when they grabbed the lettuce from the bar, placed more food inside the lettuce, picked up the lettuce to take a bite, etc.

I'm sorry they got sick so badly they had to go to the ER. That sounds absolutely miserable. I hope they're healing and on the mend.

Raineman

Is the buffet at the Poly completely indoors, or could the bugs have flown into the buffet area and landed on the food?
Either way, most of this lawsuit sounds like b.s. to me. Some people look at Disney and see $$ in front of their eyes. I've been eating salad at a restaurant, and saw a little inchworm crawling on to my fork. I told the waitress, and we got the meal for free. I left, didn't go back again, and everyone was happy. Maybe I should have sued the restaurant on false claims and made a few bucks out of it?

Chef Mickey

Does that count as a restaurant? I guess the way McDonald’s is technically called a restaurant.
McDonald’s at least attempts to have some idea they are a fast food establishment. Chipotle comes off holier than thou with their disingenuous message of quality ingredients and fantastic recipes. They literally wrap up mostly beans and rice, 2 of the cheapest foods available, in a tasteless tortilla from a bag.

NCO91590

You are not. That is disgusting. I'd be highly upset myself. I had bugs in my chipotle lettuce once before so it's not fun at all.

Same here! It would probably make me paranoid and I would make myself crazy inspecting all my food for the whole trip. But what I don't understand is why they would notice the bugs, THEN EAT THEM?

The little bugs are aphids...which are common and not poisonous. It means, however, that the lettuce was not properly rinsed or inspected.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom