Disney World Germany????

BeachClubVillas

Original Poster
Check out this link. http://www.europapark.de/index.php?id=806&lang=en

It's a park in Germany, but I think we just figured out where WDI got the idea for a roller coaster inside Spaceship Earth! Besides copying Spaceship Earth, Europa Park has a ride called the Universe of Energy and a Haunted House that looks suspiciously like Disney's

http://www.europapark.de/index.php?id=859&lang=en
This is a ride called "Pirates of Batavia" I mean, come on, look at the pictures! And don't forget "Alpine Train" the out of control mine train coaster. And the section of the park called Adventureland!

Either Disney has a deal with these people, or they could solve all their Eisner money problems with one lawsuit!! Either way, I want to go to Europa Park!!! Too bad it's in Germany :(

WDWfan2209

That coaster inside of the dome (its not lifted off the ground meaning its not a geosphere), was nothing like what WDI had in mind for SE. They were thinking about a coaster that you boarded where the global neighborhodd is or was. You would be launched into SE. Thats what the idea was, but it fell through due to the fact that when SE was built the ride was designed to help hold up SE. Therefore making it too coastly to restructure the SE to build a coaster, so the idea was scrapped, for now...

Pioneer Hall

There was a thread about that a while back about Disney Impersonators. I think there was one in Korea or somewhere in that area that copied Disney a lot.

If you are really interested in it, search for Disney Impersonators or something along those lines.

Bill

Account Suspended
Eeek! They have The Stave Church, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted Mansion, the Disneyland People Mover, the Monorail, A thing the looks like Spaceship Earth, and more. Sigh. They also have attractions named "Universe of Energy" and "Adventure land"

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by WDWfan2209
That coaster inside of the dome (its not lifted off the ground meaning its not a geosphere), was nothing like what WDI had in mind for SE. They were thinking about a coaster that you boarded where the global neighborhodd is or was. You would be launched into SE. Thats what the idea was, but it fell through due to the fact that when SE was built the ride was designed to help hold up SE. Therefore making it too coastly to restructure the SE to build a coaster, so the idea was scrapped, for now...

For some reason, I still have trouble believing that. I don't think the Imagineers would have created a ride that couldn't be changed. If that ride is holding the dome up, it would mean that it would be impssible to change the ride, or the format of the ride. I don't think they would have limited themselves like that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It wasn`t the ride parsay (spelling) - its the actual spiral floor the omnimover sits on that hold the Geosphere together. You could put a coaster in place of the Omnimover, but can`t mess with the deck layout...

Think of SE as a hollow ball, with a big strong tower running up the middle of it (with emmergency access inside)... the floors are made of beams spiraling out from this tower to the inside of the interior `ball` wall, pulling it inwards. Take these beams out and SE would look like a squashed tomato...

BTW - SE has no show elements in the lower third... the legs support the upper 2 thirds of the structure (where the show is), and the lower third is suspended from that! The major load bearing deck runs between all (6) legs, and everything else uses that for support... The Silver tube under SE dosn`t support any weight - If I recall its emmergency egress (in the event of the entry/exit legs or the load/unload/Global Neighbourhood building being unusable).

skibum

Europa Park Germany

i actually have been to europa park a few times myself. and i promise, its no disney park. its a great park on its own. the rides are very unique and fun. but they are all on a much smaller scale than any disney ride. plus europa park has a hyper coaster thats 180 feet tall and sponsored by mercedes benz. alot of the rides to greatly resemble disney rides too. but they are much cheaper lower quality animatronics. Europa park does has a few rides which i have not yet seen in the states. one of them is a spinning coaster. sort of an older version of primeval whirl. their water coaster is a pretty good ride too. the final drop goes under a rock which you think you will hit but of course dont. the second i walked in the gates of europa park i thought i was in a disney park again. they even have a monorail, too. dont know why since the parks is tiny. i would estimate it to be about the size of about half of mgm studios at wdw. the monorail is tiny btw. kinda goofy lookin.
so anyway, if anyone has questions about europa park or a few others in germany, lemme know. i have been to a few of them.

TimeTrip

Re: Europa Park Germany

Originally posted by skibum
i would estimate it to be about the size of about half of mgm studios at wdw.

I dunno, there seem to be alot of attractions. Also compare the maps: europa-park versus mgm . Europa park appears bigger to me ;)

skibum

europa park is not near as big as any disney park other than maybe disneyland paris. but it still packs quite a few attractions into that smaller size. i assure you, its is NOT a disney park. which is not a bad thing, but its just different than them.

BeachClubVillas

Original Poster
Re: that sphere...

Originally posted by paulcmartens
That sphere is atrocious! What a knockoff! Talk about no integrity!

I totally agree. I saw a show on the Travel Channel about the park and wanted to check it out because it looked really cool. They had the sphere right on their homepage. I was shocked!! I kept looking and couldn't believe it. I just had to tell you guys about it...I knew only you guys would be as upset about it as I was ! :lol:

sissa216

Originally posted by Disney2002
Ja, ich denke, dass diese Vergnuengspark sieht als Disney aus. Aber ich wiess auch, dass viele Deutscher finden DLP sehr schoen.

So habe ich auch gefunden. Ich war austausschueler in Deutschland, und meine Gastfamilie hatte gesagt dass nichts aus Deutschland war so gut wie WDW in Amerika. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom