Disney World guests file lawsuit after allegedly eating bug-infested food

Raineman

Very much so. I was initially sued for 1 million, at the end they settled for $20,000
I've always been curious as to how that lawsuit against my insurance company turned out. The lawyer for the company seemed to be a no BS type of person, and just based on her reaction after she questioned me, she was finding many holes in their story. I hope they got nothing, and still have to pay their legal bills.

Phonedave

I've always been curious as to how that lawsuit against my insurance company turned out. The lawyer for the company seemed to be a no BS type of person, and just based on her reaction after she questioned me, she was finding many holes in their story. I hope they got nothing, and still have to pay their legal bills.

I had the strangest (I assume, it's the only time I was sued) experience with it. I met the lawyer (who I swear was Matlock in every way - looked like him, acted like him, sounded like him) for the first time in a parking lot outside the law firm that was suing me for a deposition. After talking in the lot he said "You are not ready for a deposition, wait here". He went in, came out, and said "Go home, I'll call you and we will meet". After setting up about a half dozen appointments to meet with him, only to have him cancel every one the night before, he called me and said "They settled for $20K, there is no exposure to you, it's been a pleasure working with you." and that was that.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I had the strangest (I assume, it's the only time I was sued) experience with it. I met the lawyer (who I swear was Matlock in every way - looked like him, acted like him, sounded like him) for the first time in a parking lot outside the law firm that was suing me for a deposition. After talking in the lot he said "You are not ready for a deposition, wait here". He went in, came out, and said "Go home, I'll call you and we will meet". After setting up about a half dozen appointments to meet with him, only to have him cancel every one the night before, he called me and said "They settled for $20K, there is no exposure to you, it's been a pleasure working with you." and that was that.

I was deposed for a negligence civil suit against the state. I frustrated the attorney representing the family so much during the deposition (he must have missed my previous job as a paralegal), he terminated the deposition and later advised the family to drop its lawsuit. Had to have a brief break during the deposition because he was losing it (and the court reporter was having a hard time trying to supress her laughs).

Disneydreamer23

So out of everyone eating at the buffet no one else noticed all these bugs except conveniently the 4 people in the same party all eating lettuce wraps? Sounds like that bit of more than they can chew with club level and trying to get the money back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom